[3.3] League starter, pure physical Slayer Cyclone (Do Shaper with Kondo/ ISC UberElder down)

"
enigma7767 wrote:
So i am loving this build. I have only played for about a month or so, and decided to run this in the flashback. The character is Imaspina.

I know my passives went a different path then others so i am doing some things tonight to bring them more inline with what i see in this thread, but for some reasons i still feel like i get randomly deleted at times, and not sure why. My resistances are are 76/77/73 (yeah lightning is slightly short) but its not lightning damage that is killing me at times. I am going to to try to clean up my passives and remove the evasion to armor passive, i just can't figure out what else is wrong. I know my life is a bit low but i am only just barely in yellow maps at this point. Is it just the lack of HP that is kicking my ass?

Thanks and awesome build.

1. Have you get the Arakaali Pantheon upgrade from Arachnoxia Boss in Toxic Sewer Map? It boost your life leech recovery by 50% (both leech rate & Max leech rate) during emergency (Whenever CwDt proc IC to stop DOT from BloodRage). Also I suggest you reduce the CwDt level a bit at early stage, so it proc more often for you (and I personally prefer manually cast BloodRage)

2. I believe you don't need the excess "mana leech" nodes on passive. Mana leech rate is normally at 2% of you max mana "per hit", which should be more than enough for cyclone because cyclone hit multiple time per cast. If you really find lacking mana at times, increasing unreserved mana pool or reducing mana cost is much more effective (Which you can take "Righteous Decree"). I usually keep my mana pool to Cyclone cost ratio at about 3~4 (which means that I can at least cast 3 cyclone without hitting anything in a row).

3. Your lightning resist can be solved with just a simple Bless Orb rolling on your ring.

4. One thing I found very important for survival in mapping is "Curse Warding Flask". Even without curse map mod, many mobs in map can still inflict curse on your character. Most curses are actually quite deadly: Vulnerability or eleweakness that drop you below resist cap is a straight up Dmg multiplier, Temporal chain make you hard to dodge big attack as cyclone and even Enfeeble is dangerous since it reduce your leech duration and prolong a dangerous fight. You should drop the unique sulfur flask because it do almost nothing for you (and is even detrimental if you haven't take VP). I would suggest taking a Warding Stibnite Flask instead (since you don't have blind abyssal jewel yet). Stibnite Flask is the cheapest flask to maintain the "curse immunity" (with 3 usage and only 10 charge per usage). Blinding is very strong since it cause any mob to straight up miss 50% of their attacks. Also critical strike chance from attack is directly affected by accuracy (true for both exile and mob) , blind status also reduce their chance to crit by 50%.

5. The most vulnerable state of Slayer is before he stack up his leech. You can consider getting a Writing Jar to replace 1 life flask, and kill worms before dangerous engagement. The leech event from worm killing last very very long since Slayer ascendancy give you 20% Overkill dmg as leech. And after uberlab, Writing Jar can also be used like DPS flask to get on kill dmg buff as slayer during bossing.

Last edited by Drosophila on May 9, 2018, 2:13:27 PM
1. Yes i have that. I have not figured out all the complexities with CWDT+Blood Rage+IC, ill lower the overall levels a bit to see if i can get CWDT up more often.

2. The mana leech passives i have cause i needed them early on and i think i just got spoiled with them, ill try removing them and see if that helps.

3. Will do, like i said im still kind of new and don't understand Blessed Orbs well.

4. That makes a ton of sense, and ill try to get ahold of those flasks ASAP.

Thanks for the help. Not to be needy but do you see something other than flasks that i am desperately missing? Im still lower on C (only 20ish) and trying to set goals for myself.
"
enigma7767 wrote:

Thanks for the help. Not to be needy but do you see something other than flasks that i am desperately missing? Im still lower on C (only 20ish) and trying to set goals for myself.

Nothing is desperately missed at this stage, only the overall quality on your rare gear is still poor.

The best upgrade I can think of for you now is a 6L Astral plate from divine card, though those things in race league are usually more expensive ("The Celestial Justicar" right now is ~20C, so total cost is ~120C).

For short-term goal, I think you can get a 1 socket Tombfist + a T2 life Murderous Eye jewel + 100up total life/80up total resist Leather belt on market right now within 20c budget, which should improve quite a bit on your survival and give you more resist budget for upgrading other slot. This upgrade
also remove the resist requirement on Glove slot, allow you to use Haemophilia glove for fast mapping mode if you desire, just remember to use Tombfist for harder content.

