[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

If you push the boss into a corner it's fine.
Welp I relevelled this build and ripped again to Detonate Dead... now at level 86. I was wearing Haemophilia this time with 70% bleed chance so I wasn't scared of DD and didn't expect to ever die from it(last time I died at 91 to DD), but it still happened... so mad about it.
"
decayedCell wrote:
Welp I relevelled this build and ripped again to Detonate Dead... now at level 86. I was wearing Haemophilia this time with 70% bleed chance so I wasn't scared of DD and didn't expect to ever die from it(last time I died at 91 to DD), but it still happened... so mad about it.

BibleThump :(

Probably some mobs are killed by the corpse exploding dmg before you proc bleed on them (so their corpse will still remain).

Also the corpses of Bosses can't be exploded by player (Don't understand the reason of this design, since the DD totems in maps denote them readily and kill thousands of unlucky exiles)
Last edited by Drosophila on Jan 22, 2018, 12:58:17 AM
i had scrapted this build to play an mf char ot farm currency , now that i have i came back to this and finished with this

any tips welcome as this will be my char to finish challenges and league , im looking to level up and get more jewels - any other mistake i made we can fix? what to look on gear upgrades from now on ?

PS:ancestral protector gives me more dps on pob than warchief ? is there any reason we pick warchief then ?

also what about blade of cunning ? it needs us to drop 5 points but it gives more dmg than any jewel i can find , or even 3 points for By the blade is still dps increase instead of 1 jewel , using op's pastebin .
Last edited by R1n on Jan 25, 2018, 2:13:02 AM
"
R1n wrote:
i had scrapted this build to play an mf char ot farm currency , now that i have i came back to this and finished with this

any tips welcome as this will be my char to finish challenges and league , im looking to level up and get more jewels - any other mistake i made we can fix? what to look on gear upgrades from now on ?

PS:ancestral protector gives me more dps on pob than warchief ? is there any reason we pick warchief then ?

also what about blade of cunning ? it needs us to drop 5 points but it gives more dmg than any jewel i can find , or even 3 points for By the blade is still dps increase instead of 1 jewel , using op's pastebin .

You should be able to do all the content in the game comfortably with your current gears.

For upgrade, you should easily get more resists from the belt (but high Strength as one suffix is also very good). By getting those resists from belt, you should be able to replace one ring with Coral or Steel base, you can even consider Unset Rings since it would allow you to use Tombfist with
2 sockets, which give 1 additional abyssal jewel to optimize your character.

Any further up-gradation will probably cost you a lot, since it would require shaper/elder base rare items to make significantly improvement compare to your current gears.

Ancestral protector would give your cyclone more dps (~3% more compare to war-chief), but protector is single target only, so if the boss have adds (EX: Minotaur, Phoenix), it would distract the totem, while Warchief can AOE boss and adds together.
Also since you have the shock enchantment on boots, you should be able to shock even T16 with ruthless blow from the bloodlust totem. The effectiveness of the shock is depend on DPH(dmg per hit) rather than DPS, so you want your totem to hit harder to get higher shock effect to boost your dmg out-put. And Warchief have higher DPH than Protector.

Finally, you should evaluate the effect of any passive from "DPS per points" rather than "total DPS". The "DPS per points" from By the Blade is higher than Blade of Cunning, but a well rolled 4 affix jewel at 3 points will still beats By the Blade. So get By the Blade first if you have no good 4 affix jewels.

Last edited by Drosophila on Jan 25, 2018, 4:12:13 AM
"
Drosophila wrote:
"
R1n wrote:

You should be able to do all the content in the game comfortably with your current gears.

For upgrade, you should easily get more resists from the belt (but high Strength as one suffix is also very good). By getting those resists from belt, you should be able to replace one ring with Coral or Steel base, you can even consider Unset Rings since it would allow you to use Tombfist with
2 sockets, which give 1 additional abyssal jewel to optimize your character.

Any further up-gradation will probably cost you a lot, since it would require shaper/elder base rare items to make significantly improvement compare to your current gears.

Ancestral protector would give your cyclone more dps (~3% more compare to war-chief), but protector is single target only, so if the boss have adds (EX: Minotaur, Phoenix), it would distract the totem, while Warchief can AOE boss and adds together.
Also since you have the shock enchantment on boots, you should be able to shock even T16 with ruthless blow from the bloodlust totem. The effectiveness of the shock is depend on DPH(dmg per hit) rather than DPS, so you want your totem to hit harder to get higher shock effect to boost your dmg out-put. And Warchief have higher DPH than Protector.

Finally, you should evaluate the effect of any passive from "DPS per points" rather than "total DPS". The "DPS per points" from By the Blade is higher than Blade of Cunning, but a well rolled 4 affix jewel at 3 points will still beats By the Blade. So get By the Blade first if you have no good 4 affix jewels.

wow this was really hepful , actually about the trees i considered exacly what u just said and thought to my self that this tree is really efficient , im still new and learning but slowly i begin to understand more about your decisions etc, loved the build ! propably my favorite so far in poe :)
thanks for the fun exile!
"
R1n wrote:
isnt it bad that lions roar knockbacks bosses out of totem range ? any workaround ? or just dont pop it on bosses?

some bosses can't be knocked back.

Important Note:

Currently the Vaal Pact is bugged. By picking up Vaal Pact will make "increase life recovery rate" no longer interact with your Leech, which means that Arakkali Pantheon is worthless if you use Vaal Pact.
For details, plz see my reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7tffot/arakaali_no_longer_work_on_slayer_leech_anymore/

I also suspect this bug actually appear very early in the league, because I didn't feel my leech was significantly faster than last league even with Vaal Pact.

With this bug still remain, taking VP would only give you at most 58% max leech rate, but also sacrifice the regen.
While without VP, it would give you 29*1.5(Arakaali)=43.5% at most. But you still have normal regen, and with other source of "increase life recovery rate" (EX: wather's eye jewel and Elder belt), it would actually beats Vaal Pact in life recovery speed for slayer.

TLDR:
1. If you prefer to use VP, don't use Arakaali, use other pantheon until the bug is fixed.
2. If you have other "increase life recovery rate" modifier, then ditch VP and use Arakaali.
This is the most beginner (and budget) friendly guide I've seen. Thank you!
do u kill all bandits or keep one alive ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info