[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

"

Recently got a Xoph's Heart drop which I was able to trade for this, and I've started leveling the Scion variant of the build, mainly because the Sin and Innocence Armor set has a dope female model, but I'm going to attempt to document how it goes once I hit 67 and equip the Starforge.

If anyone is having issues with mana while leveling even after getting a leech node, I highly recommend using a Thief's Torment. I haven't even done any labs on my Scion yet, and I'm basically invincible due to the HP recovery on hit + how many times cyclone hits.

Here is my current Scion POB if you are interested, with quite some upgrade after farming some T17 for currency. (The link at the video section is a much more budget version) https://pastebin.com/qUw7swwL

I replace Haste with the "Aspect of Spider", which provide much more damage in boss fight (POB currently don't support the calculation of this), and the slow effect is very obvious in Taiwan server (in GGG sever the hinder effect is currently bugged by the latest patch).

And since "Aspect" only reserve 25% mana, I can run Purity of Ice, 1 Blasphemy and 1 Aspect with lv3 enlighten with still 100 mana remain for cyclone (also note that enlighten don't work on Aspect).
My next gear upgrade will probably be changing the Shaper armor into "15% Phys dmg taken as cold" version instead of Lightning, and get a Purity of Ice Watcher's eye so I will have very good phys damage mitigation.

Currently farming for T15 elder, so I can fight the uber elder.

A big difference between Scion/Slayer and Slayer is that Scion have no Overkill Leech, meaning that your leech duration will feel much shorter than Slayer during mapping, and don't have worm shenanigan.

The way to counter this is just by stacking leech% on the tree/gear and raise your damage (Leech duration= DamagePerHit*Leech%/[maxlife*0.02] ).
I'm currently using Carnage Heart, which provide almost 2% leech in one slot (BTW, Slayer don't need Carnage Heart at all), and with the damage of Starforge, I can achieve leech duration around 10 secs in boss fight, which is comfortable enough for me.
Last edited by Drosophila on Mar 19, 2018, 2:25:38 AM
"
emimax28 wrote:
Do you use the same tree when you upgrade to a Starforge, or do you change? If so, do you have a link to a Starforge tree?

It's almost the same as Kondo tree. The only difference is that Starforge don't have the 50%inc dmg against bleeding target, so in DPS scaling from jewels will tip a bit to dmg% (But not much, I still prioritize AS% anyway).

With Starforge as slayer, your damage will probably be good enough so you don't need Vitality Void for leech duration (and 3 points for 3% max leech rate is so-so for me), so I just drop those and get more life/dmg.

The bigger difference will probably be the gear, with Starforge the boots enchantment (10% shock) is very big if you're non-crit, and you can scale shock% and shock effectiveness from jewels as well.

Here is my Slayer POB at the end of last league: https://pastebin.com/WgwC8xNG

(Although the gears is very good that I can remain 7.1K life with Bronn's Lithe equipped, and 8K with Belly)
"
Drosophila wrote:
"
emimax28 wrote:
Do you use the same tree when you upgrade to a Starforge, or do you change? If so, do you have a link to a Starforge tree?

It's almost the same as Kondo tree. The only difference is that Starforge don't have the 50%inc dmg against bleeding target, so in DPS scaling from jewels will tip a bit to dmg% (But not much, I still prioritize AS% anyway).

With Starforge as slayer, your damage will probably be good enough so you don't need Vitality Void for leech duration (and 3 points for 3% max leech rate is so-so for me), so I just drop those and get more life/dmg.

The bigger difference will probably be the gear, with Starforge the boots enchantment (10% shock) is very big if you're non-crit, and you can scale shock% and shock effectiveness from jewels as well.

Here is my Slayer POB at the end of last league: https://pastebin.com/WgwC8xNG

(Although the gears is very good that I can remain 7.1K life with Bronn's Lithe equipped, and 8K with Belly)

Thanks! I'll try this tree when i buy my Starforge
Just beat Uber Elder on my first try in Taiwan server BSC, but wasting 5 portals since I was not familiar with the fight.
But overall, I would say this fight can be consistently done with this build once you are familiar enough with it.

