[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

I started the league with this build. It went pretty well until I was unable to sustain maps higher than t8 :( I think I suck at the game, because I don't know why this happened! (If anyone could give me some map sustain tips I'd appreciate it, although not the point of the post).

I made a few other chars and then came back to this one. It's really good but I only have a 5L and Kondo's. Although most of the time I'm at full health, if I'm doing highish tier maps (Say t13) sometimes I just get one shot out of nowhere! Even though I'm leeching! I have around 5.8k life. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
"
m0onknight wrote:
I started the league with this build. It went pretty well until I was unable to sustain maps higher than t8 :( I think I suck at the game, because I don't know why this happened! (If anyone could give me some map sustain tips I'd appreciate it, although not the point of the post).

I made a few other chars and then came back to this one. It's really good but I only have a 5L and Kondo's. Although most of the time I'm at full health, if I'm doing highish tier maps (Say t13) sometimes I just get one shot out of nowhere! Even though I'm leeching! I have around 5.8k life. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Yeah oneshots are problem since we dont have any real defence beside hp pool. Only i feel really safe after +8k. When i go kaom+bm its become 10k which is really nice :D
"
m0onknight wrote:

There's been a lot of discussion from hardcore old players that map drops got nerfed this league and it's a very disliked change so I'm not sure what tips to give, as long as you have over 100% atlas and you shape it right if you want a specific map to farm all the time, it should work for lower tiers but I'm not sure about higher if the nerfs are true.

And about the 2nd problem, I highest I managed to do before dying in Hardcore was t11 and I had 0 problems, didn't manage to get higher drops as I was trying to take it slowly as it was my league starter too. Try to reroll maps (scouring+alchemy) to not have a lot of damage rolls (like crit + extra damage) and make sure you have anti-curse flasks if there's elemental weakness/vulnerability. Also good movement is very very important. Don't ever backtrack your movement while cycloning and killing mobs. If there's mobs behind try to move in a different way back to them(especially around abysses), don't backtrack from where you came.

Good luck.
Last edited by decayedCell on Jan 4, 2018, 3:37:05 PM
After I got lv 93 and bought a 6l starforge decided to give guardians and shaper a try. Killed all guardians except phoenix deathless and managed to kill shaper for the first time ever with 4 deaths (And I dropped a Starforge woo). They were all preventable deaths tho. I blame my inexperience with shaper and guardians for those (and I forgot to switch to Purity of Ice sitting in my inventory). Probably could be done with a Kondo's around lv90. My next goal will be Uber Atziri.

I used this character as my league starter and it was pretty easy to make it work. However Devoto's, Carnage Heart and Lion's Roar were pretty expensive at league start. Kondo's was pretty cheap tho so you could easily farm low tier maps for the items I mentioned. Haemophila is pretty great for map clear. I recently started using it and it makes regular map clear much easier. I use a Tombfist for tougher enemies. Here are my items I used to kill Shaper:

I want to buy some luxury items such as The Retch, Daresso's Salute and Belly of the Beast. Do you think that I would benefit from those? Thank you again for this awesome build guide.
"
Caunoss wrote:
After I got lv 93 and bought a 6l starforge decided to give guardians and shaper a try. Killed all guardians except phoenix deathless and managed to kill shaper for the first time ever with 4 deaths (And I dropped a Starforge woo). They were all preventable deaths tho. I blame my inexperience with shaper and guardians for those (and I forgot to switch to Purity of Ice sitting in my inventory). Probably could be done with a Kondo's around lv90. My next goal will be Uber Atziri.

I want to buy some luxury items such as The Retch, Daresso's Salute and Belly of the Beast. Do you think that I would benefit from those? Thank you again for this awesome build guide.

It seems that you already bought all these luxury items LUL.
If you have any amount of mana leech on rings or jewels, you could try removing the points in Vitality Void since dmg with Starforge can sustain a long enough leech duration (and 52% max leech for me is good enough).
Also you can try to get the "10% to feeze/shock/ignite if not crit. recently" lab enchant on boots, it work very well when mapping as well (allow you to finish off tough rare mobs very quickly).

I just update my video section and link my current POB inside, you can take that as references (Although I don't have all these luxury items).
"
m0onknight wrote:

Using "Bloodline" Zana mods on the highest level map you have can help sustaining map pretty well.
Since Blue mobs inherently drop +1 level maps and have high bonus on their dropping rate (it's probably the best Zana mods beside Breach).
Just be careful that some of the Bloodline are dangerous (Ex: Heralds of the Obelisk if there is straggler that you can't deal with immediately)

Also switch to Grace instead of Haste for dangerous map mods if your gear is not good enough to one-shot all the trash. Evasion is highly underrated by most people. Evasion is not "random" in POE, if a mob have 50% chance to hit you, it will always hit once and miss once, allowing you to leech back-up during the miss phase, and critical hit require accuracy/evasion check as well, so high evasion combine with blind can almost negate the chance to be crit by attack. Just remember that you still need enough life to survive the hit.
Last edited by Drosophila on Jan 5, 2018, 5:19:39 AM
Hello, awsome build!

How would you go about the "disfavour vs starforge" debate for this build?

If I run an auramancer alongside of my friend who will play this build, is it more favourable to have atziri's disfavour since I can give him the elemental offensive auras (hatred, wrath, anger);

If I play my LL RF guardian with mainly defensive auras along side of my friend, will it be better for him to choose starforge?

Any other concerns?
Got my Slayer to 89 tonight. Still feels great playing this guy. Although, I'm still in pretty low level maps. I'm on level 7 (yellow) maps right now.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I should craft my maps (mainly doing 6-8 right now). Just alc and go? Or should I be adding the beyond mod to them? (Zana is level 6).

I'm putzing around on a couple of other low level characters, but I keep coming back to this one cause it feels great to play.
"
UchihaVegeta wrote:
Hello, awsome build!

How would you go about the "disfavour vs starforge" debate for this build?

If I run an auramancer alongside of my friend who will play this build, is it more favourable to have atziri's disfavour since I can give him the elemental offensive auras (hatred, wrath, anger);

If I play my LL RF guardian with mainly defensive auras along side of my friend, will it be better for him to choose starforge?

Any other concerns?

More damage, +90-100 hp. I dont think there is competition
Did anyone compare the Items Daressos Salute with Impressence (Physical) and running grace/haste/vuln?

How about damage/survability?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info