[3.0] Windripper Currency Generator (now with FAQ section)

"
Boots: the Vectorrays with the frenzy charge corruption are definitely awesomesauce. For me though, I'm rolling maps for packsize and most of the time using sextants, so I like to squeeze out as much Quant as possible. 20% is too much to pass up.

Aegy, the boots are an interesting topic I discussed with a few friends. I tried 20% goldwyrms for a bit and Darkrays ended up feeling much faster and safer defensively (dodge chance) as well as providing DPS for faster boss kills.

IF you are to never run anything hard ever again (Shaped T11/12 forever), then I agree 2500 HP and goldwyrm is alright. If you check your PoB or Martini's PoB and add a +1 Frenzy charge Goldwyrm, that's actually the best middleground between your builds.

I thought about it for a while but I decided to stick with Darkrays because I found myself using the char for all sorts of other adventures with friends.
Hey guys! Thanks for the interesting feedback. Probably some of the most fun I have in this game is talking about different possible setups with builds!

"
itsMartini wrote:
You're correct in that movement speed is possibly the most important stat, yet you chose boots with 10ms instead of boots with 50ms (10 frenzy version). This is completely fine, as the 10ms boots do provide extra quantity, but it is an interesting choice given your previous statement.

Will try to clarify. So when I was in your pure build, I would regularly switch between +1 frenzy charge corrupted Darkrays and Goldwyrm to really see the difference in terms of QoL and map clear speeds. I found that personally for me, the move speed drop wasn't really worth me losing 20% quant. So the pure decision I made was quant vs kill/move speed (clearspeed). Since I'm on pure T11/12, we all know what maps to run, and its div cards for days! Specifically for the purposes of this character, and how I'm rerolling maps and spending anywhere from 12-24c per map before I even step in, its more important for me to maximize my quantity so I can do everything possible to maximize returns on that map. Obviously, if I'm running the map and clearing it at half the speed, that's pretty damn inefficient. But then there's the inefficiency of the map returns too not being maximized. So when it really came down to it, for the purposes of what I was doing, I found the lost opportunity cost of not having the extra 20% quant was greater than the extra clearspeed/movespeed I got from Darkrays combined with +1 frenzy charge. One thing I will note is that I didn't include a +1 frenzy corrupted bisco's in my calculations. I would totally wear one if I could get a 90%+ quant at under 20 ex :) People are ridiculous!

And this kind of goes into the next quote from xethos.

"
xethos25 wrote:
Aegy, the boots are an interesting topic I discussed with a few friends. I tried 20% goldwyrms for a bit and Darkrays ended up feeling much faster and safer defensively (dodge chance) as well as providing DPS for faster boss kills.

IF you are to never run anything hard ever again (Shaped T11/12 forever), then I agree 2500 HP and goldwyrm is alright. If you check your PoB or Martini's PoB and add a +1 Frenzy charge Goldwyrm, that's actually the best middleground between your builds.

I thought about it for a while but I decided to stick with Darkrays because I found myself using the char for all sorts of other adventures with friends.

Yeah, this definitely isn't my main character. If I want to do beachheads or something else, it's not a huge jump for me to spend 20-30 passive refunds and go do that, but I don't really have a desire to do that on this character. Those are more the 2-10mil dps characters :) I'd go rock a doomfletch, or go back to my summoner!

In regards to the dodge chance! I pretty much at always at perpetual 76/75% dodge attacks/spells anyway with vaal haste and everything else. At 10.44 seconds, it lasts an eternity. Considering the dodge cap, I'm pretty much there already! I've also more than made up for the DPS loss by going right side without darkrays, and closed the gap in the difference in movespeed between darkrays +1 corruption with +1 frenzy on the tree with more evasion/move speed nodes.

"
itsMartini wrote:
If you're running t5- maps, 2500 is plenty. If however, you are running all maps between t10 and t15, 2500 is just to low if you want to level at all.

Very true, glad you clarified that. I'd hate for someone to think that and try do do t15's with 2500 hp :) This character pretty much lives in spider forest and vault.

"
itsMartini wrote:

This jewel is an option that I heavily considered, but the thing to realize is that by using this jewel, you miss out on a potential 4 prop jewel that could have taken it's place.

Agreed! 4 prop jewels are hands down the best addition to DPS out there. I would make an argument however that the changes I made to the tree and gems still mirrored the DPS of your build, if not exceeded it, and that's particularly true of projectile weakness. If the comparison is between projectile weakness with blue dream, vs assassin's mark and 4 prop jewel, projectile weakness is going to win every time in deeps, unless I'm missing something. And that's the true comparison I made. That's not including the extra effectiveness for projectile weakness from AG Staff. But then again, maybe you make a different comparison because you're wearing a headhunter? Or there could be something else I'm missing here. But for me, that's the comparison I made. Made similar considerations when I was removing the frenzy charge from the bottom center and the other stuff and duplicating it on the right side, and making sure I was getting very comparable (within 10%) or exceeding values, while picking up as much MS/evasion as possible.

"
itsMartini wrote:

10-20 seconds seems a little long for killing a boss when you're focus is dps and ms over life. I would try investing into more damage (darkrays at least) to kill the boss faster, as well as clear the map faster. Overall, this should net you more returns/time.

Once again, nice analysis of some of the build points and glad to see you trying your own variant.

I was being generous! But it happens sometimes :O
Feel free to compare my 95 build with the missing nodes I mentioned with the DPS of your build!

Cheers, thanks for the kind words and for releasing this guide!
Last edited by Aegy on Oct 9, 2017, 6:29:19 AM
Could you drop the cwdt breath / portal package and add 5l barrage for single target? What gems would you need?
"
Millennium wrote:
Could you drop the cwdt breath / portal package and add 5l barrage for single target? What gems would you need?

"
itsMartini wrote:
...And please don't focus on barrage, everyone keeps asking about this. With an optimal setup (+2 barrage helmet and extra projectiles everywhere), it is more single target than tornado shot. Without all that, it's roughly the same. Not worth devoting an extra six link too it.

Page 3 for reference.

You're better off switching out GMP for Added Cold if you're that preoccupied with damage, although its not really necessary. A 5L Barrage performs pathetically on this build, as does a 6link.
Last edited by Aegy on Oct 9, 2017, 6:33:22 AM
What about support gems? In the Tornado Shot setup, which gem affects your overall dps the most? Is it added lightning?
"
Aegy wrote:

One thing I will note is that I didn't include a +1 frenzy corrupted bisco's in my calculations. I would totally wear one if I could get a 90%+ quant at under 20 ex :) People are ridiculous!

Yeah, I got my +1 bisco's somewhat recently. Probably not totally worth the HUGE investment, but if you have the extra currency, every frenzy charge really makes a difference on this build.
Amazing build. I've almost finished getting all the items. The only problem i have it's the quiver. The Fracturing with +1 arrow its around 12ex atm. Does it really worth it ? What can i use instead of it ? My current setup :
Spoiler
"
DennysRO wrote:
Amazing build. I've almost finished getting all the items. The only problem i have it's the quiver. The Fracturing with +1 arrow its around 12ex atm. Does it really worth it ? What can i use instead of it ?

Just use a spinner without +1 arrow.

Great build.
i like your voice :P
"
DennysRO wrote:
Amazing build. I've almost finished getting all the items. The only problem i have it's the quiver. The Fracturing with +1 arrow its around 12ex atm. Does it really worth it ? What can i use instead of it ? My current setup :
Spoiler

I bought it a few days ago it is descent for price performance nice buffs but if u dont have headhunter i think it is better save money for hh also i used Asphyxia +1 quiver bought it for 30c it is really nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info