For those that enjoy labs.

I also believe that the Labyrinth was poorly incorporated into the game.

It feels like optional content, and it is not.

People are fine getting no rewards for act bosses, because they are part of the story. The Labyrinth isn't.

This is more of a general GGG issue and not specific to the Labyrinth.

Instead of optimizing add-on content when adding them to the core game they just add them on, as a growth, that feels out of place.

The Labyrinth is just the best example of this.

I liked the Labyrinth trap at the beacon, and the poison arrow tramps on the bridge. I feel these are movements in the correct direction.
i wish the lab was optional,lab is pretty much the only thing i dislike about this game.
i didnt even do merc lab in this 10 day race because its so tedious and 4 points is enough for 10 days but unfortunatly in the 3 month leagues the 6 points are really needed,so i always do it but i hate every minute of it.

an easy option would be that if you buy a lab carry the carrier can throw up a portal for you when the lab is done and you just teleport there skipping all the crap along the way,people buy lab carries all the time so they are not really "earning" the points so why not just have the option to skip to the end if you buy a carry? carriers would make more money and anti lab people would be happy that they can skip lab,win win for both sides.
"
i wish the lab was optional,lab is pretty much the only thing i dislike about this game.
i didnt even do merc lab in this 10 day race because its so tedious and 4 points is enough for 10 days but unfortunatly in the 3 month leagues the 6 points are really needed,so i always do it but i hate every minute of it.

an easy option would be that if you buy a lab carry the carrier can throw up a portal for you when the lab is done and you just teleport there skipping all the crap along the way,people buy lab carries all the time so they are not really "earning" the points so why not just have the option to skip to the end if you buy a carry? carriers would make more money and anti lab people would be happy that they can skip lab,win win for both sides.

Oh, you mean lose on all sides, and especially on GGG's side because they really invested in the "Labyrinth". Hopefully, they will improve it and won't take your "easy way ouț" proposal...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"

Oh, you mean lose on all sides, and especially on GGG's side because they really invested in the "Labyrinth". Hopefully, they will improve it and won't take your "easy way ouț" proposal...

improving it would be more work for them,thats why they havent done it so far
Labs are optional. You can play without them.
Censored.
"
If you truly enjoy labs, the challenge it brings or it's diversity, or what ever you find satisfying about it than I ask you to help us convince GGG to make it optional. I'm glad you enjoy labs, but many people don't. It would in no way harm your experience of the game if GGG gave us the ability to gain ascendancy in others ways. Maybe by killing special bosses, or mobs, or clearing maps. Something that is consistent with 99 percent of the gameplay. Even if labs make sense to you, by acknowledging that mandatory labs are pushing away players and revenue for GGG, you can support them and thank them for their content by helping us change the minds of the GGG staff and make labs optional. Making the labs optional and not locking important progression behind a loathsome minigame who's gameplay is inconsistent with 99 percent of the game's content would in no way harm anyone that likes it. It's a win win for everyone. So join us. I like this game, I want to play it. But the frustration level of having to go through labs on each of my characters is too much. I play games to have fun. Even if you can't understand that frustration for whatever reason and believe that I should just "suck it up," you would be supporting GGG by siding with me and making this content optional.

Help us help GGG bring in more players and more money.

I can tell that Labyrinths are vexing you. Idk if the change you're asking for will ever see fruition, but maybe I can help with the underlying issue a bit. Might I suggest trying out using Kaom's Roots?

The "You cannot be slowed to below base speed" mod --> you can run through the purple slow-you-down traps (ubiquitous around the spinny/spiky/buzzsawy ones) with ease. This makes the Lab traps considerably easier.

You might be a big skeptical about how big a difference it makes, but that with a good movement skill (or two--I use Whirling Blades and Leapslam), it should be much easier.

Sorry for your frustration, and GL!
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
bwam wrote:
"
If you truly enjoy labs, the challenge it brings or it's diversity, or what ever you find satisfying about it than I ask you to help us convince GGG to make it optional. I'm glad you enjoy labs, but many people don't. It would in no way harm your experience of the game if GGG gave us the ability to gain ascendancy in others ways. Maybe by killing special bosses, or mobs, or clearing maps. Something that is consistent with 99 percent of the gameplay. Even if labs make sense to you, by acknowledging that mandatory labs are pushing away players and revenue for GGG, you can support them and thank them for their content by helping us change the minds of the GGG staff and make labs optional. Making the labs optional and not locking important progression behind a loathsome minigame who's gameplay is inconsistent with 99 percent of the game's content would in no way harm anyone that likes it. It's a win win for everyone. So join us. I like this game, I want to play it. But the frustration level of having to go through labs on each of my characters is too much. I play games to have fun. Even if you can't understand that frustration for whatever reason and believe that I should just "suck it up," you would be supporting GGG by siding with me and making this content optional.

