1 shot 95% of game content

hello everyone

first i just want to say poe is one of my favorite game
i`m not here to trash the game or hate but more about to bring suggestion :)

ok here my issue

in my opinion overall if you have knowledge on the game 95% of the game content become very to easy .and i dont really like this because

1- is not really challenging
2- you just have to optimise your build for 1 type of damage and attack and dont need to be versatile
3- i`m bit sad for game designer working hard to creating content map nice monster spell ect,, but everything die in less of 1/4 of sec and the map is about 2 to 4 min

my opinion sometime i get a bit boring to 1 shot everything ,i will like monster offer a bit more challenge ,
everyone know overall player hate to be nerf
so i think to buff the monster is the way to go sure you will always have some player complain this slow farming xp so just buff monster xp little bit for this give the same time xp ratio , just my 2 cent peace

play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Sep 25, 2017, 1:14:09 AM
Last bumped on Oct 2, 2017, 9:52:52 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
95% of the game is 1 shottable white mobs who serve nothing but as fodder to let players feel powerful.

People complains the game is too easy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Dead DPS is 0 DPS"

- Rules of Gaming
Last edited by Myonaise on Sep 23, 2017, 12:50:21 PM
"
Myonaise wrote:
95% of the game is 1 shottable white mobs who serve nothing but as fodder to let players feel powerful.

People complains the game is too easy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
agree yes and no

agree yes the white magic and rare monster right now ( serve nothing but as fodder to let players feel powerful)

but monster suppose to be the front line guardian before your reach the boss they are suppose to give some resistance
, i`m agree they have to serve your character to grow , but also need to offer some type of resistance , so in your logic 95% of the game content serve nothing because white monster are 95% of the game content Oo
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Sep 23, 2017, 1:08:29 PM
In this kind of game you are supposed to one-shot all nameless mobs. If that does not match your taste, you are playing the wrong type of game.
Yeah, monster could pose a bigger challenge overall and the game should be harder but less spiky.

We also level up too fast in the beginning if you kill everything in all areas.

GGG should also stop balancing the game around instant logout, if it becomes too easy for ppl using logout to avoid death then it's their own fault for using it to cheat death.

For someone with a bit of knowledge about ARPG's the game is 90% a breeze, the rest 5% challenging and the other 5% killing you with spike DMG.

It's simply bad balancing, game should be more consistently challenging.

And it's a shame because the rest of the game is pretty great...
"
Gordyne wrote:
Yeah, monster could pose a bigger challenge overall and the game should be harder but less spiky.

This.

There are few things in this game that pose a real challenge to my character, and my character isn't that well-geared and my skill isn't that great. Namely, things that are a real challenge are:

- Shaper
- Uber Atziri
- Phoenix
- The other three Guardians in rippy maps
- Probably Chayula and maybe Uul-Netol? No idea, never faced them
- Probably Abaxoth in hard maps? Not sure either.
- Double Boss Core is also quite a nice challenge.

Most of the rest of the game is just.... well, too easy and mostly I explode entire screens in single shots. Including in T16 maps. What is the point? I recently ran a no-leech map (I use VP) and found out that most mobs do not even get the chance to damage me in the 0.5s they exist on the screen before shattering. The three Guardians in the Core map (Malachai, Shavronne, Doedre)? Go in, obliterate them in about 0.5s. Atziri split phase dies before she can even begin to cast her Flameblast. Recently I did her on an unlinked Barrage, deathless, to figure out whether it is possible. It is.

What makes things worse is the fact that most of these challenges are gated:

Shaper: 25c.
Uber Atziri: Probably around 80-100c? Didn't check.
Phoenix and other guardians are relatively ungated at least in HSC, in Standard they are expensive, too.
Chayula: about 220c last time I checked
Abaxoth: random chance

What makes the situation yet even worse is the fact that most of these hard challenges have valuable items behind them. Thus, it only really makes sense to run for example Uber Atziri if you know you can kill her. As a result of that, the character that was most successful at killing her was one that could do it guaranteed - Bladefall Poison miner that could ignore all mechanics and do it easily, making it a non-challenge. Doing it on other characters is much more fun, but economically (yay! economy!) not viable.

I guess it is beyond hope that balance will be achieved in PoE and we will have to live with the mess there is, but at least give us some consistent, economically viable way to challenge ourselves. A way to do that could be to remove the items from behind Atziri / Shaper / Uber, let them or fragments of them drop in the normal game, and make it such that you have to fight them in order to "unlock" the item for usage. Or give some way to run them without the item reward.

Oh, and also remove VP, it is super dumb and promotes the snoozefest-oneshot-snoozefest meta.

"
Gordyne wrote:
And it's a shame because the rest of the game is pretty great...

Also, this.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
The game could be way more fun if mobs had more life and give more exp imo
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
"
charley222 wrote:

my opinion sometime i bit boring to 1 shot everything and will like monster offer more a bit of challenge

I also dont like that players and monsters deal way too much damage, and the best way to play is just oneshot monsters before they ever could react.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 24, 2017, 1:17:31 PM
I get that GGG want the game to be playable while watching TV, but even in that context the power gap between white mobs and uinques is way too big. White mobs could literally have 3-5 times the life pool they have now and nobody would notice.
"
Char1983 wrote:

What makes things worse is the fact that most of these challenges are gated:
Shaper: 25c.

You dont have to pay for Shaper's set, you can just run T16 maps and get fragments yourself (if you're good enough). T16 map costs around 3 chaos, plus in 50-75% of cases, you'll get another T16 map from yours. So, the realistic price for Shaper's set is 4-8 chaos.
Even if you pay 25c per Shaper (which probably means you have a dedicated Shaper-farmer build, that isnt really god at everything else), you still will earn profits in average, from Starforge and Dying Sun drops.

Oh, and Guardian maps arent rippy, only guardians themselves are. If your build dies to trash in T16, you either have too low level, too bad gear, or your build is just a bullshit!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info