Harbinger League Statistics

"
RosyPalm wrote:
I think the percentage of players reaching 36 challenges would be significantly higher if Harbinger league challenge rewards hadn't been designed by a 5 year old with a blue crayon. Just sayin'.

Indeed, I stopped playing a month ago, no shits given about hitting 36 (or even 33 really).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
AzZinothAesiR wrote:
36 Challenge is very hard for casual player. GGG should reconsider

No, they really shouldn't. Getting into the last few challenges should be hard and people are not entitled to completion of them.

Getting 36 this league is extremely easy, it’s that’s not worth considering poor MTXes. I completely stopped to care after reaching 12 and still got to 31. I could get to 36 in two evenings but I don’t care as MTX is awful and I don’t want to see it in my stash.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Oct 17, 2017, 2:25:44 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
AzZinothAesiR wrote:
36 Challenge is very hard for casual player. GGG should reconsider

No, they really shouldn't. Getting into the last few challenges should be hard and people are not entitled to completion of them.

Getting 36 this league s extremally easy, it’s that’s not worth considering poor MTXes. I completely stopped to care after reaching 12 and still got to 31. I could get to 36 in two evenings but I don’t care as MTX is awful and I don’t want to see it in my stash.

I suppose if you had read the post literally right above yours you'd see I agree as to motivation and the quality of the mtxes.

However, people need to recognize that what is easy for them is not necessarily easy for others.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I do wonder if there's another hidden reason why hideout play percent is as high as it is, beyond simply decorating and afk.

My hideout is where I typically clear out my stash after days of tossing stuff in there without knowing what it is because I don't want to take the time to think about it when I'm in the mood for killing. Then I spend an awful lot of time clearing out old stuff when I'd prefer to be getting new stuff. Actually, real life is sort of like that for me too, I guess.

Obviously not everyone has this problem, but this has been enough of a drag on my progress that I have considered some niceties that would go a long way towards getting me out of my hideout and back into Wraeclast.

1. Sorting functionality.
Since I just toss stuff in there haphazardly, comparing items can be time consuming. For example if I want to compare all the belts I recently got to determine which ones are worth keeping, it involves moving all belts from my stash to my inventory and then back from my inventory to an empty tab, and then comparing them. It would save loads of time if I could just pull up a list of all my belts.

2. Organizing functionality.
I like the whole paper doll thing quite a bit in managing what to lug back home, but when I have dozens of tabs filled with stuff I just ctrl clicked into the box as fast as possible, a lot of space is loss to fragmentation. When I don't want to take the time to appraise stuff, this then forces me to either be more disciplined about how I put things in there (which I have yet to come up with a method I'll stick to when I'm getting fatigued) or to play inventory tetris to reorganize everything by hand. I've many times wished for a button that will just solve the knapsack problem for me.

3. Ctrl clicking places items horizontally rather than vertically.
There's a lot more variation in how tall items are than in how wide they are, so stacking things from top to bottom makes a lot more gaps than stacking things from left to right. Also, your inventory is wider than it is tall, so you don't need to keep the row width in mind as often as the row height. It would be nice if there was at least an option for this in the interface menu.

4. Selling stuff directly from the stash.
Even when I have my stash right next to the merchant in the hideout (which is why I typically sell from my hideout) there's still a certain extra overhead in constantly transferring gear from the stash to personal inventory and then from the personal inventory to the merchant inventory. I understand this may undermine the feel of selling stuff out of your bag, but I think I could live with the loss of immersion in exchange for the time this feature would save me.

5. Merchants remember quality excess.
I do a lot of mental math when selling quality items trying to get them to add up to exactly 40, which slows down the process. If the merchant just kept the excess of quality and added it to future transactions, I wouldn't have to think so much about it.

Anyway, just a few suggestions that would allow pack rats such as myself to spend less time organizing and more time playing.
wow. i thought harbinger orbs more increase the average map level run. how would that statistics be without them?

seems like the decision to either level up or do 10+ maps goes in favour of more xp in many cases. increased boss health means you're likely get hit more often. not doing bosses in red maps is basically wasting them.

overal, harbinger was fun so far but it's getting a bit stale right now. i do around 6 maps and dailies each day as i only have few time and the game's rewarding events like breaches, cartos and arcanists are scaled for people playing 12h and more each day.

zana is mid level 7 so although i have chaos orbs i can't buy the fun stuff. had some tries at perandus but it doesn't seem worth it, xp and reward wise. there are too few chase uniques left which are worth buying at cadiro and according to other people the perandus trove has a chance of 300+ maps to spawn.

not really complaining, it's a grinding game and with more time at my hands it would really be fun.

i did uber lab for 2 days which was really exciting but you have to wait for a good layout for it to be worth it. and you can't trade while running it, missing out alot of potential income. and i'm too lazy to setup a second trading account and run it in a vm.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
neat
necro necro necro necro
Doesn't look like many people went for challenges this league...
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"

3. Ctrl clicking places items horizontally rather than vertically.
There's a lot more variation in how tall items are than in how wide they are, so stacking things from top to bottom makes a lot more gaps than stacking things from left to right. Also, your inventory is wider than it is tall, so you don't need to keep the row width in mind as often as the row height. It would be nice if there was at least an option for this in the interface menu.

+1

Would really love to see this also! I do this manually as my stash tabs look much better this way.

"
AC1984 wrote:
Seems like most people are quitting after T6 maps. Kinda sad considering you can make a build that does red maps with ~ 20 chaos. My motivation for this league has been low. I played hard the first 2 to 3 weeks and then quit.

I usually stop after hitting T6 or T10 and roll a new char. For me it's when the grind phase starts and Im not intrested in that at all. The builds usualy can do red maps without any major problem, Im just not intrested....

And as a consequence hitting 24 challenges are a bit of a problem since anything above 22-23 requires doing T10+ stuff.

/back to my 7:th char this legaue
Stats r Sexy :-)

Get your abacus and slide rules (or .xml files) out and get crazy with da numba crunchin!
Great Builds [3.1] Used By Me or Guild Mates:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995010
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250/page/1
Check out Engineering Eternity on YT - no B.S. right to the point reference videos, and more! Good Stuff...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info