I can tell that Labyrinths are vexing you. Idk if the change you're asking for will ever see fruition, but maybe I can help with the underlying issue a bit. Might I suggest trying out using Kaom's Roots?

The "You cannot be slowed to below base speed" mod --> you can run through the purple slow-you-down traps (ubiquitous around the spinny/spiky/buzzsawy ones) with ease. This makes the Lab traps considerably easier.

You might be a big skeptical about how big a difference it makes, but that with a good movement skill (or two--I use Whirling Blades and Leapslam), it should be much easier.

Yes, I can vouch for the truth in this, Kaom's Roots do help a lot. Along the same tangent, the Pantheon minor god Ryslatha also helps a lot when running a Vaal Pact character because it replenishes the life flasks.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
bwam wrote:
"

Just so you know the particular moment that made me quit PoE was me running through a set of traps on a trial and I got pincered between two traps. I couldn't see the pattern before entering the traps after noticing I couldn't see the pattern and got tired of waiting I ran in, Using Whirling blades. There was no slow so Kaom's boots wouldn't have helped. And I got pincered between two traps and went down to about 20 percent health real quick, eating up all my potions. I went back to camp and I quit the game after that.

The lab isn't "hard," it's tedious and boring. And with one slip those moments happen to be too often. I take my time and I wait to see the pattern, then I jump foreward a little bit, then I do it over again, and then again...and then again...and then again...and then...........again.

I then realized. "I don't need this frustration and annoyance. I have options. Fuck this game."

So giving me tips to make the lab easier is not helping because the difficulty of the lab is not the problem, it's the boring tedium and annoyance of running a gauntlet of traps in a game that is otherwise 99 percent fighting. I have long since stopped playing the game and I don't plan on returning until labs are made optional or removed all together. If any of my friends asks my about PoE instead of advocating for it excitedly like I do for all the games I like, I'm going to tell them it's not worth it and that will be the end of that conversation. I'll then go on to play 1 of any thousands of games. And if I want a challenge, I'll play XCom 2 or Darkest dungeon or something. Or divinity 2 with mods. Anything but this frustration.
Last edited by ProfessorGanymede on Nov 16, 2017, 6:11:06 PM
"
Just so you know the particular moment that made me quit PoE was me running through a set of traps on a trial and I got pincered between two traps. I couldn't see the pattern before entering the traps after noticing I couldn't see the pattern and got tired of waiting I ran in, Using Whirling blades. There was no slow so Kaom's boots wouldn't have helped. And I got pincered between two traps and went down to about 20 percent health real quick, eating up all my potions. I went back to camp and I quit the game after that.

The lab isn't "hard," it's tedious and boring. And with one slip those moments happen to be too often. I take my time and I wait to see the pattern, then I jump foreward a little bit, then I do it over again, and then again...and then again...and then again...and then...........again.

I then realized. "I don't need this frustration and annoyance. I have options. Fuck this game."

So giving me tips to make the lab easier is not helping because the difficulty of the lab is not the problem, it's the boring tedium and annoyance of running a gauntlet of traps in a game that is otherwise 99 percent fighting. I have long since stopped playing the game and I don't plan on returning until labs are made optional or removed all together. If any of my friends asks my about PoE instead of advocating for it excitedly like I do for all the games I like, I'm going to tell them it's not worth it and that will be the end of that conversation. I'll then go on to play 1 of any thousands of games. And if I want a challenge, I'll play XCom 2 or Darkest dungeon or something. Or divinity 2 with mods. Anything but this frustration.

I understand that it's frustrating to have a different style of play "interrupt" what you're used to in non-Lab -- a style of play you're not as familiar with/don't enjoy, and one you haven't accumulated the experience to conquer easily.

FWIW, running through traps is less about timing things perfectly and more about having a steady hand. If you keep a steady, deliberate pace (and have Kaom's Roots), it shouldn't even take any real practice to get 'er done.

But I get that you don't want tips on how to adapt to this. Sorry to hear you're so upset that you have been deterring friends from an (otherwise? in your case) awesome game, but I get it: PoE can frustrate the best of us, especially when there's unfamiliar content that seems unfair or "out of place."

Again, GL with things. I don't know if GGG will allow Players to achieve Ascendancy through non-Lab content, so you might be wasting your time on these forums. But you do you.

/out.
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
Last edited by bwam on Nov 16, 2017, 6:22:23 PM
"
And if I want a challenge, I'll play XCom 2 or Darkest dungeon or something. Or divinity 2 with mods. Anything but this frustration.

I definitely agree that labyrinth is loathsome boring and frustrating content. I also agree that Xcom is a great game. I spent a few months playing that before the 3.0 release of PoE made PoE playable again for me.

You know, GGG has made many great enhancements since the labyrinth release. If I had the option to play the PoE release prior to the labyrinth release, I would pick that previous release in a heart beat. PoE was a better game without the loathsome labyrinth.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info