[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

Make sense, thanks for the reply.
Hi.
Will you be updating the guide for 3.2?
It still seems viable to pick Slayer despite the ascendancy changes.
I think I will be following your guide as my starter this league. Cyclone seems fun.
"
NotSoap wrote:
Hi.
Will you be updating the guide for 3.2?
It still seems viable to pick Slayer despite the ascendancy changes.
I think I will be following your guide as my starter this league. Cyclone seems fun.

I will give some analyze once I saw the full patch note.
However, after seeing the new Ascendant revamp, I now think that Ascendant might have higher potential than Slayer, since she got her full "Slayer power"(non-stop leech and cull) at cruel lab, while slayer will require uber lab to get his full power. But this is just based on the current information.
im not sure if i did something wrong with pob but going from slayer to ascendant with slayer/raider was a huge dps lose in end game gear - maybe Drosophila or someone more experienced can correct me ? i dont see any reason to pick anything over slayer for this

an extra question - with the new 30%quality craft isnt disfavour straight up better than starforge for this league ?
"
R1n wrote:
im not sure if i did something wrong with pob but going from slayer to ascendant with slayer/raider was a huge dps lose in end game gear - maybe Drosophila or someone more experienced can correct me ? i dont see any reason to pick anything over slayer for this

an extra question - with the new 30%quality craft isnt disfavour straight up better than starforge for this league ?

It depend on how you set the condition of your pob.
The DPS in pob is only really matter in the case against bosses, since trash clearing nowadays have almost no DPS requirement if you know what are you doing.

In single target condition against most endgame bosses, ascendant(Slaye/Raider) can still reliably keep up max Frenzy and Onslaught, while Slayer can't (at least not really reliable). The benefit from Slayer would be the on-kill 20% more damage from killing the worms of Writhing Jar, but that is restricted by the flask charge. But if your damage is really high enough that can finish-off the fight before you use up all the flask, then the damage out-put of Slayer would still be a little higher(Since slayer still have better cull).

And yeah, the 30% quality Disfavor look pretty juicy (pdps up to ~663), very comparable to Starforge (pdps up to 723).
But for pure physical setup (with Brutality) I still think Starforge will be better since it have 100 hp and shock. However you can reach higher DPS with Disfavor if you don't use Brutality, but with Hatred/HoA, Flasks and gears that scale elemental damage (or even some ele-penetration), but that's beyond the scale of this guide (since this is more focus as league starter build).
Last edited by Drosophila on Mar 1, 2018, 11:35:35 AM
Did the slayer revamp even change anything? I only saw that stun immunity was moved to another passive but since we are cyclone we are stun immune anyway.

"
Neflak wrote:
Just wanted to leave some feedback about the build guide. I appreciate the effort you put into it knowing that you aren't English first language, and it was still a very solid guide. As mentioned by many others it worked out well for me, if you wanted to polish it off anymore you could just break down the skill tree a bit more in the leveling section so as to get a better feel for what should be prioritized, that would help new people, but I imagine most of us vets have a good idea. Only played with the build for a week or two late in this league, but once it got rolling with 5L Kondo, and even just a 4L warchief it didn't much matter. Mapping and bossing was a breeze, I didn't get to take on the end game bosses with the build, but those are primarily just knowing mechanics and avoiding when IT is proc'd.

Nice guide and thanks again, hopefully they don't change Slayer to much, so we can use it for upcoming league!

One thing I did notice, as I am reflecting, was I did not find a high need for vaal ball lightning trap, and could easily see swapping this out for something else in the CwDT combo. I am sure it has its uses, but for the most part you need to be mobile in a lot of the technical fights.

vaal light trap is great against the hardest endgame bosses.
Last edited by kompaniet on Mar 1, 2018, 2:32:27 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
Did the slayer revamp even change anything? I only saw that stun immunity was moved to another passive but since we are cyclone we are stun immune anyway.

For the most part, nothing changed for this build, since you are immune to stun during cyclone.

However the leveling process for all Slayer become worse, the two key features of Slayers (culling and non-stop leech) are now locked behind 4 points, you would require uber lab to get them both. And since they are the most important part of the Slayer, GGG basically eliminate the other two minor branches of Slayer as the choice for player (Despite they even buff those). I really hate this "revamp" even if it doesn't impact this build much.
Last edited by Drosophila on Mar 1, 2018, 3:35:24 PM
yes i agree.
did you consider other ascendancy classes yet? perhaps berserker?
you didn't include bandits in the guide as far as i can see. i think kraityn is the best for 6% attack speed and movement speed.
Last edited by kompaniet on Mar 2, 2018, 3:33:05 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
yes i agree.
you didn't include bandits in the guide as far as i can see. i think kraityn is the best for 6% attack speed and movement speed.

I'm a sucker for non-stop leech as melee class, so only Slayer or Scion/Slayer for me mostly :)

In general I always kill all bandits, 2 passive equal to 1 jewel slot until you are over Lv.90.
And you can get much more from a 3 affix jewel than any bandit. (Only the witch can give you more if you go crit).
Last edited by Drosophila on Mar 3, 2018, 3:57:28 AM
"
Drosophila wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
yes i agree.

I'm a sucker for non-stop leech as melee class, so only Slayer or Scion/Slayer for me mostly :)

In general I always kill all bandits, 2 passive equal to 1 jewel slot until you are over Lv.90.
And you can get much more from a 3 affix jewel than any bandit. (Only the witch can give you more if you go crit).

depends how you look at it. there is no movement speed to be had from jewels. maybe i just value movement speed more than you. it's kinda nice to have super speed in addition to leap slam. that's why i went with warped timepiece also.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info