Who is balancing this game? Lmao

"
Xavderion wrote:
Really makes you think about GGG's forum policy

I agree, this is inexcusable, the forum team needs a replacement.

Spoiler
The way I see it, the whole thing is probably a result of forum policies not being defined clearly enough from the get go, they kinda evolved (or devolved) over time. Though it can be hard to know in advance if something is going to become a problem while your community is still forming so it's understandable.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 11, 2017, 5:21:51 AM
"
Slizzered wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

Thats called miners? If you think GC is the only skill miners delete bosses with you've never played a miner, it should be noted that if you could precast 12 spells and didn't require cast speed in any way pretty much any skill rapes bosses if the scaling options are good.

This is not anything like BF/Barrage which are fundamentally broken compared to other skills, BF is something like 330% damage effectively while also being psuedo ranged and aoe (190~ ish for heavy strike) barrage is 240 but gets 120 from a helm enchant, 60 from a quiver etc its a massive difference between the meta skills and everything else.

Yep let's just ignore the fact that the changes to GC were what made it broken and instead go off rambling about other shit in an attempt to distract from the fact that you know very little about GC.

Yes i've only played a GC character every league since they put it in clearly know nothing about it, it got a significant buff in the form of being supportable by non-trash auras primarily HoA/Hatred apart from that its pretty much the same as before.

If you think its gone from trash tier to OP your issue is you think it was trash tier, you can sub in bladefall in practically any GC miner and you'll get the same results, its almost like bladefall miner was a thing.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Oct 11, 2017, 6:18:02 AM
add PoE Balance - i see problem in balancing through multipliers. Taking into consideration pre and post double dipping state, 3.0 attempted to align build performance a bit in which it succeeded. There are some left overs which provide too big of a multiplier which in combination with base dmg and additive dmg boosts in endgame. I expect lots of changes in 3.1 considering gem levels and native skill multipliers in some areas.

Regarding balance, i see bigger problem in rework of the Area of Effect which now does not act as multiplicative bonus making lots of previously viable skills excel at least in area coverage with big investment. I hope this will be addressed.

For Example , Kinetic Blast got hit by nerf hammer at least 3 times in past 3 versions
- Area of Effect nerf
- Pierce Frostwall bugfix/nerf
- double dipping removal

yet at the same time it's one of the most versatile skills and wanders became very popular.
In KB example i see problem in range - to be able to hit stuff 2 screens over and blast through maps without problem (especially with reflect immunity which can be achieved through items / paragon / class selection)

But it could break early game for certain build or leveling paths.
Balance can never be achieved fully. Current state is just lesser evil.

Btw, poE is the most mechanical ARPG i know. with lack of enrage, on most encounters it does notmatter how big is your dmg if you can surive, making the content accessible to everyone. But it's not meta approach, people become too dumbfounded of speed.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
add PoE Balance - i see problem in balancing through multipliers.

That's a fair point.
But then we are back to the balance team, to ask them why they began to actively promote "more" multipliers by skills and supports, if they can't handle the process.
Patch notes of every new league begin with promotions of new multiplicative bonuses.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Chris personally asked me to stop

Which should probably tell you you weren't exactly going about it in a particularly productive or useful way. Don't wear your failure and the fact that the boss of GGG asked you to stop being a pest to his employees like it's a badge of honour.

edit: added a few words so that sidtherat understands what was otherwise perfectly clear, or at least can take his misguided snark elsewhere.

Lol im always constructive
Just insistant about it

I just believe that you are always accountable of the job you do

You get a salary and nobody is paid to fail
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
raics wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Really makes you think about GGG's forum policy

I agree, this is inexcusable, the forum team needs a replacement.

Spoiler
The way I see it, the whole thing is probably a result of forum policies not being defined clearly enough from the get go, they kinda evolved (or devolved) over time. Though it can be hard to know in advance if something is going to become a problem while your community is still forming so it's understandable.

well they tried having a hard hand with bex which resulted in the majority of old timers moving to reddit never looking back, the developers themselves moving to reddit and discord and the losing bunch of nerds here acknowledging the probation tag as a badge of honour.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
well they tried having a hard hand with bex which resulted in the majority of old timers moving to reddit never looking back, the developers themselves moving to reddit and discord and the losing bunch of nerds here acknowledging the probation tag as a badge of honour.

Might have been one of those chicken and egg situations too. What I was saying is that cracking down doesn't work as an afterthought, you either do it from the start or not at all. It isn't the fault of the forum team nor is something they can decide on their own, just in case it wasn't obvious, it usually comes from higher up.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
offtopic
"
raics wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Might have been one of those chicken and egg situations too. What I was saying is that cracking down doesn't work as an afterthought, you either do it from the start or not at all. It isn't the fault of the forum team nor is something they can decide on their own, just in case it wasn't obvious, it usually comes from higher up.

you're right of course. and i'm not blaming them. typical new zealanders, ggg ever relied on people's common sense and good will. i can't see either why that fails sometimes.

maybe that a often frustrating game naturally produces frustrated players? it's best then to have the community manager joking around on reddit. not. except one sees charan as inofficial cm.. :-)

edit: cause it's obviously misunderstood already, calling new zealanders idealistic is actually meant as a compliment and not an insult.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 11, 2017, 11:02:34 AM
Your comments generalizing NZ citizens is both ignorant and off topic. Can you do us all a favor and stop posting these stupid comments and try to stay on topic?

BTW, I'm a US citizen, but [Removed by Support] talking in a balance thread about 'Typical New Zealanders' is really ironic [Removed by Support]

Anyway, regarding the balance... I agree balance is off. Making these wide sweeping changes rather than small tweaks is bad. They should revise the approach to 'balancing' the game. The way I see it, the balance team is more like a demolitions team. They see where people are gathering as a popular spot (meta builds), and go over to blow up the buildings so people can't go there anymore. They do it under the motivation of wishing to see people hang out in other spots. Like, it's bad for other businesses if everyone only goes to 1 spot because they like it the most or it's 'the best' figuratively speaking.

However, people are not going to these other spots because you designed good incentives and made it a fun choice. They are going because you literally blew up the place and there is nowhere else to go. Most people are pissed, some will go anyway because they love the product/service so much they'll take a worse version of it, while others will just quit and stop spending their money thinking of how much better it was before.
Last edited by Al_GGG on Oct 11, 2017, 10:54:09 AM
THE problem with POE's balance is 'we do not balance mid-leagues'

this creates state when if they fail (and they do) to design something properly, people have 3 or 6 or 9 months to abuse something that is clearly a f..up

we all do f..ups, but if one is not fixed quickly it becomes a problem. problems are bad and problems CAN be avoided by fixing f..ups promptly

policy of 'no fixes mid-league' makes poeple attached to stuff that should not be in the game in the first place

once the emotional bond is formed - you make players experience a real LOSS when bugs are fixed.

while we are at questionable balance - why Sunder has damage effectiveness almost twice that of Heavy Strike while being AOE vs single target? how this is even a thing, it looks like a typo, when that '1' in front should simply be removed. before 'you kill fun' crowd shows up - sunder with 90% DE would STILL be comparable with single-target-only Heavy Strike..

this is this bad. will it be fixed? not likely

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info