Harbinger Content Integration

Make beachhead map a Zana random map and have the horizon and harbinger orbs drop exclusively in her map. This would keep them rare and might make it balanced. Better than talismans at least.
But i like Orb of Binding :(
This league has been the least interesting for me, together with Breach. I find nothing fun about these spawning mobs, that drop things which are so rare that even playing a whole season, won´t reward you with one shard or key...

That being said, I did use the orbs to alter my maps and gain sockets. That you remove them, but keep the annulment one that I never used is quite a surprise.

It is again a move to support power gamers, while casuals lose the only good thing that Harbinger had to offer. :(

I ask you kindly, to please go back to your roots and support the casuals gamers again. Right now, POE is in a not so good state for our kind. League stones were amazing, bring them back and please fix the Atlas.
Bad news :/ - I was really hoping for Harbinger to become a permanent part of the game.
I honestly do not see it being attractive at all, as a Zana mod.

Edit: It also made playing SSF even more fun.
Last edited by Wibber on Nov 2, 2017, 5:03:54 AM
horizons orb is nice cause the atlas can be verry boring when u have always the same map drop ... and is great for verry bad mod also u can change it instead of selling the map
so it would be in the core game.
Last edited by notblueone on Nov 2, 2017, 5:01:07 AM
-Engineer: Only used these on Diviners, most of the time too lazy to bother with even Cartographers or Arcanists. Meh.
-Binding: Think I used these a couple times at the beginning of the league. Meh.
-Ancient: I sold these because let's face it. Not getting that HeadHunter's.
-Annulment: These were fun to gamble with. Plenty of times where I thought "this would be good except for this one mod...". This will give that item a fighting chance now. Not worried about interaction with Eternal Orbs on Standard because 1) Not rich enough to play standard, 2) There can't STILL be a ton of Eternals floating around for it to matter.
- Horizon: Only used these so I didn't have to trade to balance out my Guardian maps and maybe a little early in the league to fill out Atlas. They were nice to have, but won't really be missed much.
- Harbinger: I don't have issues filling out the Atlas, so while it's nice to have, I can live with not having them. The one thing I'll miss will be the Beachhead map. Easiest leveling post-90 by far.
- Shards in general: Won't miss these. Especially the ones for old currency types (chaos/regal). Just give me the whole orb.

Concurring with most other people's opinions, Harbinger was a pretty bad league. The way the mobs spawned slowed clearspeed. You knew there was no chance for loot (best thing I ever got was 2x EX shard, but for the whole league I think I managed to make 2 EX out of shards). The only thing it did was crash the prices for Shaper uniques because Guardians were so cheap to run. Dying Sun back to 5 EX+ next league?
"
Qarl wrote:
Harbinger was released alongside 3.0.0 and was played by more people than any league we have made before.

With regards to Qarl's post, I would like to share the reason I started play Harbringer and maybe it could be the reason why this league was played by more poeple than any league before.

For me it had not something with the league itself to do. It was more a motivation the new content update 3.0 brough with.

I started playing POE with open beta. Hellyeah Open beta! I've still not made it to the real high end game 'cause I always had some trouble and was struggling to make a build good enough for high end bosses. Currency was a problem too. Since open beta I dropped only 3 exalted by myself while I heared from other people they farmed like more hundreds and I always asked myself, how can it be? I stopped playing POE many times and also thought to give it up completely. I always though something is missing in this game or something is not proper. And this was how it came for me to play POE one month and then stop for 3-4 months over and over again until content update 3.0

Finaly I watched a preview video of the new contents of the update 3.0 and the whole improvements with the game mechanics and the new story and act content and I thought, YES! Something completely new to start with. It was like the bing bang for me and my favorite improvement was the move mechanics of the cyclone skill, since my main character is a Cyclone marauder. This motivated me to start playing POE again. Once the new content was released, I started again and liked most of the content. I've run through the acts with my main char just to see the new environments, fought with the new Act bosses, new NPCs and some new quests provided skill and respec points. This was my motivation to raise a new character in league.

I did not care about what league it is. I just felt like it's worth start playing again. I though that's a nice opportunity to maintain my profile statistics, get some league challenges completed. I think many people started Harbringer league for similar reasons without taking in focus the league itself. I guess that the main reason of the increase of players was the content update 3.0. This is what increased the league statistics and the number of players.

I still sometimes think that something is missing in this game. I can't explain what. Maybe a better quest overview or some more fantastic environments or maybe a better skill gem overview or a regret orb that resets all passives at once? Or maybe is it the lack of listening to players and their wishes sometimes? I don't know.

I remember in the past I recommended in a thread to have the ilvl in the item overview and to have the number of the monsters remaining in the map information. No one ever replied or reviewed my recommendation, if it makes sense and my thread went deep down very fast. I don't even know if the staff take my recommendation into consideration for a later update. But exactly those ideas I expressed long time ago are now into the live game and I don't even know if it was my recommendation leaded to the change or if was someone's else or the staff? Nevermind...

I can only say that the new content was really the best what GGG brough out since POE exists... Oh and that my duelist in league kicks some asses. :)

Cheers
Honestly, Harbingers were a nuisance, and I don't want to pay to include them in a map in the future. That said, I really would like to see all of the orbs stick around. Ancients are really nice with flasks, engineers fill a notable hole, even if not many people used them. Horizon's and Harbingers feel like they fulfill an absolutely needed function. Bindings are the most question, because they're honestly just Alchs, but better.
It's good this league won't be in the core game. It's the worst I have seen while playing PoE for almost 3 years. I hope next content league will be better.
Remember, my friend, that the expectation leads to disappointment. So don't expect anything from anyone, even from yourself.
Horizons and Harbinger Orbs were a very nice add to the game... I can understand that GGG doesn't want T16 maps for 4c and starforge for 1ex, but it made the game much more enjoyable for me.

I hate bad map strikes and love to run high lvl content.

So next league you'll be forced to run a shaped brainless map or vault till nirvana... boring!

adapt starforge drops to the number of shaper runs done.

I'm stacked on annuls and very curious how rare they get, if you're aware about the impact on eternal crafting it might be rare... let's see :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info