wow nice!
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
"
Garfin wrote:
"
Desecrate
In 3.0.2, we fixed a bug where Desecrate would choose from any possible monster that could spawn in the current area including those that you had as Spectres, but noting that it could not spawn monsters that could never spawn in that area (such as non-map monsters). This was especially confusing due to the fact that there are some monsters that share the same name between their campaign and map versions but are technically different monster types.

The reason why we fixed this was because it was very confusing as to why some monsters could be created with Desecrate if you had them as a Spectre, but others could not be (depending on what area you were in). There wasn't an internal list, it was just due to the unclear way Desecrate worked. We received a lot of complaints in 3.0.0 about how confusing Desecrate's behaviour was, due to the fact that 3.0.0 contained a lot of monsters that shared names between campaign and map versions while technically being different monster types.

The fix to this in yesterday's 3.0.2 update was to make Desecrate work how it was intended to work originally, where it summons monsters from the actual area you're currently in.

Community feedback has shown us that players found the prior behaviour very important, so we are explicitly changing the formal behaviour of Desecrate to: "Desecrates the ground, summoning corpses and dealing chaos damage to all enemies in the area. The corpses will be chosen from the monsters in the current area and any Spectres that have existed in this instance."

We expect to release this change early next week. Thanks for your feedback.

This is a buff.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
maps3
Last edited by Chris on Oct 13, 2017 2:54:19 AM
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2017 9:07:41 AM

Posted by Completed 3 ChallengesChris
on Oct 13, 2017 2:51:27 AMGrinding Gear Games
Quote this Post Private Message

Here we go.
Thanks!

Absolutely beautiful. Now, ladies and gentlemen, it has 'improvement' written all over it.

Thanks for listening, GGG.

<3
I'm still not happy enough with summoner updates. I could use a different set of specters for different situations (I can't do 99 luck-runs in high lvl maps to find that red-book mob to rise before my one and only planned 20-30min run just b/c I do not have a weapon to fight, my minions are my weapon, it's ridiculous), which is possible only if I could have em. Maybe something like specter zoo in hideout, caught them and they are mine. And full summoned minion info is necessary too.
"
Naedingur wrote:
"
Garfin wrote:
"
Desecrate
In 3.0.2, we fixed a bug where Desecrate would choose from any possible monster that could spawn in the current area including those that you had as Spectres, but noting that it could not spawn monsters that could never spawn in that area (such as non-map monsters). This was especially confusing due to the fact that there are some monsters that share the same name between their campaign and map versions but are technically different monster types.

The reason why we fixed this was because it was very confusing as to why some monsters could be created with Desecrate if you had them as a Spectre, but others could not be (depending on what area you were in). There wasn't an internal list, it was just due to the unclear way Desecrate worked. We received a lot of complaints in 3.0.0 about how confusing Desecrate's behaviour was, due to the fact that 3.0.0 contained a lot of monsters that shared names between campaign and map versions while technically being different monster types.

The fix to this in yesterday's 3.0.2 update was to make Desecrate work how it was intended to work originally, where it summons monsters from the actual area you're currently in.

Community feedback has shown us that players found the prior behaviour very important, so we are explicitly changing the formal behaviour of Desecrate to: "Desecrates the ground, summoning corpses and dealing chaos damage to all enemies in the area. The corpses will be chosen from the monsters in the current area and any Spectres that have existed in this instance."

This is a buff.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
maps3

Here we go.
Thanks!

Absolutely beautiful. Now, ladies and gentlemen, it has 'improvement' written all over it.

Thanks for listening, GGG.

<3

Thanks a lot,GGG.
Great... now i have to log in disable my auras restore mana then summon golems, restore mana again then reactivate auras.
"
Victini wrote:
Great... now i have to log in disable my auras restore mana then summon golems, restore mana again then reactivate auras.

I'm surprised you are the first I've seen bring this up. Annoying isn't it.

I guess the Devs don't play aura builds that leave less mana than some active skills require.
That's amazing.. They fixed nothing actually meaningful.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Victini wrote:

I'm surprised you are the first I've seen bring this up. Annoying isn't it.

I guess the Devs don't play aura builds that leave less mana than some active skills require.

Or, here's a thought, the 1% of people inconvenienced by that are just going to have to deal since the other 99% were inconvenienced by the way it was.

An optional toggle wouldn't be a bad thing, but try to see beyond yourselves.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Thank you GGG, awesome patch!

In act 10 town, is Navali still covered by portal? I reported this sometime ago, suggested she be relocated to avoid the overlap with portal graphics.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Garfin wrote:
"
Desecrate

This is a buff.
maps3

Here we go.
Thanks!

Thank you for providing the information above, and the possibility of a reasonable solution. While it has been a long two days, I really appreciate the fact GGG has acknowledged this and is working to make it better. That really means a lot.

A bit of constructive criticism: please acknowledge sooner (not fix), but at least let us know that you are looking into it. I would have liked to seen a forum post to the community, and I am hoping the message above is legit.

Please continue to include the community for future changes. I read all of the manifesto posts pre 3.0 regarding poison, bleed, ES, etc, and there was a tremendous amount of discussion and detail regarding the changes and the need for them. I felt that most player understood and agreed with the changes. The desecrate change came out of nowhere and really caught people off guard. At over 200 hours and well over 1000 chaos invested in my build, it was a tough day. Especially when we were all expecting a convenience buff. I was fortunate to have a T16 Solar Fanatic map, and get my Spectres right away. I have also been lucky not to lose one. It felt like HC to me for my minions (I don't play HC because I suck, kudos to those who do).

If/when this come to be, I will continue support on my end and purchase a juicy supporter pack. I look forward to the patch.

Best Regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info