So, Vaal pact nerf?

I'd have kinda preferred if they'd done something like
"the first second of leech happens instantly, -10% life recovery" instead, keeping the old flavour, but forcing people to actually invest in leech for it to work well.
Or a cap on how much damage is factored into leech %.
Oh well, I never actually used it.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
So VP just gives us 40% Life Reg per second without any investment (besides the points to get VP) further enhanced by Max life leech nodes on the tree (all located near the Duelist giving 13% togheter.. 26% with Vaal Pact if it works that way). 53%-66% Life Reg per second with some point investment without going Slayer.. seems good to me. It will still alow to tank Shaper Beams (basicly all slayer builds can do that anyway right now).

By the way: It is possible to tank Shaper Slam with just 5K HP.. all you need is a Basalt Flask, Fortify and a Granite Flask ;)
"
xMustard wrote:
for a while now our offense has been our best defense. but now we'll have to remember about actual defense. mitigation and avoidance. people will have to adapt to think about armor, evasion, dodge, block, mitigation, endurance charges, etc all over again instead of just "stack life stack life stack life".

Life is still superior to armor/evasion. As others said, people on HC don't usually take VP but usually it's still "take as much life as possible and spend the rest on damage". At the very best you take some endurance charges.
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
shaunika90 wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
VP didn't prevent one shot either - so.....no, not every single character in the game is constantly getting one shot.

jesus you people exaggerate so much. yes i've read threads and reasons why armor and evasion are not adequate, problem is they're all wrong. what you just posted is completely wrong and untrue through 98.9% of all content.

yeah, but that's the point.

defenses in general suck dick for a lot of builds, getting just enough of it not to get oneshot by anything, and then outhealing the rest, was basically the only good form of defense. now they wont be able to do that, so they'Ll stack defenses.

really, I still dont understand how VP is the biggest problem when GC miners kill shaper in like 15 C gear.
Because when there is too much of one thing? It's probably broken?

Do people play vaal pact or do they play GC miner?

Kinda obvious which one needs to go first.

Don't fret, they'll play GC/slayer/whatever massively now, that shall solve your problem, right?
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
You can't get armour and evasion with ES

Yeah, nobody's been able to figure out how to put armor on ES...wait a minute...

[3.0] 9.5k ES, 60-100k Armor/MaxBlock Aegis Guardian. Harbringer League

(>_>), well looks like that isn't true.

Yeah, because a build with literally not more than 17 damage nodes and only two jewels available for damage as well as 90% defensive items and a defensive ascendency deals as much damage as a marauder or ranger build that doesn't put more than half their points into defence and only needs 2-3 correct prefixes on rare gear. I'm sorry, but this can't be your idea of an alternative to vaal pact. Offscreen builds will farm a lot faster with much less investment.

Show me an elementalist build with less than 50 range (preferably less than 40), that does not rely on killing everything before it kills you, has comparable clearspeed to mid-quality marauder or ranger builds and uses ES for defence. Because I think 90% of those builds I've seen so far are dead; if not because of VP, then because of the ES nerf.
Atziri's accuity, Bloodseeker? What happend with this?
I hope they at least will show now in game more info about leech - how much hp i can leech during 1 second, etc.

Because right now we have all those "+10% of maximum Life per second to maximum life leech rate" which is hardly understandable or possible to calculate without pen, paper and a bottle of vodka.
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Nov 17, 2017, 9:11:44 AM
"
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
You can't get armour and evasion with ES

Yeah, nobody's been able to figure out how to put armor on ES...wait a minute...

[3.0] 9.5k ES, 60-100k Armor/MaxBlock Aegis Guardian. Harbringer League

(>_>), well looks like that isn't true.

Yeah, because a build with literally not more than 17 damage nodes and only two jewels available for damage as well as 90% defensive items and a defensive ascendency deals as much damage as a marauder or ranger build that doesn't put more than half their points into defence and only needs 2-3 correct prefixes on rare gear. I'm sorry, but this can't be your idea of an alternative to vaal pact. Offscreen builds will farm a lot faster with much less investment.

Show me an elementalist build with less than 50 range (preferably less than 40), that does not rely on killing everything before it kills you, has comparable clearspeed to mid-quality marauder or ranger builds and uses ES for defence. Because I think 90% of those builds I've seen so far are dead; if not because of VP, then because of the ES nerf.

Oh, please. You asked why people weren't talking about ES having no defenses when the build with the highest armor rating in the league happens to use ES. I don't know if the irony lost on you, but you were so wrong it was hilarious. It was like someone complaining that you don't have bullet proof vest, when you are driving tank.

Yeah, if a bullet ever hit you. That'd definitely hurt, except your in like 10 inches of steel. Yeah, totally no defense for ES. ES can never get defense whatsoever, except the build with the highest armor happens to be ES. OMG mind explosion.

Anyway, on a more realistic note. If you don't care about being tanky, (which is all that build is) there are plenty of other builds, pretty much every other ES build out there does fine without Vaal Pact because, ES can't even use Vaal Pact. That's kinda one of the 3.0 patch notes that happened 2 months ago.

So, I don't know what ES builds you think are dead that weren't already dead. But pretty much they are all fine. And they all use some sort of defense so they don't die.
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Nov 17, 2017, 9:27:59 AM
"
Vampiruga wrote:
Atziri's accuity, Bloodseeker? What happend with this?

Uh, dunno what happened to those yet. Maybe, nerf? One person mentioned that instead of instant leech, they might change the text on new drops so that it gives you the vaal pact keystone instead. Won't know till more information comes out.
(⌐■_■)
if this is really going to happen im going to quit POE. You could do so many funny builds with Vaal Pact and without Vaal pact or shit tons of life regen you did fall like a paper even when you had 7k hp.
Last edited by 0Godslayer0 on Nov 17, 2017, 10:33:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info