Trade Manifesto

"
IHellBoundI wrote:

We dont have a better system cause they dont know how to fight/stop bots and rmt.

That's easy, just put a box near the Buy button with a verification algorithm, like those with pictures of easy arithmetic operation (3-4=?). Failing this check will give you a short timeout before you could attempt to trade again and it would increase constantly if you fail multiple times in a row.
"
hdvlad wrote:
"
IHellBoundI wrote:

We dont have a better system cause they dont know how to fight/stop bots and rmt.

That's easy, just put a box near the Buy button with a verification algorithm, like those with pictures of easy arithmetic operation (3-4=?). Failing this check will give you a short timeout before you could attempt to trade again and it would increase constantly if you fail multiple times in a row.

These used to work good back in the day, but nowadays technology has become pretty efficient at reading these scrambled words.
"
Cayote wrote:

These used to work good back in the day, but nowadays technology has become pretty efficient at reading these scrambled words.

I doubt it, especially if they implement an anti-cheat system that would restrict other apps or scripts to read the game's screen. But right now, all these 3rd party scripts and trade websites make this game look unprofessional and dated. They really have to integrate all these functions into the game, including the ability to edit and create loot filters in-game. But those are different stories..
Almost dont wanna play new league because of the trade system...
Ah, nostalgia.

It's so interesting to come back to this post and remember how depressing it was to read it in the first place.

The sheer fact that GGG weren't and still aren't willing to even try any trade changes for even a single league still amazes me to this day, especially with how much desire there is for literally any progression in this area.

Maybe after PoE 2 hits and you guys don't care about this version of PoE as much you will be willing to try something out.

I think the saddest thing would be those trade changes turning out to be major improvements that improve the game for everybody (except SSF) and GGG regretting not implementing them earlier due to their biases.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Dec 9, 2019, 4:44:37 PM
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
Ah, nostalgia.

It's so interesting to come back to this post and remember how depressing it was to read it in the first place.

The sheer fact that GGG weren't and still aren't willing to even try any trade changes for even a single league still amazes me to this day, especially with how much desire there is for literally any progression in this area.

Maybe after PoE 2 hits and you guys don't care about this version of PoE as much you will be willing to try something out.

I think the saddest thing would be those trade changes turning out to be major improvements that improve the game for everybody (except SSF) and GGG regretting not implementing them earlier due to their biases.

Except PoE2 will still be the same PoE, it will also have the same endgame. It wont be a new game or system, its just a new campaign.

Trade will get improved when the next big thing in AARPGs comes out, and people leave in droves. Tencent will then either force Chris out or start making demands, and trade improvements will be one of them.

However, it will be too little too late and the years spent sending 40 messages for a Tier 4 map will have taken their toll.
@trixxar

Yeah, that's fair. I didn't think through my post well enough and was trying to be optimistic. But, realistically we really will need to wait until near the end of the game's life before any convenience factors get added.

Really just a shame. Welp, I'll probably keep skipping every 3-4 leagues like I have for the past several years now. shrug
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Dec 9, 2019, 5:48:35 PM
btw as part of trading why ggg still not reworked or changed how lab leaderboard reward first place? whats point in jewel monopoly for same dude several league and ggg dont even care?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Saevan wrote:

Prior to this manifesto I enjoyed the game, but was annoyed with lack of a trading system. Now I am pissed off.

Will I come back for the next league ... maybe. Will I spend any more money ... no.

I posted this (and more) 2 years ago. Still playing, still not paying.
With Christmas getting closer, do you think we'll get a gift about the outdated Trade system? And if you do, what is your guess.

My guess is
A post reply shutting down any hope and dreams about an improved system. Going as far as quoting their own post 2 years ago 'We changed our mind forever" kind of thing.
Last edited by Funinyourgame on Dec 20, 2019, 10:52:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info