Trade Manifesto

Guild Wars started off as trade window.

Guild Wars 2 began their new trading post. Buy and sell 24/7.

Todays setup is only convinient for the trade bot owners market manipulators and definitely not the regular players. It should be adjusted.
Really hope we will get a trade system update with POE 2, would be a great addition to the game and would make it way less frustrating/time consuming to trade.
======================================================================
[][][][][][][][] "Steel for Humans, Silver for Monsters, Gold for the Witcher, Metal for us all Exiles." [][][][][][][][]
======================================================================
Last edited by ZemiAsuzoKing on Mar 24, 2020, 3:19:50 AM
"
Saevan wrote:
"
Saevan wrote:

Prior to this manifesto I enjoyed the game, but was annoyed with lack of a trading system. Now I am pissed off.

Will I come back for the next league ... maybe. Will I spend any more money ... no.

I posted this (and more) 2 years ago. Still playing, still not paying.

I only recently even saw this manifesto, and much like you said 2 years ago, I really love the game but find trading to be unusable, especially for someone with limited time to play.

Reading this, and especially the "reasons" for using this type of trade system that prove the only research the devs did into trade systems in games was looking at ONE game, D3, I'm beyond livid. In reality their manifesto could be boiled down to one sentence "We want to do this old school, so screw you all!".

The fact that their own manifesto admits that the vast majority of the player base don't use their trading system says all that needs to be said about its validity. So, like you, I'm closing my wallet for awhile. Luckily I didn't buy all of this years supporter packs yet. I doubt I can honestly say I won't spend any more money here, but, until this changes, It will be small amounts, not hundreds of dollars of supporter packs a year.
This thread should embarrass the devs. They gave silly and downright lazy reasoning with 65 pages of discussion telling them so.

There are hundreds of different ways trade could be improved and streamlined and any one of them would represent an improvement. Just because one game that isn't even that similar had problems doesn't mean the right thing to do is cry and give up.

Timers could be used, they could use item verification routines to track the source better, they could put upper or lower price limits, add a fee to use the automated process, even add a paid tab requirement.. Any of these would be better than giving up and leaving a large portion of the base annoyed and angry that nothing is being done year after year.

I like the new art for the Grand Sanctum pack but my wallet is closed until they start making sense on this topic.
That's a lot of talk, but trading IS easy, so I don't know what to tell you guys; "You failed!?"
oh got still no change to lab reward and lab ladder...

why ggg still not reworked or changed how lab leaderboard reward first place? whats point in jewel monopoly for same dude several league and ggg dont even care?
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
The whole thing is nonsensensical.

If the game needed trade, then why not build around it?

You say the current game would break with easy trade, so you make the players pay the cost by making trade annoying.

You are covering your own initial flaw by intentionally making the game more annoying, rather than going back and addressing the root cause.
"
trixxar wrote:
The whole thing is nonsensensical.

If the game needed trade, then why not build around it?

You say the current game would break with easy trade, so you make the players pay the cost by making trade annoying.

You are covering your own initial flaw by intentionally making the game more annoying, rather than going back and addressing the root cause.

The rabbit hole goes sooooooooo much deeper than that, the awful 1/billion drop rates of items all stem from their awful attempts at trade, so if nobody could trade it wouldn't make sense for some items like mirrors to be so rare people who played for 5 years haven't seen one yet...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info