Last edited by Drosophila on May 10, 2018, 1:42:19 PM
anyone got any tips on farming "The Celestial Justicar"

I've ran the crpyt (act 7) quite a few times now with no luck...
"
hocknose wrote:
anyone got any tips on farming "The Celestial Justicar"

I've ran the crpyt (act 7) quite a few times now with no luck...

Don't waste your time on that region.

1. Item drop penalty start to appear when your character have higher level than the region.
The penalty is calculated as: 2.5% * [(Character level)-(Monster level +2)], when negative value it become 0 (no "bonus" effect when you do map with low level character). Also your character level is never considered to be higher than 68.
Crypt(act 7) is level 51 region, and your character is 79(which become 68 in calculation), means that you receive 37.5% less loot as penalty.

2. Non-map region have no quantity/density bonus from map mod, which is very inefficient for target farming divination card (unless you are a BOT LUL).

"The Celestial Justicar" is also drop at T10 "Cursed Crypt" map. But this card is still quite rare to drop, so don't expect to farm it easily.

Last edited by Drosophila on May 10, 2018, 1:43:06 PM
Level 75. Got all eternal trials done but not yet the lab.

One question for anyone who might know: Is the bleed dps displayed in path of building for one "stack" of bleed or all possible eight since we have crimson dance?
Last edited by kompaniet on May 10, 2018, 4:56:46 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:

One question for anyone who might know: Is the bleed dps displayed in path of building for one "stack" of bleed or all possible eight since we have crimson dance?

It display only one stack. The bleed damage for cyclone is almost gone after the nerf of Ruthless support in 3.1. But you can still think Crimson Dance as 1 point to get 6~10% more dmg against strong boss, not too shabby if you are not starved of passive points.

For your current build, if you want to take Crimson Dance, you should also get the 25% chance to bleed node in the mace cluster. Otherwise you will have hard time to get full stack of bleed on Boss even with Cyclone. Because Vulnerability have 60% less effect for them, which only give you 8% bleed chance without quality.
Last edited by Drosophila on May 10, 2018, 5:45:54 AM
"
Drosophila wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

It display only one stack. The bleed damage for cyclone is almost gone after the nerf of Ruthless support in 3.1. But you can still think Crimson Dance as 1 point to get 6~10% more dmg against strong boss, not too shabby if you are not starved of passive points.

For your current build, if you want to take Crimson Dance, you should also get the 25% chance to bleed node in the mace cluster. Otherwise you will have hard time to get full stack of bleed on Boss even with Cyclone. Because Vulnerability have 60% less effect for them, which only give you 8% bleed chance without quality.

Yes i have postponed taking those two passives near Bloody bludgeon (I assume you mean those?) until i actually start using Crimson dance.

What do you think about Kongor mace Drosphilia?

I can't decide what i prefer between Kongor and Kondo.
You save a passive point with Kongor (Resolute technique) and gearing is easier with the built in 15-20 all res. Onslaught on crit is pretty useful vs bosses.

The only thing i don't like is that there is no weapon to upgrade to. Swords have Starforge and axes have Disfavour. Maces have nothing. I don't know what Ggg was thinking here.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 10, 2018, 12:10:28 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Drosophila wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Yes i have postponed taking those two passives near Bloody bludgeon (I assume you mean those?) until i actually start using Crimson dance.

What do you think about Kongor mace Drosphilia?

I can't decide what i prefer between Kongor and Kondo.
You save a passive point with Kongor (Resolute technique) and gearing is easier with the built in 15-20 all res. Onslaught on crit is pretty useful vs bosses.

The only thing i don't like is that there is no weapon to upgrade to. Swords have Starforge and axes have Disfavour. Maces have nothing. I don't know what Ggg was thinking here.

Kongor is very good, its polarized damage make bleed stronger (Bleed stack prioritize the highest instance) and since the damage of Kongor is all Added, the 30 Quality recipe from Beast crafting benefit it a lot.
However the mace passive is very lacking on attack speed scaling compare to sword, you should get more AS% from jewel or other place to compensate.
End game weapon upgrading is not a problem since you can just respec 1 weapon cluster for another, no extra points needed for travel. The problem is only on your jewel, since weapon specific affix give the highest value (EX: mace/sword/axe can get 8% AS, and 2H only get 6%). So maybe don't spend too much on your jewel if you are planing to upgrade weapon into different type, or only use jewel that benefit all types of weapon at first (though those are usually more expensive and weaker).
Last edited by Drosophila on May 10, 2018, 1:46:18 PM
Good point about jewels. I have indeed one of those. I had to get it as it was listed for 1 chaos very early in flashback.

Kondo also has +1 range via the sword cluster passives (another advantage other than attack speed) but Kongor has Bloody bludgeon notable that is on the main path.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 10, 2018, 2:57:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info