So, Vaal pact nerf?

If you say about reflect vs vaal pact.. If reflected damage oneshot you no sense have you VP or not. And if you think that VP is the one way to negate reflected damage you mistake. I think that developers wants that characters that use some damage type (nonchaos) have a great defence against this damage type, for example i not sence any phys damage when i play juggernaut with 70k+ armour because i have not so high damage by one hit but i have big AS that gives me high DPS and relatively about 0 reflected damage (see armour mechanics for moar information). If you want use fire damage, plz use rise of the phoenix, purity of fire etc. sources of decreasing fire damage taken. But if you have 1kkk dps sorry you cannot be safed by anything and game depart you to place which was created for chars with same dps - scrubcore!
Last edited by Vampiruga on Nov 20, 2017, 2:28:04 AM
to be fair this game has been in need of a real disincentive from making glass cannon builds.

if you use abyssus and are speced into pure damage. im sorry ..but if you hit a reflect mob you should die.

not only should you die .. i really think they should add an effect where the character explodes violently if they over kill themselves enough.

that being said it is beyond clear that the secondary defenses in this game are in need of a rework.

wouldn't it be interesting if armor and evasion had their values doubled vs reflect damage?
The current defense system need a rebalance. In most cases I feel that I cannot really count on them and no matter how many and how much of them I stack, its still unsafe on some game content.
Last edited by herflik on Nov 20, 2017, 10:48:27 AM
I think a better solution would be to drastically reduce the leech effect when using vaal pact. Maybe a debuff which slowly reduces the leech to 0%. I would not take away the instant leech.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
bashtart wrote:
I think a better solution would be to drastically reduce the leech effect when using vaal pact. Maybe a debuff which slowly reduces the leech to 0%. I would not take away the instant leech.

I actually like this idea. It would make the keystone and concept very tactical and something you need to think about while still retaining it's flavor and power.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
either you go all in and survive a few hits from a boss - but it takes 10 minutes to kill a guardian - or you go damage and can't take a hit at all.

A ~100k effective dps build kills guardians in ~2.5/3min (~4.5 for Chimera). Nowadays it's not really hard to get such dps even while investing heavily in defences.

Some ppl are really too much used to VP. It allows to go all-in in damage as long as you have a sufficient hp pool which is completely overkill for 95% of the game in most cases. Lowering damage investment in favour of some defences will almost change nothing for map clear speed. End game bosses will be a bit longer , some skills might have to be avoided (as it should be) and that's it.

Not a big deal really.

However it is necessary to add some spell leech in some nodes/notables in the upper side of the tree imho.
"
bashtart wrote:

this reminds me of some of the past changes to leech we have seen. \ we need to remember this is not the first time leech was nerfed.

does anyone else remember the days of 5% life leech gems? where your .4% leech values were full 1% leech values?

when carnage heart had like 5% leech on it?

The problem with the whole just reduce the % leech is that ... power creep just makes up the difference

when leech was nerfed the first time people were bitching their asses off. why are they silent now? because we do 5 - 10 times the damage of back then. hell back in those days there was no way you could leech more then your full life pool on one target. now its not only possible ... its kind of easy.

an unbound cap for leech tied to a system that has a history of power creep will always be a problem.

we need a cap . we need that leech cap, we need to reach a point where getting more damage or getting more leech does not equal more defense.

because instant leech with no cap means it will continue to be a growing problem as the game grows older and player power gets greater.

They need to FIX things like this...

ONE axe hit him and chopped his life, insta RIP... ONE AXE dudes cmon @GGG ...

You discourage people from hardcore with mechanics that punish you so unreasonably and then you wonder why everyone tries to find "GOD BUILDS" that can facetank your bosses with life-steal......

I would accept if u get hit by 2 or 3 axes then yes fine insta-rip ... but ONE AXE CMON GGG ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS0V5zndUEA
Last edited by oestergreen on Nov 20, 2017, 2:44:15 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
to be fair this game has been in need of a real disincentive from making glass cannon builds.

if you use abyssus and are speced into pure damage. im sorry ..but if you hit a reflect mob you should die.
now imagine if everyone is given what they 'want'- no reflect or xp penalty on softcore on death.

why would anyone run ANYTHING aside from abyssus in softcore for any attack melee builds ?

abyssus is a great item because it provides high power and yet high risk. once you remove the risk it becomes the defacto go-to option for all applicable builds
"
oestergreen wrote:
They need to FIX things like this...

ONE axe hit him and chopped his life, insta RIP... ONE AXE dudes cmon @GGG ...

You discourage people from hardcore with mechanics that punish you so unreasonably and then you wonder why everyone tries to find "GOD BUILDS" that can facetank your bosses with life-steal......

I would accept if u get hit by 2 or 3 axes then yes fine insta-rip ... but ONE AXE CMON GGG ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS0V5zndUEA

it looks like he got crit and he had no defenses other than hit point pool (its harder to tell now because shock isnt necessarily via crit)

I always carry a basalt and I would definitely carry it into this fight, those STs hurt if you dont have any phys mitigation. basalt/topaz flask + enfeeble = no rip

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info