[3.0] Windripper Currency Generator (now with FAQ section)

"
nudt wrote:
Hey, looks like a great build. Do you think it would still be profitable using a 5 link windripper?

Sure. You would just do 33% less damage by not running the damage on full life support gem. Slightly slower clear speed, but still works fine. I've tested it.
"
CrimpyRex wrote:
"
bukiet95 wrote:
How we sustain health? Cuz i don't see any HP leech nodes in the tree

Soul Raker takes care of that. But you have to use a Lioneye's Fall to make it work.

Question to itsMartini: Can you tell what areas on the passive tree to prioritize?

Frenzy charges, leech, vaal pact, primeval force, forces of nature, and whatever res nodes you need to help cap your resistances (full unique build makes this difficult without picking up res from the tree).
This is hella smooth, I've never been so comfortable farming sextant'd breach'd red maps with 2500 hp :)

I've been thinking of dropping grace and picking up herald of thunder, and doing a 6link and 4link setup for the two heralds in the chest ahd helm respectively...for more smoothness. There are a few deadspots in Tornadoshot's aoe and I'm theorycrafting in my head that using both heralds and scaling them a bit more will help with that. Have you tried this? Any thoughts if you have?

"
Aegy wrote:
This is hella smooth, I've never been so comfortable farming sextant'd breach'd red maps with 2500 hp :)

I've been thinking of dropping grace and picking up herald of thunder, and doing a 6link and 4link setup for the two heralds in the chest ahd helm respectively...for more smoothness. There are a few deadspots in Tornadoshot's aoe and I'm theorycrafting in my head that using both heralds and scaling them a bit more will help with that. Have you tried this? Any thoughts if you have?

With the extra projectiles and HoI AoE from dying sun, I don't notice any dead spots. HoT would only give you a small dps increase, but you would lose a lot of evasion and ms by dropping grace. I strongly feel this aura is core to the build and should not be removed.
Played a spark/Vfb as my currency farmer but I found the damage lacking with red maps to comfortably farm. I ended up trying your Windripper build (mostly wanted to play a Qotf build)and so far I love it. Even with sub 3k hp I feel like a tank some times with that much dodge and evasion.

So far I've only encountered one problem and that is bosses and single target in general. Normally I skip bosses, but for maps like Vault, those gold piles get the better of me. I ended up switching to my boss killer after every clear of Vault just so I won't miss out on a gold pile. Just started investing more on this character so I'm still missing the TS helm enchant so I'm working on that. Any other tips for single target?
"
imrawn wrote:
Played a spark/Vfb as my currency farmer but I found the damage lacking with red maps to comfortably farm. I ended up trying your Windripper build (mostly wanted to play a Qotf build)and so far I love it. Even with sub 3k hp I feel like a tank some times with that much dodge and evasion.

So far I've only encountered one problem and that is bosses and single target in general. Normally I skip bosses, but for maps like Vault, those gold piles get the better of me. I ended up switching to my boss killer after every clear of Vault just so I won't miss out on a gold pile. Just started investing more on this character so I'm still missing the TS helm enchant so I'm working on that. Any other tips for single target?

A common skill used my mf windrippers is that they use 2 6l (6l windripper and 6l chest). They use the extra 6l with barrage as it is the best single target skill
so whats a good barrage 6L setup for this build?
cause im linking barrage + elemental focus + added cold + gmp + ice bite + elemental damage with attacks and the damage is kinda meh, ...like my tornado shot is still better

but yeah overall im liking the build, im lvl 87 on standard with it now and i occasionally die by a random hit out of nowhere which is kinda frustrating (im swapped my evasion flask for sins rebirth so im like batman now), my gears also not perfect, had to settle for a worse helm just for the 2 tornado projs and a shitty version of goldwyrm with the wrong enchant and my quiver also doesnt have the enchant, so yeah its kinda worse in every aspect but i do have double 6L so thats something - its just useless so far since my gem setup seems to suck :(
is this build still smooth for spider forest/vault maps farm without additional arrow and tornado shot enchant?
"
imrawn wrote:

Maxing out gem levels (added lightning, ice bite) and just leveling up your character (jewel sockets) will dramatically increase your damage. In the earlier leveling stages, single target can be a problem, but eventually, it's no issue.
"
so whats a good barrage 6L setup for this build?
cause im linking barrage + elemental focus + added cold + gmp + ice bite + elemental damage with attacks and the damage is kinda meh, ...like my tornado shot is still better

but yeah overall im liking the build, im lvl 87 on standard with it now and i occasionally die by a random hit out of nowhere which is kinda frustrating (im swapped my evasion flask for sins rebirth so im like batman now), my gears also not perfect, had to settle for a worse helm just for the 2 tornado projs and a shitty version of goldwyrm with the wrong enchant and my quiver also doesnt have the enchant, so yeah its kinda worse in every aspect but i do have double 6L so thats something - its just useless so far since my gem setup seems to suck :(

Barrage is not OP like everyone thinks, unless you have +2 barrage helm, dying sun, and possibly a +1 quiver. Without all that, it's not that much different than ts for single target. Also, GMP is not the best choice for a link on barrage. The extra arrows get diminishing returns if you already have a couple extra projectiles. You'd probably be better off with a damage link. Try damage on full life instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info