[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

Nice inspiration for my own version for RF.

The concept of explosions + leech is the same, the rest different.

Made some Ascendant Inpulsas + vinktars rf + sr magic find version, focused on mapping with no map mod issues (can literally run anything except no leech + no regen together which i never saw).

Ascendant slayer/trickster with regen + leech but no investment in max leech or VP.
Using vinktars for the shock and leech%, inpulsas for the explosions, leech and EE on surviving enemys.

Goldwyrm, some 10% iiq amulet and 2x ventors for IIQ, then Divination Distillate enabled through Mind over Matter for additional 24% IIQ (flask effect nodes and the flask effect jewel).

Wanted to have a smooth and fast mapper, so the frenzy generation of trickster is great for that, same for the power charge generation which helps to have a easy EO uptime via shieldcharge.

Then i run triple puritys for 99% manareservation which helps a lot filling those missing resists for mf gear and trivializes most elemental dmg.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623473 Basically summed up here.

I could potentially use dual obliterations as well, but i really like the shieldcharges triggering EE for a faster kills on the first few mobs.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:

Hi! I'm glad it's been interesting to you. I don't know if you caught it some few pages ago, but if you're going impulsas, and you happen to have enough %increased, %more, and ele pen, you could possibly manage to use Berek's Respite to proliferate the vinktar's shock through the impulsas explosions into a chain reaction. It requires a huge investment to pull of, but with the right gear it could work.

Triple purities sounds tanky too, I was talking to a guy last night about using Loreweave in this build before the power cut off on my neighborhood, so maybe that's something else you could also explore. Best of luck!~
Last edited by lucksickle on Apr 3, 2018, 1:45:44 PM
Its a great and interesting build. But i may to ask some questions.
Is dmg from hidden potential (25% dmg) = 25% dmg from any "%Increase spell dmg"?
Coz we can find rare rings and amulets with 30-40% increase spell dmg, so this jewelery can grant additional %resists, and many more nice stuffs.
Can we swap magic rings and amulest for those nice rares?

Also, as i notice, the abyss jewels is not counting as magic item for Hidden Potential gem. So we can use a nice rare abyss jewel for nice crafted magic Stygian Vise?
Last edited by DarkTimka on Apr 5, 2018, 9:28:41 PM
Hey, I like the unique approach with this build, but I'm wondering how you sustain leech on single target. Are we supposed to just enter the fight with enough leech to last, and hope we kill it fast enough? I looked through a few posts and didn't see anything addressing this, so sorry if you've explained it elsewhere. Does dark pact sustain our leech in a single target environment? Are we just screwed if we're against a single target and our leech from mobs wears off?

"Hey, I like the unique approach with this build, but I'm wondering how you sustain leech on single target. Are we supposed to just enter the fight with enough leech to last, and hope we kill it fast enough? I looked through a few posts and didn't see anything addressing this, so sorry if you've explained it elsewhere. Does dark pact sustain our leech in a single target environment? Are we just screwed if we're against a single target and our leech from mobs wears off?"

I think that's where Writhing jar comes in to play, especially in boss environments, being able to kill those worms from the flask procs our obliteration explosion, which then in turn gives us enough leech to sustain in fights without adds <3
Hope this helps.
"
reclusivity wrote:

"Hey, I like the unique approach with this build, but I'm wondering how you sustain leech on single target. Are we supposed to just enter the fight with enough leech to last, and hope we kill it fast enough? I looked through a few posts and didn't see anything addressing this, so sorry if you've explained it elsewhere. Does dark pact sustain our leech in a single target environment? Are we just screwed if we're against a single target and our leech from mobs wears off?"

I think that's where Writhing jar comes in to play, especially in boss environments, being able to kill those worms from the flask procs our obliteration explosion, which then in turn gives us enough leech to sustain in fights without adds <3
Hope this helps.

Yup, you can use writhing jar if you're having trouble with that. It's not the explosions that fix the leech (because worms have a tiny life pool and explosions scale with that), but rather the overkill leech from slayer. Generally speaking though, you shouldn't have much issue with single target. The main plan would be to enter with your leech stacks up, but if you're running the regen variant (which I recommend), you can just weaponswap into phoenix shield + blue wand and sustain RF off of that. The leech will then handle your Dark Pact.

"
DarkTimka wrote:
Its a great and interesting build. But i may to ask some questions.
Is dmg from hidden potential (25% dmg) = 25% dmg from any "%Increase spell dmg"?
Coz we can find rare rings and amulets with 30-40% increase spell dmg, so this jewelery can grant additional %resists, and many more nice stuffs.
Can we swap magic rings and amulest for those nice rares?

Also, as i notice, the abyss jewels is not counting as magic item for Hidden Potential gem. So we can use a nice rare abyss jewel for nice crafted magic Stygian Vise?

Hi, the 25% damage from hidden potential is a generic increase, so it affects your spells, RF, and explosions from Obliteration. Pretty much everything you do will have increased damage, the more important part being the explosions. Because of this, I wouldn't recommend swapping your items for rares, unless you get extremely well crafted rare jewelry with Essence of Envy which gives you generic increased chaos damage. What you say about abyss jewels is correct, you can wear a blue stygian with a rare jewel and that'll work out just fine.
Last edited by lucksickle on Apr 17, 2018, 5:32:25 PM
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

Hi! I'm glad it's been interesting to you. I don't know if you caught it some few pages ago, but if you're going impulsas, and you happen to have enough %increased, %more, and ele pen, you could possibly manage to use Berek's Respite to proliferate the vinktar's shock through the impulsas explosions into a chain reaction. It requires a huge investment to pull of, but with the right gear it could work.

Triple purities sounds tanky too, I was talking to a guy last night about using Loreweave in this build before the power cut off on my neighborhood, so maybe that's something else you could also explore. Best of luck!~

didnt thought about Bereks Respite. Farmed a Headhunter in 3 days on my version with high mf gear and had no room for other rings than ventors ;) sadly i sold most of my gear already and cannot test it further.

Maybe i run something similar in the upcoming flashback event again. Just got annoyed by shieldcharge in the layouts i ran (mainly burial chambers and underground sea), so i might run a qotf route similar to this one... or something entirely different ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Why do they all use magic items? the build does not work with rare items?
someone has some link to the finished build? with rare or unique items?
Thank you very much.
Hey guys, just one thing you could potentially add to the build, either on the rare helm (but will have to be lucky with suffixes left open) or can maybe run one rare item. and then beastcraft on Aspect of the Spider, basically it gives around 5% damage taken to creatures per web on them and this stacks up to 3 times, so all white creatures will have at least 1 stack on them (the area is almost screen wide) and all bosses will have the 3 stacks on them.... The only issue is that this is a 25% reservation so working around mana cost of DP and left mana might be an issue...

Hope this helps spark ideas to the people wanting to min max the build further...
How many Hidden Potential jewels does this build use? Is it just the one? Or is every jewel slot a hidden potential jewel?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info