Harbinger League Statistics

Feels pretty neat to be a part of some of these big numbers glad this league was a good one
"
I do wonder if there's another hidden reason why hideout play percent is as high as it is, beyond simply decorating and afk.

My hideout is where I typically clear out my stash after days of tossing stuff in there without knowing what it is because I don't want to take the time to think about it when I'm in the mood for killing. Then I spend an awful lot of time clearing out old stuff when I'd prefer to be getting new stuff. Actually, real life is sort of like that for me too, I guess.

Obviously not everyone has this problem, but this has been enough of a drag on my progress that I have considered some niceties that would go a long way towards getting me out of my hideout and back into Wraeclast.

1. Sorting functionality.
Since I just toss stuff in there haphazardly, comparing items can be time consuming. For example if I want to compare all the belts I recently got to determine which ones are worth keeping, it involves moving all belts from my stash to my inventory and then back from my inventory to an empty tab, and then comparing them. It would save loads of time if I could just pull up a list of all my belts.

2. Organizing functionality.
I like the whole paper doll thing quite a bit in managing what to lug back home, but when I have dozens of tabs filled with stuff I just ctrl clicked into the box as fast as possible, a lot of space is loss to fragmentation. When I don't want to take the time to appraise stuff, this then forces me to either be more disciplined about how I put things in there (which I have yet to come up with a method I'll stick to when I'm getting fatigued) or to play inventory tetris to reorganize everything by hand. I've many times wished for a button that will just solve the knapsack problem for me.

3. Ctrl clicking places items horizontally rather than vertically.
There's a lot more variation in how tall items are than in how wide they are, so stacking things from top to bottom makes a lot more gaps than stacking things from left to right. Also, your inventory is wider than it is tall, so you don't need to keep the row width in mind as often as the row height. It would be nice if there was at least an option for this in the interface menu.

4. Selling stuff directly from the stash.
Even when I have my stash right next to the merchant in the hideout (which is why I typically sell from my hideout) there's still a certain extra overhead in constantly transferring gear from the stash to personal inventory and then from the personal inventory to the merchant inventory. I understand this may undermine the feel of selling stuff out of your bag, but I think I could live with the loss of immersion in exchange for the time this feature would save me.

5. Merchants remember quality excess.
I do a lot of mental math when selling quality items trying to get them to add up to exactly 40, which slows down the process. If the merchant just kept the excess of quality and added it to future transactions, I wouldn't have to think so much about it.

Anyway, just a few suggestions that would allow pack rats such as myself to spend less time organizing and more time playing.

I completely agree. I have 20 normal tabs, only for throw stuff in. And one day clear out.
I filter them through, first essences. Then I go through all of my 20 tabs and get the essences. Put them in the right tab. Currency, uniques, maps, jewels, normal/magic (chrome and jeweller). After that the main equipment is still there. And thats where the real pains begins. You cant just say glove oder hand and have every stuff for that slot. Nope, you have 3 types of gloves...

Also the selling directly would be awesome. I always put like 9 items in my inventory, goes to him and sell. That walking and go away from stash took so much time. Specially, since your stash don't save your filter.

And to look, what it could be worth on the market is the last and biggest pain.

I hope for a QoL some day
"
vio wrote:
--

About perandus trove it's pure RnG, found 5 in around 200 perandus maps ( far from the 300+ estimations ), some others players just never found it ( far from the 300+ estimations either :D ).

Same thing than unique box in Prophecy league at all, got 39/40 in two weeks, took me an entire additional month to find it back in time ( with 4 to 6 hours playtime per days ), at this point i wasn't even happy to get 40/40 and just uninstalled the game for few months.

RnG is awesome when it's about finding items etc ... it's just fine really, but when this is about something like challenges, when you enjoy doing them not for MTX only but also because it had something refreshing to the core game and motivating, it's really disapointing to end in this kind of situations.

You got talented peoples at GGG's office, i'm pretty sure you will find a way to balance challenges a bit more, and find some non RNG dependant ones in the futur.

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Oct 17, 2017, 2:31:57 AM
Zones where most time was spent:
"
Towns 9.75%
Hideouts 33.30%

Path of chill out.

Percentage AFK players in that zones?!
Towns: 85%
Hideout:90%
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 17, 2017, 2:35:56 AM
Great to see these statistics, as always. If I may, I feel the Challenge graph would be better if the y-axis were labeled, and scaled not according to the "1 Challenge" but the 2nd highest challenge. Many of the less often completed challenges are hard to read.
Thanks nice to see stats.
Next time please stop the pure RNG challenges :>
"The Harbinger Challenge League has been running for 10 weeks now and we're very happy with how engaged players have been so far."

How can it be possible ....????????

are they so ashamed to be so bad faith ? are they blind ? or maybe,yes,they are realy happy the way POE is running now....in that case , it sound like 3.1 will be as crappy as 3.0 ....
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Last edited by xxxcobaltxxx on Oct 17, 2017, 3:10:35 AM
Gonna do 36, then I am done. The RNG challenges broke my spirit. At this point they are just painful and deterring me. Grim Dawn expansion is way more fun currently than login in at the 0.00001% chance of completing them on my own.
"
Smootise wrote:
Shaped Spider Forest count as a T6 I suppose ?

