[3.1] Quill Poison Raider | ALL map mods | Fast | "Tanky" | 3M DPS | Facetank | 100+ arrows/second

Hi, welcome to my Quill Poison Raider guide.

EDIT: Guide updated for 3.1~!

This is a build that utilizes the Quill Rain bow, poison scaling, and Theif's Torment. It is able to map fast, clear bosses, and use IIQ (bisco's/theif's) Shooting 100 arrows a second, this build is fast and fun.

Pros/Cons:
Spoiler
Pros:
*Fast clear
*ALL MAP MODS
*Good Chaos Resist from uniques
*Psuedo Tank
*No need to skip bosses
*Can run Biscos and up to 16% IIQ is part of core items
*Less expensive to scale than current meta builds for similar results
*Entertaining and unique (100+ Arrows per second!)
Cons:
*Requires several uniques
*Slow to level

Videos:
Spoiler

New in 3.1:
Spoiler

This amulet is amazing and most likely best in slot for this build, it gives you survivability, damage, and a free aura that synergies with this build.

New flask this patch, free 74% increased duration on your poison and 25% more chance to poison for those maps that have less poison chance.

Core Components:
Spoiler

Quill Rain does not decrease poison damage and has an extremely high attack speed, this allows us to stack dozens of poison stacks in seconds. Theif's torment allows us to gain tens of thousands of life/mana back instantly, allowing us to be "pseudo tanky" because once you lose mana from a massive hit it will just as fast recover to full, sometimes you recover so quickly you don’t even notice your hp/mana go down.

Leveling:
Spoiler

Pre-30 use and play in a way that allows you to follow the initial path of the skill tree, after you hit 30 buy a
and from then on things should be ezpz. You can buy a
as well and take baby steps to completing your 6L set up as you go. I leveled up my character on Abyss this way and it wasn't the worst experience I've had.

Skilltree:

Spoiler
Current Skill Tree
This is a flexible skill tree so long as you can achieve MoM and get your poison nodes.

Bandits:
Spoiler
Only option: 2 skill tree points.

Important Items:
Spoiler

Fast attacks = more sustain and more damage, quill rain is core. Corrupt for additional arrow!

Best mods for this build, ailment damage boost, blind on taking a hit, hp, and attack speed, corrupt for addition arrow!

Obviously the only reason you are so OP with this build.

One of the most powerful uniques for this build, a must have if you can afford it.

Best chest slot for this build, grants a lot of damage for free. Also grants 40% poison chance from Lesser Poison.

Essential for this build to work properly, we ignore poison chance on tree and utilize the 60% from this item with the 40% from chest for 100% chance to poison. Corrupt for Temp chains!

Great for clear speed, gives you stats you like. Can switch to rare helm if you need defenses. Look for Lightning Golem or TornadoShot/Barrage enchants!

SO MANY UNIQUES IN THIS BUILD! FILL IN THOSE RESISTS :p

Jewels examples

Links:
Spoiler
This is a solid mapping set up, it can kill all bosses, however you can get much more single target dps by swapping in Barrage.

Wither for bosses/breaches for a huge spike in damage. With each cast the totem does, your damage goes up significantly.

Fit in your golem/Bloodrage where you can. (Not necessary at all)

For general mapping, you can reserve mana for faster clear with haste, and purity of elements if you can't get your resists capped. This is only the case if you are NOT using rare boots with tri res.
Just understand you are not able to utilize MoM and this should only be used if you are clearing WEAK maps that don't require the extra survivability.

a free slot to level a gem while you can't utilize a second ring slot.
(this is purely if you want, it's not gonna do much for you but make things feel better when powering through low tier maps)

The rest of your socket choices can be preference.

My current gear:
Spoiler

Jewel priority is: Life > Poison Damage > ChaosDmg/BowSpeed/DmgOverTime

Flasks:
Spoiler

This is a personal set up, but in my opinion I think it is the best, has everything you need.

This can be used as a defensive measure, it will knock back everything you shoot, mobs go flying.

Pantheon:
Spoiler

Aim for Forgotten Soldier

PoB links/Examples:
Spoiler

PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/WT7xiunT Updated link!
3M DPS:
Spoiler

VS Shaper:
Spoiler
I appreciate all feedback and suggestions, so please feel free to tell me your thoughts, just be constructive.
IGN - Imgur
Last edited by Madbeats on Dec 25, 2017, 3:54:51 AM
Last bumped on Jun 17, 2018, 3:31:49 AM
Change Log

Spoiler

Dec 24, 2017
Updated for 3.1, added new sections including item breakdowns
Oct 3, 2017
Added Mino video
Oct 2, 2017
*Added PoB Link/tooltips
*Added additional information to skill links
*Added a To Do list.
Oct 1, 2017
*Guide posted

To do list:
Spoiler

FAQ section
IGN - Imgur
Last edited by Madbeats on Dec 24, 2017, 6:04:56 PM
nice build, did something similar but with barrage, pierce from tree and 3 RATS.
you can look at my char here(char is poisonSplinters). look nice, just a small thing,
these gloves do alot more dmg for you.

also the pathing you took in order to get the MOM... i fell like its not worth it.. how much mana unreserved you get from that MOM?
isn't grabbing much more life on tree be much better?
something like this. much higher life way outscale the MOM benefit in my opinion, and also took more poison nodes to compensate on the glove changes
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
Last edited by The_x_ile on Oct 2, 2017, 3:30:57 AM
"
The_x_ile wrote:
nice build, did something similar but with barrage, pierce from tree and 3 RATS.
you can look at my char here(char is poisonSplinters). look nice, just a small thing,
these gloves do alot more dmg for you

Oh interesting, but we can't run two curses. It's definitely good for mapping if you can use them. but perhaps for bosses a different pair of gloves are better.
IGN - Imgur
made some changes in my original post, look again, also ofcourse use +1 curse amulet, something like this
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
also the pathing you took in order to get the MOM... i fell like its not worth it.. how much mana unreserved you get from that MOM?
something like this. much higher life way outscale the MOM benefit in my opinion, and also took more poison nodes to compensate on the glove changes

I only reserve mana when I'm doing casual bossing, I don't need to reserve mana, haste isn't a big enough dps increase to merit it, so I have around 1900 mana total.
IGN - Imgur
Hey, cool guide, tryin in out! What bandits did you take? :)
No chest item?
This build looks really fun. How do you level?
"

Mind over Matter is straight up 30% more life, assuming we have the mana to soak. And with the crazy mana on hit going on here you probably do.

Drop 9 life nodes in the Scion area and you lose 35% increased for MoM's 30% more. That seems like a good trade to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info