Content Update 3.0.2 Patch Notes

"
teldara wrote:
"
Wait so does that mean we can no longer add mobs to the Desecrate spawn table by getting them from a lower level area?

The spectres scale up. So you can just go to your desired spectre area in say Act 6 and Act 10. You no longer have to get your low level spectres and go to a high level map to desecrate spam until you get your desired spectre to that map's level.

It's a HUGE quality of change that 99% benifits all spectre players and not a nerf at all. The only 1% nerf is you can't suicide bomb your spectres and resummon them in the same map without having to leave the map to go back to the zone they spawn in (i.e. Halls of the Grandmaster)

Oh wow, this is amazing!
When you add Polish? :(
"
teldara wrote:
"
Wait so does that mean we can no longer add mobs to the Desecrate spawn table by getting them from a lower level area?

The spectres scale up. So you can just go to your desired spectre area in say Act 6 and Act 10. You no longer have to get your low level spectres and go to a high level map to desecrate spam until you get your desired spectre to that map's level.

It's a HUGE quality of change that 99% benifits all spectre players and not a nerf at all. The only 1% nerf is you can't suicide bomb your spectres and resummon them in the same map without having to leave the map to go back to the zone they spawn in (i.e. Halls of the Grandmaster)

That's wrong, though.
Last edited by LaplaceNoMa on Oct 11, 2017, 8:28:52 PM
Cool bananas.

The spectre changes have been sorely needed for years.

I hope this patch also un-breaks asynchronisity and/or garbage collection issues with 3.0.1e. The constant stuttering (300ms or more) is triggering dynamic resolution and really detracting from fluid gameplay. Thank god I'm not playing HC this league.
Yum Gibbs!
"
"
teldara wrote:
"

Oh wow, this is amazing!

He doesn't understand what he's talking about. Spectres don't scale up. If anything, this patch completely breaks most spectre builds, since now you can't get the spectres you want in T16/T17 versions due to desecrate bug being fixed.
Now, I've been saying that persitent spectres is a nice QoL but won't do much unless you guys fix the scaling issues which forces us to get spectres via a bug from higher tiers.

"
"Spectres no longer have their level reduced to the level of the area they are in. Instead, the level of a Spectre is now based on the lowest of either the level of the monster they were raised from, or the maximum level allowed by the skill gem used. This is now indicated on the skill gem."

THIS... "...the LOWEST of either the level of the monster they were raised from, or the maximum level allowed by the skill gem used."

This means that even if the lvl of the spectre limitation is higher on the gem rather than the campaign area lvls we will still be forced to get spectres from higher tier maps and since the bug no longer works due to the desecrate fix. This means that for example Solar Guards will force summoner players to purchase high tier maps rolled with the mod "Solar Fanatics" to get ourselves properly lvld spectres to handle the higher tier maps. Not to mention that if they die which does happen even if it's rare. Or if you screw up your gems or attributes in anyway making one or more or even all spectres die will force you to repeat this process making the actual fix completely useless....?

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Last edited by Ghazzy on Oct 11, 2017, 8:32:33 PM
"
teldara wrote:
"

Hey looking at their exact wording

Spectres no longer have their level reduced to the level of the area they are in. Instead, the level of a Spectre is now based on the lowest of either the level of the monster they were raised from, or the maximum level allowed by the skill gem used. This is now indicated on the skill gem.

Makes me doubt what you've said - looks like we'll be stuck with whatever spawns in the guardian maps naturally to me, unless we use specific map modifiers

(I really hope it's like you say, otherwise this patch might brick my necro :/ )
"
teldara wrote:
"

Yeah I think you read that wrong, "Spectres no longer have their level reduced to the level of the area they are in. Instead, the level of a Spectre is now based on the lowest of either the level of the monster they were raised from, or the maximum level allowed by the skill gem used."

It's the lowest of either the the zone you raised them from (so raising from act6 or act10 would be rip) or the maximum level allowed by the skill gem used, either way its the lowest level between the two.
Very nice!!!
The Holy Bible
"
Desecrate can now only create monsters that are in the instance it is used in. In areas where no monsters have spawned, a specific desecrate table is used. This fixes a longstanding bug with the desecration list that had further problems introduced due to persistent spectres.

This is a catastrophic blow to specter builds. It makes it a lot more tedious to actually get the specters we want. Sure they're persistent, but if they die it's just outright awful to get them back. I really hope GGG re-considers this part of the change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info