[3.1] Quill Poison Raider | ALL map mods | Fast | "Tanky" | 3M DPS | Facetank | 100+ arrows/second

"
buttcommander wrote:
very interesting build. just wondering, which bosses are poison immune?

None as of patch 3.0

"
Seems interesting. Do you think that this build would be hardcore safe?

Yes it is hardcore safe but obviously you must prioritize survivability, more HP and mana instead of damage. I rarely die in softcore playing recklessly.
IGN - Imgur
I've been playing this build for a while now and while it's not your typical 1-hit kill thing build I do think it's allot of fun. Multiple defence layers coupled with curses and poison makes up for a really solid build.

Killed elder yesterday with my current gear:

Still working on an addtional arrow on bow/quiver and the 6L chest. I took the Arcane Chemistry nodes for more mana giving me 4.5K hp and 1400 unreserved mana (running AA). Next few levels will be HP nodes because I really think it needs to get above 5K.
Might be a dumb question to post here. Quite nooby at looking at other people's guides.

How do you know which side to branch out on the passive tree at what levels?

I see that you've posted your end level char and the PoB (which might have a function to show the order of skilltree point allocation but I've got no idea how to do that?)

So for example, should I be branching out to the acrobatics side of the tree, or go for the MoM side first?

Any first-timer clues would be helpful thanks!
"
chuci wrote:
Might be a dumb question to post here. Quite nooby at looking at other people's guides.

How do you know which side to branch out on the passive tree at what levels?

I see that you've posted your end level char and the PoB (which might have a function to show the order of skilltree point allocation but I've got no idea how to do that?)

So for example, should I be branching out to the acrobatics side of the tree, or go for the MoM side first?

Any first-timer clues would be helpful thanks!

Till 58 you want to level with lighting arrow, early levels with storm cloud etc.

First goals:
Flask nodes (personal favorite to keep on going)
Mana flows \ Bravery
Deadly draw \ acrobatics

This is the 49 tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAIAABzcW68qTRR1QYdEDY8ahrONfe96-egNjY2_NZIFLQiJbIya8bc-wuxKyLiTvTaCx_ajTZLuDlFHI_bI8L6nhTIVIF1oMHx08WJaGbSHdtX4LYObje2DJJ0ILgBePydAoKOK035lTevuAO7YvW6qGY7UI5UFyqks6QW1bmm0xRjbKPr-CmKsIWC18vzFSn167w==

After this I'd start to get poison nodes for level 58 and then it's frenzies \ jewels \ inspiration.

Purchases requires:
Thiefs torment (this first!)
Quill rain
Snakebite
Added chaos gem
Dendronate (try to 6S/4L it)
Coralito flask

Other trips:
Get a lootfilter
Save all flasks and gems with quality that you find and trade them in for baubles and gcp's
Last edited by foojin on Dec 25, 2017, 6:30:44 AM
Great tips Foojin, much appreciated!
Hey been really enjoying the build, finally found a bow character I actually find fun to play. While I haven't finished gearing my character completely, just wanted to add a couple of suggestions for additional defences.

Using a jewel with chance to blind on hit is great given we attack so often and buffs the damage because of our quiver. I went for life and res on mine as I'm using +1 darkrays instead of rare boots but you could surely find one with better offensive stats. Another idea is using a single es on hit regular jewel which should take advantage of the 200 es or so we gain from dendrobate. It won't work well with blood rage but is nice in boss fights where you won't want to use blood rage anyway.
"
RaptorSWS wrote:
Hey been really enjoying the build, finally found a bow character I actually find fun to play. While I haven't finished gearing my character completely, just wanted to add a couple of suggestions for additional defences.

Using a jewel with chance to blind on hit is great given we attack so often and buffs the damage because of our quiver. I went for life and res on mine as I'm using +1 darkrays instead of rare boots but you could surely find one with better offensive stats. Another idea is using a single es on hit regular jewel which should take advantage of the 200 es or so we gain from dendrobate. It won't work well with blood rage but is nice in boss fights where you won't want to use blood rage anyway.

Blind on hit is a great affix, good catch. How are Darkrays working for you? I feel like it's too clunky for me. Are your resists cap'd?
IGN - Imgur
I wonder how important phys dmg is, perhaps some flat phys roles might be good as well? If I change TS from level 20 to 1 my poison dps goes from 1300 > 1000 which indicates that flat phys dmg might be a decent thing to look at?

Bought myself a +arrow quiver and blind on hit abys jewel. I am curious if bosses are effected completely by blind or not (if they don't have RT)?
"
Madbeats wrote:
"
RaptorSWS wrote:

Blind on hit is a great affix, good catch. How are Darkrays working for you? I feel like it's too clunky for me. Are your resists cap'd?

Yeah the resists are capped but I do have to put purity of elements on for ele weakness maps. I also use a jewel with all res and the abyss jewel has double res. I'm not entirely happy with them though as 4sec of frenzy duration is actually annoying in some cases and I'm having to stack movespeed elsewhere just so I can move at a decent pace when they're down. May sell them in the future so I can get some better jewels.

On a side note using a lv4 enhance to buff the despair aura seems to give a good chunk of damage and doesn't increase the mana cost.
I might respec into this tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAIBABzcm6EqTRR1QYdEDb3mFya00fnoLOluaXaCbIyAIiaVo4rrY7iT_rpaGjy-SU907SP2vqeFMjklR369JwgudPFiWp2qGbQYVnqEWAePRj8niq_TfiSdeC8o-iFg6-5lTX116XbQrYazjX3vej9sDY3TbzfUGGo1kqcIAF5uqrc-wuxKyL02GNuj7_ajPs9Nkhg82L1h4np_Fr-1SMjwFSBB0O2DES8wfP4KgseHdi4j_MXV-DPZLYOQEZuNvKqDbV9wNj2Nv3vDUUfuDu0_QKBirEa3ly3Y1aXLfOWPGhmO1CMshQzyBbV677TFtfIFLVuvyAwA7gZwSn1Ugg==

118 points

Regular tree (poison dmg / life):

vs new tree:

But the new tree gives you some nice perks:
+8% res, 5% movement speed, 20 str (allows max level incr duration), evasion rating

I've also tried playing around with berserking and an additional jewel slot but this seems less efficient then pure life nodes + deadly draw cluster unless you have 4 stat jewels. If you manage to have 9x 4 stat jewels (life, bow as, poison, dot) then a build with those amount of sockets would be best... :)

Another thing is skittering runes which adds the largest DPS boost in normal circumstances, however with for example shaper in POB it has lower poison damage then the tree at the top of my post.

Edit: and doing some more calculations based on my current character I must say it's all really close, additional dps (few K) or more HP (100-200). Though that 5% movespeed is tempting and the 8% res makes your boots/belt not cost a fortune to get ele weakness capped.

Edit - new boots \ bow and I am quite happy with the gem setup right now:

Next goals; finding a level 8 vorici to link the gloves (enhance+despair+blasp), 6-link chest, enchant on head, level 93 and 20/20 gems.
Last edited by foojin on Dec 27, 2017, 4:03:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info