That's the impression I'm getting, given the odd slumps for T7 (Shaped Beach/Oasis) and T11 (Shaped Spider Forest/Racecourse) have. Those would make sense if a sizable portion of maps of those tiers were shaped, disproportionate to the other tiers.

"
10M maps in the last week two months into the league? God damn. How many are opened the first and second weeks of a new league?

I'd estimate probably four times as many, given that the player count is down approximately 75% vs. the first couple weeks or so.

Of course, while a lot of players would be stuck in earlier parts of the game, it'd be balanced out by the most advanced players doing all their hyper-grinding then, before disappearing entirely from the league.

"
With nine more Guardian kills I'll be one of those 40/40s. The Beachhead maps and Uber Lab clears took god-damned forever. I ain't never running Uber Lab again except once per character. I don't care how "profitable" it is with all its recent buffs. It's still so tedious and boring. :\

Unless you're doing it SSF, Atziri's actually a far, FAR quicker route for the endgame grind. Done as split rotations, all 100 kills could be racked up in maybe 3-5 hours... And my experience has shown it CAN be profitable...
(and I also used a set for the challenge that I'd farmed, too... So TWO Hopes)

"
CommAshen wrote:
I really wish the rewards weren't so god awful though, especially seeing the rewards from other leagues like Legacy League. I wish I played then instead of now.

Agreed, these rewards are the lamest set to have been produced so far.

"
MBata wrote:
How does these stats help you make a better game?

You must track the stats for a specific reason...
...what is the utility?

ANY sort of decision-making is helped by having relevant data. It's kind of one of the basic principles of science.

And in game development, it's actually a very basic subject; if you want to know how to make a game that others are playing better, you have to know how others are playing the game. As GGG can't afford infinite serious-level playtest time, the next best thing is to watch and measure how players are playing the game.

In a simpler example: if they notice, for instance, that players using a certain skill are basically never dying and are achieving very high clear speeds (e.g, their EXP/hr averages 9 digits no matter what) then it's a pretty clear sign that skill is overpowered, and needs a nerf before EVERYONE plays that and nothing else.

In terms of map progression, looking for spots where the play rate suddenly takes a plunge is a good way to measure where players hit a wall; this was demonstrated pre-Atlas, for instance, noting a sudden plunge after T8/9, indicating where the current system made map drops unsustainable. Atlas managed to largely do away with that sort of wall (the sustain question was shifted from having maps of a preferred tier to having a specific preferred map) making the game generally less frustrating.

Less frustrating = players play longer, find and push against more challenging content = the game does better.

"
Heli0nix wrote:
1/3 playtime in hideout ? does it include afk status or not ?

I'd say it probably has to. That's probably a majority of my own playtime...

I suspect, more technically, that their method of measuring "playtime" MIGHT just be an aggregate lifetime of instances, which would be easier to track than actual play position, since it's take advantage of already existing data mesurements without needing new ones... As any player can see when they ctrl+click a non-map instance, the server DOES track when an instance is created, and tracks when it's to be deleted; measuring instance lifetime would just be a matter of saving the creation and deletion times whenever an instance is deleted... Which might be something the servers already do for debugging purposes anyhow.

"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
2) Harder boss fights, and 0 rewards. Bosses doesnt drop anything

That's very much the truth... And that HP buff just shows how much GGG missed the point. They claimed it was to make them "more like the T16 guardians," but forgot that there's an explicit REASON to fight those: you need them to farm shaper fragments, which are a guaranteed drop.

Normal map bosses have no specific drops, and just drop off of the same generic loot table as the trash mob packs. We're years past the era of "Dominus farming" as rares no longer have any plausible chance to be worth anything, (3.0's addition of further garbage affixes just makes it even worse) so instead it's just a matter of speed-clearing, which has only gotten worse. There's no way any of the bosses' generic drop table can hope to match clearing 3 breaches in a map and portaling out.

I'd already predicted this well in advance of 3.0 coming out: we were going to see the introduction of the "boss skip" meta, which appears to have fully come true. If GGG wants this to be different, bosses need to have a reward that reasonably matches the time and effort required. I'd already given suggestions before it even came out; e.g, make bosses worth >10% of a map's entire EXP offering, or even perhaps add special drop weighting (e.g, 100+ times as likely to drop divination cards as ordinary mobs, rather than basically no more likely) that'd make boss farming as reasonable as slaughtering the rest of the map with a single click.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
"The Harbinger Challenge League has been running for 10 weeks now and we're very happy with how engaged players have been so far."

How can it be possible ....????????

are they so ashamed to be so bad faith ? are they blind ? or maybe,yes,they are realy happy the way POE is running now....in that case , it sound like 3.1 will be as crappy as 3.0 ....

+1. THe player drop off is makes me laugh so much. POE will die in 2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info