Who is balancing this game? Lmao

"
sidtherat wrote:
THE problem with POE's balance is 'we do not balance mid-leagues'

this creates state when if they fail (and they do) to design something properly, people have 3 or 6 or 9 months to abuse something that is clearly a f..up

the problem is, balancing midgame gives a disadvantage to those who are already disadvantaged because they somehow missed the league's start.

the only fair option would be to reset the league or take away the benefits from those who profited from the imbalance so far. both not feasible although they already temp banned those who exploited bugs.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 11, 2017, 11:23:53 AM
I think sunder is in a good place right now, and I'd much rather see them buff heavy strike than nerf sunder.

Like, maybe approach the issue from the other side for once? Heavy strike, ground slam, and sweep are all bad skills now and nobody uses them. Rather than see sunder brought down to the level of these 'bad' skills and see everyone move to the next best skill, I'd much rather see these other skills brought up to par with sunder so you have more options to pick from.

Nerfing sunder would result in the same issue that occurred when they nerfed ES. Everyone just went to life, not because life was better but because it was the next 'best' option to deal with these crazy strong monsters in the game and prevent 1-shot because of losing VPs interaction with ES.

You bring down sunder, it won't make the game more fun and it will just piss people off because they need to use the next best thing which I guess is going to be something like cleave, lacerate, or whatever then next patch people will complain why does cleave/lacerate do more damage than heavy strike? Nerf cleave and lacerate please.
fair? games somehow manage to do patches that change players 'power' frequently and do quite fine. it is not a regulated government backed tournament contest. it is just a video game - im sure it wont fail when few days after patch deploys we get a list of 'immediate fixes'

early enough in the league to not 'ruin everyone' (not that that many care about that 'race thing' tbh - and people who do will manage anyway)

things like glacial cascade damage boost (too strong), sunder multiplier (a typo most likely), items like Lycosidae that pretty much made RT irrelevant and made crit builds even stronger (seriously, why?)

all these are simple fixes that keep the game in check. it is the same principle as with raising offsprings - you let them live their own way when they are young for too long and you get some type of socially dysfunct human being.

feedback should be instant or almost-instant. otherwise it is worthless. fixing broken stuff after people got used to it solves nothing really. it sets a new benchmark that everything else is compared.

how well it ends when you measure 'legit' things with 'broken' units you can see yourself: check any double dip video of 2.6
sunder in the good place? sunder is THE BEST skill out there and by a long shot. game worked ok without it - so it is not that the other skills are bad inherently. it is the sunder that is an outlier that sets a new 'normal'. with double the damage of pretty much every other melee skill no doubt that players who want 'power' will use it

noone used it pre-buff because it dealt low damage compared to lacerate.

power creep you want. game is still recovering from the last round of uncontested power creep, i doubt ggg will do the same major f..up twice.

balance and diversity can be achieved when skills have similar power BUT different use cases or play styles. currently you can play interesting build that deals low damage and is 'unviable' or play meta stuff that deals 2-3times the damage for no f.. reason other than 'because it does'

this KILLS diversity because even the most hip and casual players cannot stand playing at 40% power. so it is 'sunder' this, 'sunder' that etc
You nerf sunder down to 90 DE, then I guarantee every build will use cleave/lacerate. Are you going to post here next patch asking for cleave/lacerate to get nerfed too?
no, why? you would get several skills that have similar damage level AND different 'fluff' - AOE shape, scaling options etc

right now you have THE BEST and THE REST. and the 'best' one is clearly a mistake. so you want to fix one mistake or alter entire game to match the mistake? for me the choice is obvious but it seems there are other opinions
Remember when people used to actually have fortitude? I miss those days, instead we now have a bunch of sensitive snowflakes who cry a river anytime you don't coddle and praise them. If you do a shit job then any rational person is going to call you out on it especially if you're always trying to dig into people's wallets.

Just look at their handling of some of the issues with the console version, which we all know was a shameless cashgrab anyway.

"Oh our servers are hot garbage and everyone is suffering from random disconnects, forget fixing that let's make new MTX and throw an advertisement for it on the login screen along with a random intrusive unremovable popup ingame."

"Oh our poor coding caused the trade board to eat your items and/or currency well that's too bad but hey have you heard about our 6 new MTX items!"

"Massive lag spikes since we're too cheap to reinvest any of the money we've basicly scammed from people over the years into improving our servers, that sucks but guess what son there's no lag in the MTX shop!"

The only other company I've seen show such a lack of care about their playerbase, outside of their wallets of course, is Perfect World.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
sidtherat wrote:
sunder in the good place? sunder is THE BEST skill out there and by a long shot. game worked ok without it - so it is not that the other skills are bad inherently. it is the sunder that is an outlier that sets a new 'normal'. with double the damage of pretty much every other melee skill no doubt that players who want 'power' will use it

noone used it pre-buff because it dealt low damage compared to lacerate.

power creep you want. game is still recovering from the last round of uncontested power creep, i doubt ggg will do the same major f..up twice.

balance and diversity can be achieved when skills have similar power BUT different use cases or play styles. currently you can play interesting build that deals low damage and is 'unviable' or play meta stuff that deals 2-3times the damage for no f.. reason other than 'because it does'

this KILLS diversity because even the most hip and casual players cannot stand playing at 40% power. so it is 'sunder' this, 'sunder' that etc

Before Sunder, there was Earthquake. When Earthquake was nerfed too hard and Sunder was buffed a bit, players start using Sunder because it became better than overnerfed Earthquake (i should note, Sunder is unaffected by AoE nerfs.
And before Earthquake, there was.... Nothing. Melee AoE skills for 2-handers were so bad (Sweep, cleave, etc), that no one cared playing them. Well, maybe with an exception of Cyclone...

So yes, i'd say Sunder is not that powerful compared to other meta ranged skills, summon builds, totems, etc.
But it's retardedly OP compared to most other melee skills, which means that those skills are BS.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 11, 2017, 1:39:28 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

And before Earthquake, there was.... Nothing.

reave and vaal reave?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
satanttin wrote:
"
Because they deserve too if their gear is cable of it? The fuck is the point of an ARPG if they can't do that.

Loot?

Loot is pointless if it doesn't make you fucking do that.

It's done in every ARPG

D1
D2 + LoD
Titan + Exp
Dogshit Doo doo D3
Grimdawn even
etc
etc

All of them do that people wanna feel strong THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT OF AN ARP FUCKING G to collect loot to make you into a god.

Not a hard concept there.

this.

butt it shouldn't be op without op gear tbh xd and some builds are.
so balance still isn't there tho.

Problem is, how they balance that without making non-broken builds that use such skills get grounded?
Like mine lol... which is very good, great clearspeed, but no such deletion.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info