[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

Thanks!

"
Shaper based armor (itlv 83+) can also get up to "15% Phys dmg taken as cold", and can potentially give you more life and resist.

I was thinking about that as well. But this crystal vault was my "Happy Connections" and it fits so perfectly with the cannot be frozen of the watcher's eye and increases arctic armor chills - well more of an emotional choice I guess :D

Thank you for the Hint with dancing dervish swap, i did not know that!
I used that belt merely as a placeholder with the goal to eventually replace it by a headhunter :P
Well - but I guess with weapon swap I should switch to a Stygian Vise...
Hi, one question, why my immortal call with cwdt does not stop my blood rage? I test many times, everytime immortal call triggers, my blood rage still on
"
hnlyhyb wrote:
Hi, one question, why my immortal call with cwdt does not stop my blood rage? I test many times, everytime immortal call triggers, my blood rage still on

Activate immortal call never stop the Blood Rage itself, it only "temporally" stop the "physical damage over time" from Blood Rage. The purpose of this is to activate Arakaali pantheon power: "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently".
This is genuinely one of the best guides on the forums in my opinion - it explains things simply but still in satisfying detail. Well done Drosophilia.

I'm level 72 and just started using my Starforge, and I'm loving it: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/iamjackthelad/characters?characterName=ReadySlayerTwo

I play HC and I'm looking for advice on what my priorities should be from here in terms of items and my tree; Tombfist, Belly, Aspect of the Spider, Elder + Shaper rings... there's a lot of options.
Last edited by iamjackthelad on Apr 26, 2018, 2:22:17 PM
"
iamjackthelad wrote:
This is genuinely one of the best guides on the forums in my opinion - it explains things simply but still in satisfying detail. Well done Drosophilia.

I'm level 72 and just started using my Starforge, and I'm loving it: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/iamjackthelad/characters?characterName=ReadySlayerTwo

I play HC and I'm looking for advice on what my priorities should be from here in terms of items and my tree; Tombfist, Belly, Aspect of the Spider, Elder + Shaper rings... there's a lot of options.

For tree:
Get Sword wheel -> Hematophagy-> Wrecking Ball -> VP -> all the 2 point jewel sockets

For Gear:

Flask-> Tombfist & belt -> jewels -> rings/boots

Aziri's promise do nothing since we use Brutality, can use a Writhing Jar for leech duration and dmg boost (from Band of legend) during boss fight. And with Jar you can cut 1 life flask(I don't like the warding life flask, since it lose the ward immediately after full life), warding Basalt or Stipnite is probably better (Though Basalt without good roll have only 1 usage).

Your body armor is actually very good(almost 170 flat life), it can easily be used through endgame if you don't lack resists, Belly probably only give you ~200HP more HP in the end, and lose the flat physdmg% reduction.

Tombfist come together with belt upgrade. If you have budget, I recommend get an elder belt with Life recovery rate and good life (80up or master life + %life mod), otherwise a decent rare Stygian Vise will do.

With Tombfist, you also have abyssal jewel to customize. Get high flat life as priority, then % blinding chance (at least 1 Murderous eye for Intimidate).

Get high atk speed% for normal jewels on passive tree, should be quite cheap to upgrade if you don't insist on good life roll.

Your rings are tricky to upgrade since a lot of resists (and some Int) are locked on your current pairs. The "Mark of the Elder" give no resist and stat, meaning that you have to get very lucky on the rolls of the Shaper ring to be able to use it. I think just 2 normal rings with life/atk speed/resists will be better for your setup, unless you can squeeze more resists from other slot.

For Aspect of the Spider, it can only be crafted on rare items with 1 suffix open, which in your case will be boot, rings and belt. Keep that in mind when you are buying (or crafting) the upgrades.

If you successfully get the Aspect, you can also consider using a Purity Aura if you have a Lv3 enlighten (Get sufficient unreserved mana for ~3 cyclone cast), which can release a lot of resistance pressure from your gears and also allowing you to use Purity watcher's eye (% Phys dmg taken as elemental) for extra safety in HC mapping.

Last edited by Drosophila on Apr 27, 2018, 1:38:17 AM
Awesome, thanks for the fast and detailed response. I've made a bunch of changes that you can see on my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/iamjackthelad/characters?characterName=ReadySlayerTwo

I feel a bit stupid about the Atziri's flask but I have now swapped my flasks out. I notice your PoB uses a Bubbling Hallowed life flask - is that deliberate because it's optimal somehow?

I've grabbed Tombfist and crafted a (not very good) life recovery% elder belt. The jewels in the Tombfist at the moment are just placeholders until I get better ones.

I bought some boots with Aspect of the Spider, which aren't as good as I thought since I can't put Leap Slam in them for a free link as Blood Magic on Aspect of the Spider is bad, and because I want to socket Enlighten in them as well as Blasphemy and Purity of Ice to get it on all three auras. I don't have Enlighten yet so I've dropped Vulnerability until I do. How do my sockets look?

Is it worth going for more resists on jewels so that I can e.g. swap to Elder + Shaper rings? I'm not sure how highly to value the damage rolls on jewels or what I should do next.
Last edited by iamjackthelad on Apr 26, 2018, 8:03:12 PM
"
iamjackthelad wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the fast and detailed response. I've made a bunch of changes that you can see on my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/iamjackthelad/characters?characterName=ReadySlayerTwo

I feel a bit stupid about the Atziri's flask but I have now swapped my flasks out. I notice your PoB uses a Bubbling Hallowed life flask - is that deliberate because it's optimal somehow?

