[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

Hi
I really like this build, and i'm curious: a scion version is viable? The overkill leech is mandatory for the build to work? (i can't find any setting in pob to check the leech from obliteration wands explosion damage)
And what type of leech works with these explosions? Phys and ele leech obviously not, but what about non-specified Attack damage leech? Or i need special not typed leech affixes?
Thank you.
"
itelethozo wrote:
Hi
I really like this build, and i'm curious: a scion version is viable? The overkill leech is mandatory for the build to work? (i can't find any setting in pob to check the leech from obliteration wands explosion damage)
And what type of leech works with these explosions? Phys and ele leech obviously not, but what about non-specified Attack damage leech? Or i need special not typed leech affixes?
Thank you.
Scion is good, but you'll have to drop RF because of leech mechanics. Atziri's flask and WM work on obliteration explosions. https://pastebin.com/wuXjwz2x made a build for you. gear is pretty nuts there, but i'm sure you can pull 2 mil with 7k life without a problem on quite a mediocre budget.
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
It might be too soon to jump the gun, but judging by the new manifesto, this build is probably now defunct.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. This meant that a very high damage hit with enough leech could last minutes, if not longer, if you had an effect letting your leech remain on full life. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

Bummer, we had a good run.
R.I.P. RF+Obliteration Slayer
2017-2019
Last edited by lucksickle on Mar 4, 2019, 8:10:35 PM
RIP This build, it was insanely fun, cheap, and great early league. Killed by Scion Ele Hit. You will be missed.
"
lucksickle wrote:
It might be too soon to jump the gun, but judging by the new manifesto, this build is probably now defunct.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. This meant that a very high damage hit with enough leech could last minutes, if not longer, if you had an effect letting your leech remain on full life. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

Bummer, we had a good run.
R.I.P. RF+Obliteration Slayer
2017-2019

Yep, no reason to go slayer now, scion is literally better and RF is no go now, also BV's damage been nerfed, might not be the best spell to use either.
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
Last edited by Kek_is_love on Mar 5, 2019, 4:52:12 AM
I saw some of you guys in the Development Manifesto.
I feel it's unfair to nerf the Ascendant by nerfing the Slayer. They should have waited 3.7 with melee rework at least.

So do you think there is nothing we can adapt for an obliteration build? I really enjoyed the mechanic last time I played it in Delve.
"
bastimars wrote:
So do you think there is nothing we can adapt for an obliteration build? I really enjoyed the mechanic last time I played it in Delve.

I haven't looked much into it yet, but as Kek stated, there's no reason to go Slayer now. I casually tested Hierophant and Jugg with RF and Obliterations last league, they're terribly inconsistent and far from cheap options so I wouldn't recommend those. You could always just drop the RF and use something else to trigger the initial explosions. It's hard to say how hard the BV nerf will be, but going by GGG nerf history, it'll likely be gutted. I'm thinking life-based occultist with Death's Oath will probably be the way to go, but I have no idea of what the best single target setup with it would be. Since you'll need to support the Chest's Aura with 6 supports, you'll end up needing some form of shaper/essence/etc helm or gloves for your Single Target.
Last edited by lucksickle on Mar 9, 2019, 8:42:52 AM
RIP my favorite build. Thanks to all, lucksickle being in the fist place, who worked hard for testing and optimization for all this time. It's been a fun ride.

Last edited by Cihondar on Mar 8, 2019, 6:02:59 AM
For those of you who may still be interested in revisiting this build, I posted a Trickster variation which I believe to be currently the best alternative (from what I've tested):
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2501118
Last edited by lucksickle on May 9, 2019, 12:35:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info