So, Vaal pact nerf?

the whole reflect stuff is too funny

do people even realize that by justifying using instant leech because of reflect, they are basically saying they are deliberately circumventing the mechanic whose whole purpose -literally- is to limit dps output/play aware and slow you down ?

whether you fap to clearspeed or despise it, its a fact that reflect has been in place to limit glass cannons from closing their eyes and deleting everything in existence before it has a chance to strike back

its literally the only purpose for it.

so by using VP, you are basically 'cheating' to negate this only cap on damage that is left in the game, completely.

GGG already tinkered with reflect once, removing it from packs and placing a HUGE visual cue for it and removing it from underground monsters. what has this resulted in ? huge powercreep because the less reflect catches people, the more careless people will run

and then there come people who say 'bu bu its my playstyle I dont want to mouse over mobs, I dont want to pay attention, I dont want to not spam offscreen arrows'.

this playstyle wouldnt even exist if people werent enabled with instant leech to do it.

'killing my playstyle' is also not a really good argument. you can inject that playstyle on some skill-to-skill basis if really needed. but people who say by removing VP youre removing a playstyle, must not remember what instant leech coupled with powercreep damage did to trappers.

back in the day, trapping was a good way to go if you wanted to stack crit multi to heaven and not worry about reflect. nowadays ? whats the point, as you can stack same multi on a self-cast skill AND have leech and not worry about cooldowns, while enjoying almost the same reflect protection ? exactly.
"
xMustard wrote:

every life leech does that - you just can't hit consecutively too quickly with regular leech compared to current vaal pact. so vaal pact just makes it brainless.

Nope, regular life leech is limited by the leech cap, which means you can't get your life back fast enough to not die.

"
grepman wrote:

so by using VP, you are basically 'cheating' to negate this only cap on damage that is left in the game, completely.

It's a bit weird to call it cheating. But yeah, it was too good, that's why GGG is going to nerf it.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
The only thing that bugs me is that this completely breaks CWDT builds (which were extremely fun to play). Every other build will more or less be fine with some adjustments.
While I agree with most of the other posters in terms of "yes it needed a nerf, but now its "rather" dead" i just ask myself... was it really that hard to just leave the keystone in the old location and make a SECOND VAAL PACT on the opposite side of the tree?? i mean really?

and please ofc, with the addition of "limited to 1" DUH!
Someone can tell me how must i play my cyclone in 3.1 ? i wanted to play an elemental cyclone but with this vaal pact change i don't know if the build is viable?
"
zagibu wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

every life leech does that - you just can't hit consecutively too quickly with regular leech compared to current vaal pact. so vaal pact just makes it brainless.

Nope, regular life leech is limited by the leech cap, which means you can't get your life back fast enough to not die.

"
grepman wrote:

It's a bit weird to call it cheating. But yeah, it was too good, that's why GGG is going to nerf it.

again read what you even quoted - yes life leech is limited by the leech cap per second, but as i said, every life leech does that - you just can't hit consecutively too quickly with regular leech compared to current vaal pact. so vaal pact just makes it brainless.

you can overcome reflect with regular leech. you hit it once and wait for your life leech to catch up, then hit it again.

or, like the rest of my post said, don't hit reflect with your main fucking ability.

i can't wait for vaal pact to go - and actually i hope its just removed completely - just so we can watch these lazy no brain thinkless scrubs die and whine over and over and over and over. it will force you to git gud or suffer.
"
xMustard wrote:

you can overcome reflect with regular leech. you hit it once and wait for your life leech to catch up, then hit it again.

Have fun doing that in a breach.
"
xMustard wrote:

again read what you even quoted - yes life leech is limited by the leech cap per second, but as i said, every life leech does that - you just can't hit consecutively too quickly with regular leech compared to current vaal pact. so vaal pact just makes it brainless.

Quite a weird point to make. I mean, you could also say life regenerations or potions work fine against reflect, just hit them once, then wait until the reg/recovery has healed you. No shit sherlock?
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
zagibu wrote:
Quite a weird point to make. I mean, you could also say life regenerations or potions work fine against reflect, just hit them once, then wait until the reg/recovery has healed you. No shit sherlock?

exactly. you absolutely can. and obviously you should, so you don't die, no?

in breaches you can still get around reflect - again, the most common thing to do vs reflect when it was ENTIRE PACKS and not a single fucking useless mob, is you had separate damage types. you hit ele reflect with phys dmg and phys reflect with ele dmg.

honestly, reflect has never been more manageable. did you guys play the game 2 years ago? we're talking ZERO reduced reflect damage and reflect were entire packs of mobs. just think now about what you would need to do in those situations. what would you do? think about it.

keep in mind VP does nothing against one shots anyway. which is another thing that needs to be repeated constantly because its something misunderstood
"
xMustard wrote:
keep in mind VP does nothing against one shots anyway. which is another thing that needs to be repeated constantly because its something misunderstood

It does nothing against _literal_ oneshots, which are pretty much only even happening with phys EQ anymore. But, for example, a single kinetic blast volley is reasonably considered a oneshot, yet leech with pre-3.1 vaal pact works fine because it's one attack launched that hits multiple times. Same with barrage when applicable, multistrike melee, etc., etc.
Last edited by codetaku on Nov 19, 2017, 10:15:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info