I've grabbed Tombfist and crafted a (not very good) life recovery% elder belt. The jewels in the Tombfist at the moment are just placeholders until I get better ones.

I bought some boots with Aspect of the Spider, which aren't as good as I thought since I can't put Leap Slam in them for a free link as Blood Magic on Aspect of the Spider is bad, and because I want to socket Enlighten in them as well as Blasphemy and Purity of Ice to get it on all three auras. I don't have Enlighten yet so I've dropped Vulnerability until I do. How do my sockets look?

Is it worth going for more resists on jewels so that I can e.g. swap to Elder + Shaper rings? I'm not sure how highly to value the damage rolls on jewels or what I should do next.

I like Hallowed life flask because the HP recover/flask charge ratio is the highest, it's easy to refill the flask, but that's just me, many people like Divine/Eternal for other reasons.
Bubbling give instant recovery as well as duration recovery at a very fast rate, I think it's better than Seething.

I think your gear have too less flat life , since we get ~230% life% on tree in endgame, every 30 flat life on gears is translated to 100 total life in the end (30*(1+230%)).

Enlighten don't work on Aspect (POB is wrong). Sockets looks fine. You can't run 3 aura now because your level is too low, not enough base mana (And for me I would drop Aspect first, since Vulnerability is stronger on mapping unless map have curse reduction/immune mod).
If you feel your mana is too strict to use 3 aura, you can always use 2 points to get "Righteous Decree, which not only greatly increase your base mana, but also reduce the cost of cyclone per cast, should easily allow using 3 auras without other investment of mana on gear.

Atk speed% on jewels is very valuable for us, and I doubt that you can get enough resist from jewel alone to fill the gap from rings (you have ~150% resist locked on rings currently). So unless you can get more resist from other slot (Belt?), I don't recommend "Mark of the Elder" in your case.

I get a feeling that you want to directly rush to endgame setup too quick, you should go easy and steady on your gear upgrade, especially you are also on HC. Get more flat life on gear during leveling
is never wrong, those shouldn't be sacrificed for "optimal endgame setup" like Aspect or Life recovery rate%. (Since the build function well without any of those in the past)
Last edited by Drosophila on Apr 27, 2018, 1:28:46 AM
if you wanna use aspect of something you should get an impresence amulet. that'll allow you to use that easier.
"
Drosophila wrote:
I like Hallowed life flask because the HP recover/flask charge ratio is the highest, it's easy to refill the flask, but that's just me, many people like Divine/Eternal for other reasons.
Bubbling give instant recovery as well as duration recovery at a very fast rate, I think it's better than Seething.

I think your gear have too less flat life , since we get ~230% life% on tree in endgame, every 30 flat life on gears is translated to 100 total life in the end (30*(1+230%)).

Enlighten don't work on Aspect (POB is wrong). Sockets looks fine. You can't run 3 aura now because your level is too low, not enough base mana (And for me I would drop Aspect first, since Vulnerability is stronger on mapping unless map have curse reduction/immune mod).
If you feel your mana is too strict to use 3 aura, you can always use 2 points to get "Righteous Decree, which not only greatly increase your base mana, but also reduce the cost of cyclone per cast, should easily allow using 3 auras without other investment of mana on gear.

Atk speed% on jewels is very valuable for us, and I doubt that you can get enough resist from jewel alone to fill the gap from rings (you have ~150% resist locked on rings currently). So unless you can get more resist from other slot (Belt?), I don't recommend "Mark of the Elder" in your case.

I get a feeling that you want to directly rush to endgame setup too quick, you should go easy and steady on your gear upgrade, especially you are also on HC. Get more flat life on gear during leveling
is never wrong, those shouldn't be sacrificed for "optimal endgame setup" like Aspect or Life recovery rate%. (Since the build function well without any of those in the past)

That makes sense to me. For the time being I've swapped back to Haemophilia + Belt of the Deceiver until I can buy or craft a better %life recovery belt.

Is there a certain amount of life I should look for on boots/rings/belt? Is 70 good/enough?

"
kompaniet wrote:
if you wanna use aspect of something you should get an impresence amulet. that'll allow you to use that easier.

I've been thinking about that too, but the movement speed and range on Daresso's Salute feel hard to give up - not to mention the resists.
"
iamjackthelad wrote:

That makes sense to me. For the time being I've swapped back to Haemophilia + Belt of the Deceiver until I can buy or craft a better %life recovery belt.

Is there a certain amount of life I should look for on boots/rings/belt? Is 70 good/enough?

I normally aim for at least 7K life for endgame RT setup, but usually end-up with 7.5~8K life without Koam, and that's in SC.

70 is T1 life mod on rings, which is very good.
While for boots and belt is not, because even with just master life mod can reach to 64 on these slot.
For endgame boots, I usually end up with Hybrid life mod + master life mod, since many people are inexperienced at pricing, they actually forget about the existence of Hybrid life and tend to list it for very cheap price (they thought it is just boots with a crappy life mod).

For belt, a leather base (40 life) with master life is the lowest I would aim for endgame. A %life mod(Elder mod) + master life is also acceptable.

Also note that Strength is additional life (2 Str = 1 life) as well as dmg, if you have enough resistance budget to afford it, since Strength is suffix, which compete with resist mods.
Last edited by Drosophila on Apr 30, 2018, 4:31:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info