[3.1] Quill Poison Raider | ALL map mods | Fast | "Tanky" | 3M DPS | Facetank | 100+ arrows/second

Hi, just a few questions to this build:

1. Mind of the Council maybe a good dps alternative helmet?
2. Why Chain over Pierce?

Last edited by ILIAS on Dec 29, 2017, 8:22:11 PM
Just wonder if Scion can play this build as effective? If so what are the preferred ascendant nodes?
"
ILIAS wrote:
Hi, just a few questions to this build:

1. Mind of the Council maybe a good dps alternative helmet?
2. Why Chain over Pierce?

Why would Mind of the Council increase your DPS? It's a good helmet in general though.

Chain allows for more poison stacks
IGN - Imgur
"
cyruszin wrote:
Just wonder if Scion can play this build as effective? If so what are the preferred ascendant nodes?

some people go scion but I think it's worse.
IGN - Imgur
Any chance of a mapping video of red maps or some other bosses besides the quick clip you have? I have currency to buy everything but not sure if its worth investing as I can't see the general gameplay :(
"
Madbeats wrote:
"
cyruszin wrote:

Thanks! Also I have some single damage issue against some rare monster and boss at act 4. Is it normal and how can it be improved? Currently Level 38 with 6 linked TS with Quill Rain.

Currently running watchers eye jewel (23% phys taken as elemental) at the cost of running PoE. This gives me 4700 hp / 1400 mana (2k unreserved) which is almost the 70/30 life mana balance for MOM. It also allowed me for a different belt granting chaos res and flask duration.

Got my chest 6L today which helps allot.

Need 2 more levels for 15% HP.

And my main issue is not having a vorici 8.
Last edited by foojin on Dec 30, 2017, 2:30:40 PM
"
cyruszin wrote:
"
Madbeats wrote:
"
cyruszin wrote:

Thanks! Also I have some single damage issue against some rare monster and boss at act 4. Is it normal and how can it be improved? Currently Level 38 with 6 linked TS with Quill Rain.

Hello there!
I think that is normal - was the same for me while I was levelling. Single target damage was quite low until lvl 50-60.
From what I've read here - if you want to have smoother leveling experience you should use other gems (lightning strike?) and start using TS only later on.

Thanks OP! Enjoying this build. At the moment doing low level yellow maps on HC.

Question regarding flasks - I'm using this Sulphur flask. Would it be better to switch to Silver flask? Or the output in overall damage is pretty much the same? What do you think guys?

Last edited by NerKiuKas on Dec 30, 2017, 3:43:18 PM
I am currently at 71 and I feel like I'm doing something terribly wrong. Just feel super squishy and the damage doesn't seem all there.

This is without the neck and helm options in the guide, as I had to get extra resists. in those slots and even with the extra resists I am still under cap.

Where is everyone else making up the resists in their gear to hit cap?
Last edited by Berard420 on Dec 30, 2017, 4:38:06 PM
"
Berard420 wrote:
I am currently at 71 and I feel like I'm doing something terribly wrong. Just feel super squishy and the damage doesn't seem all there.

Do you have 300 dex? Your armor will give you quite a nice boost of increased poison damage (98%).
Also you are missing a lot by choosing different ascendancy - you should have went for the Avatar of the slaughter as it gives a big attack speed and overall damage boost.
And don't forget to take jewel nodes - they also give quite a good boost.

This helmet also would improve your character quite a bit.

Hope that helps :)

"
This is without the neck and helm options in the guide, as I had to get extra resists. in those slots and even with the extra resists I am still under cap.

Where is everyone else making up the resists in their gear to hit cap?

Try to get armor with highest res (25%), ring (10%+24%) and the rest comes from boots, amulet, stygian vise belt with included jewel and if needed - from jewel nodes in the skill tree.

Over Sentinel nod in the skill tree there are two nodes with +18% lightning and +18% cold nodes leading to a jewel node. This will also provide some resistances :)
Last edited by NerKiuKas on Dec 30, 2017, 4:49:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info