Trade Manifesto

I understand your viewpoint. I am not sure I fully agree.

I remember the start and fall of RMT in D3 and agreed with that being shut down.

One downside of the current system is persons who are not extroverted or willing to deal with (or risk dealing with) ant-social individuals are locked out of the trade system. One only need briefly browse the forums to see tails of abuse and alleged theft.

Clearly the current system does work for many people some honest and well meaning others who prey on the new or unknowledgeable losing GGG customers.

Not an easy solution. How do you open trading to those unable or unwilling to deal with it as is? I imagine this could increase the player base 10-25%

An in-game API with monitored and logged trading (72 hours should be enough IMO) to help facilitate finding people with items you want. A trade zone able to run multiple instances as needed specifically for trading - a bazaar type map perhaps?

I like how ESO handles it with individual trader NPCs, going back to the bazaar idea if each player could set up an individual point of sale NPC with its own inventory tabs, then I think we could find the middle ground. People could still broadcast and do personal sales or they could use a storefront -- with several hundred NPCs each with its own inventory and pricing this should keep to the ideas I read in the OP.
** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
Items matter, trade is important but items dropped are the go-to for upgrading gear?

My point of view is the RNG's feature reality on a large item pool. A large item pool is great and necessary for an interesting game and RNG is the opposing champion against deterministic rewards of games.

I know that GGG thinks RNG is good and it is but RNG is not the perfect solution to get specific things but we don't want deterministic rewards so here comes trading. What is sold in trade systems is still a drop, you still need the game to drop the item for someone else. Also, you need the currency to drop so you can trade it for the item you need. So what I think is that trading is the solution to RNG and it's even more necessary when the loot pool is large.

GGG just wants to add RNG to trading because they think this is a feature for games. But we need to rebalance RNG in PoE. I borrow the term RNG here, you can search for the item you need but still, the player has to answer and here we have some variables. The player can be a bot, the player can be busy, the player can be a price fixer or player can have the item incorrectly priced. Here we see some problems with trading that need solving. How do you fix price fixers, busy players and incorrect pricing? Easy trade could be the solution because you cannot manipulate the economy with bogus listings, you could trade all the time without your intervention and you will always suffer the consequences for pricing wrong so you cannot tease other players.

Why is GGG so determined to not provide easy trading? I think it's the same problem with automated transactions with bank accounts. It's easy to exploit an unlimited transfer system and DDoS the server. So banks charge a fee to make an infinite loop impossible.
So, basically, your saying trade should be hard to do, because player will always do it. Imagine if Amazon was that bad, it would mean you have to post all their items in news paper and wait for the player to call or come to the shop and buy the item.

No, they know people will go in the website and wait for it to come.
In 2020, people don't like to talk and wait.

By the way, this is by far the best game I ever played with so many updates and features, but this one is just not that great.

I played the version on Playsation and it could be something we could have as a PC player. At least, you can sell your stuff and when you come back online, they are all sold.

As a gamer, it really piss me off when I receive a message asking for a item while I'm already in a map enjoying the game... then I have to pause, come back to my hideout, search for the item and wait for the other players to give me exact currency he said, cause he might try to steal in the process...

Another thing would be the stash.
We use all these awesome tash tabs, but it's not that simple to unload my inventory.

Let me explain, I come back to my hideout after 1 or 2 maps.
So basically, I do not want to wait, so I go to the vendor, sell the 5-6 linked trash item for jewel orbs, then go to my stash and here begin the nightmare. I have to open all the different stash and put the stuff in it...

I am proposing a default stash for all kind of item, and when you CTRL click the item, it just go to the right default one.

Above all, just keep up the good work on all other features, it is just better than any other games. :)
The amount of time I spend searching the auction house and the amount of time waiting for an item to complete trade makes me hate this game and want to quit. Incredibly stupid waste of time.
d
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Feb 15, 2020, 10:48:46 PM
so, such a big text, but no commentaries, why "completing" a trade is so difficult? Let me finish this for you:

1. An item is only tradable and viewable in the API, if the Seller is online.
So far so good.
2. The system still affords the seller to react to a trade request and this opens the room for scammer, who will put expensive items for low prices in the api, but will never react, if someone send a trade request. They just do it, because they now, that other sellers will put the same item for lower price, if there are so many offers for that low price.
2. In addition a seller is forced to abort his/her actual activities in order to make a trade happen and to earn some currency.

Why don't you change the systematic similar to the WoW's auction house:
1. Seller can set up the price, as he is doing it right now, for an item.
2. In the API, the person, who want to buy it can directly buy this item, if there is an exact price setup.
3. If the setup is done "negotiable", The buyer is able to put in the offer.
4. The seller gets a live information, if he is online and in the game, that some one offered a price for an item or will get an notification as soon, as he is logging in.
5. If he accepts/refuse/counter offers the offer, the buyer now gets a notification, that his offer has been accepted/refused/answered with an counter offer.
a) If Accepted: he is now able to buy the item for the offered price.
b) If refused: he is not able to buy the item for the offered price.
c) If counter offer: he can accept or deny the counter offer. Accepting will allow him to buy the price for the counter offer, if he is not accepting it, the trade will not proceed.
6. When buying the item, buyer get's the item via mailbox and seller gets the currency via mailbox as well.
What would be the effect: trades can be easily completed. It also avoid scammer, because, if an item is setup for an price, this item can be bought. This would fix so many issues. So please, for the next time, don't stop with your manifesto in the middle of the "road". Finalize the functionality and every one will be happy
"
Reinhart wrote:
Thank you, Chris.

GGG made the promise to never add an AH. I hope you honour that promise.

If an AH ever comes, I will swear that me and my allies will dry Standard and Hardcore of all it's resources.

@Pro-AH people: Do you really want to awaken dragons? And just because you want a T10 map in 1 second instead of 1 minute?

Signed,
Reinhart
Prime General of the Ring of Blades

Hmm... abundant price fixing and scammers or a bunch of angry players price fixing and scamming... difficult choice...
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
sup ggg! can u pls make better way for reward or aquire unique emperors jewels? ur current lab reward system rly so bad and unfair! its a must to make new lab reward system!

stop BS monopoly for only 1 who get jewels ALL leagues nonstop ALL times... why u cant just change ur super unfair cheat scam current lab system to something else?

1 emperor jewel uniq for a day... and alway to same player? rly?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Ragnarokkr

In Norse mythology, the apocalyptic battle that the gods will fight against the giants before the world perishes in flame and is created anew.

Heart of Purity

Last edited by Reinhart on Feb 14, 2020, 12:28:09 PM
Spoiler

There is a dutch saying:

"Living like a God in France" -- Julian Alaphilippe

Heart of Purity

Last edited by Reinhart on Apr 2, 2020, 12:51:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info