Monster Density in Maps

nice i can not wait to see that and in enjoy it
The real solution to this "problem" is to have the density update dynamically based on the number of maps run by players. Popular maps would be tuned down. Unpopular ones would get a boost. On the fly. Running the same thing as everyone else would become the least efficient route. Finding maps that other players didn't play would be a bonus. All this normalizing by X, Y or Z and "hours of testing" wouldn't be needed.
"
Sfp4 wrote:
My primary concern has always been counter balancing bad layouts vs good layouts so that if you were to end up running a crematorium instead you wouldnt feel as punished as you would if you didnt instead just sell 10 x cremas for 30 chaos then spend 30 chaos on 5 shaped strands.

In my opinion all layouts should provide equal experience per hour, let the player pick and choose what they enjoy running most and do so.

while certainly true for the most past you are forgetting the unique drops (crafting items, cards) that certain maps drop. Not only should the experience per hour balanced but also the value / hour - which is next to impossible since value flutters.

you could also balance value AGAINST xp/hout which would mean maps with better drops give less xp.

Most interesting would be a opposite-capitalism system where maps that are run little get denser over time of a league whereas maps that are run alot get less populated.
It's 3.1.0 already but still no pants for Marauder and Templar?
As others have stated, this don't really resolve the fact that some specific maps are hands down easier/better for most characters than others.

I'm not a mapping expert to have each map type memorized but I know that I stay away from some map types and they just felt bad to run. You'd spend time going down some long hallway or cave only to hit a dead end and have to back track.... other maps don't have this at all and result in a much better play experience.

People have pointed out that the "solution" to this is to re-work these maps so that you either have MORE monsters down these types of situations or more bosses/uniques/rares at the end of them to counter the wasted time.
IGN: SoulCinder
Why do I feel like this, as usual, sounds great and will turn out not great at all?
"
Ashriel wrote:
As long as density is higher than it was in 2.6 (let alone 3.0, God help us) then this will be nice. Hope it's not just placebo.

Next up - revert CoC, AoE, double-dipping, and boss HP/no reward changes. We're 1 for 5 with the whole rest of the week to go, come on GGG.

I agree with CoC, but not the rest. Double dipping was fucking stupid, good riddance. AoE system is better now than before, but the percentages do need a buff here and there. Boss HP is fine. They're bosses, not rares.
Probably it's hard to be made,but if they can will be cool feature.

In the map device have four slots.
Put from two to four maps and let device mix them.
So in this way we can have bigger map with mixed layout
in many combination.

No boring over and over same maps.
"
SageArts wrote:
"
Sfp4 wrote:
My primary concern has always been counter balancing bad layouts vs good layouts so that if you were to end up running a crematorium instead you wouldnt feel as punished as you would if you didnt instead just sell 10 x cremas for 30 chaos then spend 30 chaos on 5 shaped strands.

In my opinion all layouts should provide equal experience per hour, let the player pick and choose what they enjoy running most and do so.

while certainly true for the most past you are forgetting the unique drops (crafting items, cards) that certain maps drop. Not only should the experience per hour balanced but also the value / hour - which is next to impossible since value flutters.

you could also balance value AGAINST xp/hout which would mean maps with better drops give less xp.

Most interesting would be a opposite-capitalism system where maps that are run little get denser over time of a league whereas maps that are run alot get less populated.

That's great. A dynamic map system!
And by the way find a way to make those non linear maps interesting. Maybe some micro quest.
"
Stealthe wrote:
your probably one of those guys who acts like dps is all that matters and defense is just extra credit.In that case it would be better for the game to let you continue to die on every boss than for GGG to change the game for everyone to fit your unbalanced build

What's the point of a game that prides itself on it's huge amount of variety if you have to restrict yourself to a limited set of builds? Playing chess with only queens doesn't make you better than anyone my elisit friend.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info