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/1TiJW

The POB of my character when I done it: https://pastebin.com/4RxBRdyr (I'm playing Scion version this league)

Some tips to share for people who want to try it:

1. The Shaper is the real killer in this fight, he cast yellow ball faster, and the ball freeze a lot.

2. The Elder ice spikes looks terrifying, but they are jokes compared to shaper ball, focus on dodging the shaper ball instead, you should easily face tank ice spikes with slayer leech at this stage.

3. The leech duration is really important here, since there are some situation force you to dodge a lot, I respect some points to get Vitality void in this fight for more leech% as Scion, but Slayer should be fine, as long as you remember to refresh your worm killing every 25sec.

4. There are actually a lot of spawn in this fight, so Slayer 20% more dmg after killed recently should be almost always activated, so Slayer should do this fight better than Scion as non-crit build.

5. Try to lure the Shaper to cast beam/balls at other direction before you jump to cyclone the elder.

6. The vortex ground can still be ignored with non-stop leech and Purity of Ice.

7. Only the Shaper can be culled, the elder will only die when he drop to 0 HP. (But this fight should be over once Shpaer is down, so no big deal)
Last edited by Drosophila on Mar 20, 2018, 4:08:48 AM
Just finish my second run of Uber Elder, only one death this time, Video uploaded.
Excellent job on Uber Elder! Two quick questions for you - first, do you think you could kill the Uber Elder comfortably with the Slayer variant of this build? I just prefer that class for the flavor, but I know you said the bossing is worse.

And second, would you change things up to try Voidforge if it drops for you? I feel like that weapon is insanely broken for Cyclone.
"
Brentyfresh wrote:
Excellent job on Uber Elder! Two quick questions for you - first, do you think you could kill the Uber Elder comfortably with the Slayer variant of this build? I just prefer that class for the flavor, but I know you said the bossing is worse.

And second, would you change things up to try Voidforge if it drops for you? I feel like that weapon is insanely broken for Cyclone.

I think Slayer RT should be better than Scion RT Cyclone in this specific fight, since there are plenty of spawn inside, allowing Slayer to sustain the 20% more damage buff reliably.

I may try this fight again with my Slayer from last league (without any legacy gear), since I have also complete all 15 memory fragments in last league.

Haven't got Voidforge yet, but it scale very different from Starforge, the build that can use it will be very different from Starforge, you can't just switch weapon and expect it to work.

Voidforge should have much higher damage ceiling since it scale add-phys damage from gears very well, but I haven't give too much thought on this.
Just wanted to give a shout-out - thanks for the amazing guide, just beat Uber Elder with this build! Seeing your flasks in the POB pastebin was so helpful - having chill/freeze immunity makes the fight much more manageable.
If anyone is having trouble with this build, highly recomend taking cyclone as soon as you can and use a thief torment, it's great for leveling since thief torment provide huge mana + life on hit, and tornado hits constantly. The extra quantity and resists are also amazing, thief torment has great utility for this build untill you really gear up properly. Kudos for the build, enjoying it a lot.
"
Slithid wrote:
Started out on this build as the pure Slayer version, currently level 89, nothing has hindered me in my mapping progress besides the fact the game just keeps dropping me maps I've already done, no boss or situation has proved challenging yet. The fact we're reflect immune is such a huge QoL improvement.

Recently got a Xoph's Heart drop which I was able to trade for this, and I've started leveling the Scion variant of the build, mainly because the Sin and Innocence Armor set has a dope female model, but I'm going to attempt to document how it goes once I hit 67 and equip the Starforge.

If anyone is having issues with mana while leveling even after getting a leech node, I highly recommend using a Thief's Torment. I haven't even done any labs on my Scion yet, and I'm basically invincible due to the HP recovery on hit + how many times cyclone hits.

I just did a post saying the game thing, Thiefs has amazing synergy with cyclone because you can't be stunned so you end up always walking/hitting/healing life and mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info