Trade Manifesto

"
ChacalrjBR wrote:
there is guild with 15 20 people price fixing a item.

Just ignore them, what's problem?
Implement https://runescape.wiki/w/Grand_Exchange https://youtu.be/a72HTfoWPIc and then reduce drop chance of everything across the board. Oh look, problem solved.

Ironically it will probably take them 10-20 years before they realize this themselves. Or not and people will continue with the awful system there is currently. At least it's not Diablo where there is basically no trading at all so it could always be worse I guess.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Congratulations you guys wrecked your own game out of spite.

Delusional post justifying why I have to sift through items on your website for half my Saturday morning only to get 0 replys from anyone and make 0 progress on my chracter.

GFY.
The existing trade system sucks. Simply put. It leaves room for people to machine gun trade (can you blame them?), because too many people put up items then simply ignore the requests to buy them. This is rampart in currency trading.....

Fix it by punishing both offenders. Machine gun buyers are put in timeout, and those who CONTINOUSLY ignore requests to buy items have all of their items removed from the market for a period of time (easily done cause you know who is afk, and who is not).

The excuse about most people NOT trading is about as lame as you can get....
Last edited by FurianXO on Jan 2, 2024, 1:01:38 AM
"
FurianXO wrote:
Fix it by punishing both offenders. Machine gun buyers are put in timeout, and those who CONTINOUSLY ignore requests to buy items have all of their items removed from the market for a period of time (easily done cause you know who is afk, and who is not).

Great to see a balanced, reasonable, and well thought-out solution to the issue...

You really can't think of a single way that this could backfire? You really think that punishing the users of the system for using it in the way it is designed is going to fix anything?

It would degrade performance for buyers no matter what, especially so if sellers are not properly culled - and how are you even going to do that, it's not a crime to not respond to a trade. Are you going to punish everyone because they don't want to lose their headhunter stacks to leave the map and take a trade? If sellers aren't delisted quickly enough then innocent buyers are gonna get muted, and if sellers are delisted too quickly (i.e. for minor amounts of non-responsiveness) then they're gonna get all their stuff delisted for basically zero reason. Do you want to incentivise 100% at-computer behaviour if you have anything for sale, because if you miss a trade you get all your stuff delisted?

And how is it going to tell if you are trying to buy a single item and people aren't responding , vs trying to buy a lot of items, vs trying to buy every item on the market? Where's the threshold between 'spamming too many people' and 'just buying from a lot of people'? These are the questions you need to have answers to before implementing such a system.

Please apply at least a tiny amount of critical thinking to your solutions before suggesting them.
Last edited by Xion__XIV on Jan 14, 2024, 5:33:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info