[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

Got it, thanks a lot for the reply!

It's hard to find two elder daggers like the ones in the brutality build, so what stats would you recommend prioritizing on them?
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Dec 24, 2018, 11:42:52 PM
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Got it, thanks a lot for the reply!

It's hard to find two elder daggers like the ones in the brutality build, so what stats would you recommend prioritizing on them?
Idk, just check PoB, i'd say find phys damage to spells and either spell damage or spell crit and craft another of thses on it. Crit multi is a sweet bonus, t1 might be actually better, than crit chance, though, will bring some inconsistency while clearing.
Also. I figured out, that Blood magic is actually not the best way for brutality version mostly because it blocks arcane surge. It is better to allocate more jewels, maybe even use ele-crit tree and reserve mana with banner, HoP, and aspect of spider. Latter can be beastcrafted onto boots. This setup leaves 40%mana unreserved, which is enough to cast 10 stacks.
Also, with new crafts i am heavily doubting necessity of hidden potential in Endgame version. Amulet, belt, ring and gloves can have damage craft, boots have to be rare to have life, BiS chestpiece is carcass jack. Only helmet is left in best case scenario. 3-4 stat jewel should be better.
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
Last edited by Kek_is_love on Dec 27, 2018, 2:04:10 PM
https://pastebin.com/6JUcMvKv Updated brutality PoB link. Less life, way more damage, no longer blood magic. Still kinda budget, except for rings daggers and jewels, lol. Rings should drop in price soon, daggers should appear on market and idk about jewels. 3 mods like that are like 60-80c on market
https://pastebin.com/81XAkbkq Completely out of initial build idea, but this should work wonders. AoF EO blade vortex built around a shaper mod on maces of 5% explosion. Basically it is slayer version of Mathil's beeftain. Those explosions have 100% chance, so they are more consistent than obliteration's. With gear in link, i calculated the explosion damage to be around 110%(need 80%). As soon as i get currency to buy and craft the gear for it, i am respeccing my brutality BV into it. It should work on low budget with a random amulet with +1curse, 2 marks of submission for WM and flammability, AoF on tree.
Last edited by Kek_is_love on Dec 27, 2018, 2:00:11 PM
"
Kek_is_love wrote:

I tested the shaped mace explosions a year or two ago. They have some downsides when compared to Obliterations:

1)Obliteration explosions can proc off of DoTs alone (Righteous Fire), the mace can not as it works on a 'tagging' system.
2)The base damage is only 5%, Obliteration is 25% and is chaos which is better than fire for general resistances, so the investment in damage to get it working is much higher.
3)Obliteration explosions have a larger AoE, getting shaped mace explosions to chain off of itself requires a higher AoE investment to work out as well.

There's probably a few other details, but those 3 are the main points. You can probably play a BV-centered variation similar to Mathil's beeftain, but the clear will be considerably worse since you have to keep BV up and can't proc screens worth of explosions without the right amount of density.
Last edited by lucksickle on Jan 2, 2019, 6:16:46 PM
"
lucksickle wrote:

I tested the shaped mace explosions a year or two ago. They have some downsides when compared to Obliterations:

1)Obliteration explosions can proc more explosions off of itself, the mace can not.
2)The base damage is only 5%, Obliteration is 25% and is chaos which is better than fire for general resistances.
3)Shaped mace explosions don't trigger off damage over time, so can't pop them by just walking through monsters with RF. You need to 'tag' the monsters by hitting them with something.

There's probably a few other details, but those 3 are the main points. You can probably play a BV-centered variation similar to Mathil's beeftain, but the clear will be considerably worse since you have to keep BV up and can't proc screens worth of explosions with the right amount of density.
Mace explosion cannot chain and cannot be proced of DoT? really interesting. Why tho? Will still probably test it, because i got enough inc damage in my version to make those 5%chain of 1 explosion if it can.
"
Kek_is_love wrote:
Mace explosion cannot chain and cannot be proced of DoT? really interesting. Why tho?

I was wrong about the chain explode bit. They technically can, but you require a faaar higher damage investment to pull it off, and the AoE is indeed smaller, so a far higher AoE investment is needed as well. There either wasn't a good way to scale pop damage and area by much when I first tested, or I simply didn't get enough. I've also confirmed that the mace pops still work through a tagging system. DoTs (RF) will proc it as long as you "tag" the mob first by hitting it, but not if they die to the DoT alone. The wording in this game is often inconsistent with how stuff actually works.
Last edited by lucksickle on Jan 2, 2019, 6:24:38 PM
"
Kek_is_love wrote:
lvl 25 BV has OP radius, also, probably the most damage i had in this build.

Hi, sorry if this was asked before, but can you do the whole content with this (almost entirely) magic build ? Shouldn't I swap for strong rare gear without Hidden Potential for late tier maps? Thanks!
"
PimpFlamingo wrote:
"
Kek_is_love wrote:
lvl 25 BV has OP radius, also, probably the most damage i had in this build.

Hi, sorry if this was asked before, but can you do the whole content with this (almost entirely) magic build ? Shouldn't I swap for strong rare gear without Hidden Potential for late tier maps? Thanks!
New crafted mods on gloves and amulet are better than what hidden potential provides, so, yes, ideally it should be dropped. All(not uberelder, in my hands at least) content is farmable on full magic gear without any issues though.
Yep I dropped hidden potential in favor of increased damage while leeching mods on gloves and amulet. Additional phys damage to spells on helmet helps too, and I also added a +1 to aoe gems craft for RF.
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Jan 10, 2019, 3:29:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info