Berserkers make other builds impractical :(

Having 40% more damage and 101% life leach is super imbalanced when paired with Vaal Pact; it discourages so many cool build ideas!

Sometimes I'll spend weeks theory crafting builds, trying to understand why Laz or Mark made an item, but I've been hitting this wall A LOT lately where, no matter what, the berserker is the best class to play and can actually do similar(better) things with less effort+gear.

They're even excellent as casters. Sure you might get similar damage out of another class, but not with the life leech sustain. And talk about OP, with scold's bridle available lets light up the whole screen infinitely and trivialize all the content in the game with mediocre gear+Scolds. Idk if this made it passed testing without being noticed and then once it was discovered, since it's had so much hype, you guys have been nervous about changing the mechanics or something, but I would have assumed self inflicting 15% of your hp wasn't ever supposed to be how Savage hits triggered. If it was, at least make it do something along the lines of disabling/reducing Vaal Pact, or only gives leech for melee attacks.

Am i just a giant complainer or are other people kind of fed up with this Berserker meta?
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2017, 1:37:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm so tired of crybabies making GGG nerf everything that is practical instead of buffing what is useless and unusable.

..so many ascendencies have junk passives that don't synergize with anything and ppl always want to nerf the ones that do ..no wonder this game is dying do to excesive nerfs
Last edited by PayneK on Sep 22, 2017, 2:31:02 AM
People like the OP are an issue and just like that berserkers will die because of him and a new meta like slayer comes up he then will cry about it too until nothing in the game is viable.

Like an infection it developers be like YEP WE AGREE WITH U
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Always disappointed to see when somthing just working\not broken and viable called as OP. Phew.

It works? Leave it alone, don`t break.
Better aim to fix the rest what is not working!
It was very obvious from the start when Ascendancies were introduced that Berserker would be an OP class.

I remember arguing with people here on forums (particularly sidtherat) who believed Berserker was actually the weakest class and they wanted him to get more buffs.

"
sidtherat wrote:
TL;DR: Berserk is the weakest class released so far. Not only because of 'numbers' but because it brings nothing new to the table while providing mostly conditional, weak or straight deceptive bonuses. I would not, ever, recommend anyone to pick this class. Ever.

Giggles. It just took a few people to make some builds that properly utilized Berserker for the masses to wake up and see how strong he is.

Answer is not to nerf Berserker but to buff classes that are too weak.
Indeed. Some Templar (hierophant!) ascendencies are pretty bad and could use some buffs here and there.

Trickster, Saboteur as well.

Shrug, GGG will probably nerf Beserker into the ground, so we will all flock to slayer instead...
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
"
ShemsuHor wrote:
Having 40% more damage and 101% life leach is super imbalanced when paired with Vaal Pact; it discourages so many cool build ideas!

*snip*

Am i just a giant complainer or are other people kind of fed up with this Berserker meta?

Sure, lets remove Berserker from the game since he is responsible for discouraging other builds - just like ES build did in 2.6
Now ES is gone, we enjoy more build diversity right? If only Berserker didnt exist that is ofc

/sarcasm

You are a giant complainer and Im not fed up with the Berserker meta.
Im fed up with people, that cry for nerfs because something is better than other things and dont even spend a single second on thinking about consequences.

Your reasoning is basically:
I could do build X with ascendancy Y - but its not optimal, Berserker would be better.
So removing Berserker from the game is the solution. That way your build X with ascendancy Y becomes the optimal way to go - and still is worse then it would have been with Berserker.

If you want to do build X with ascendancy Y - do it.
Noone is stopping you and your build would be as bad/good as it is right now, removing Berserker doesnt change anything but your perception.

All you do is ruining others peoples fun.
Thats why Im fed up with people like you. You are driven by feelings, not logic.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
It was very obvious from the start when Ascendancies were introduced that Berserker would be an OP class.

I remember arguing with people here on forums (particularly sidtherat) who believed Berserker was actually the weakest class and they wanted him to get more buffs.

"
sidtherat wrote:
TL;DR: Berserk is the weakest class released so far. Not only because of 'numbers' but because it brings nothing new to the table while providing mostly conditional, weak or straight deceptive bonuses. I would not, ever, recommend anyone to pick this class. Ever.

Giggles. It just took a few people to make some builds that properly utilized Berserker for the masses to wake up and see how strong he is.

Answer is not to nerf Berserker but to buff classes that are too weak.

Actually, Berserker was buffed in a few different ways since release. War Bringer was mediocre (10% recovery instead of 25%), which means the current RF Berserker meta wasn't actually as strong back then. Pain Reaver and Cloaked in Savagery were also buffed a lot. IIRC (and I might be wrong here) he didn't get global mana leech before, which is the most important thing Berserker offers to casters, and the numbers in CiS were much lower. So in fact, while Berserker was indeed stronger than average on release, it did not even come close to others such as Pathfinder, Slayer, Ascendant etc. in terms of power. Also, most of the class does not work with ES, and while the masses hadn't caught on to how strong CI was yet, it definitely affected his popularity. So in this case, you are absolutely wrong.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
I don't like that he works with spells, the rest can stay once they remove VP.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
I don't like that he works with spells, the rest can stay once they remove VP.

I don't like that leech in general is limited to attacks. How would one play a spell caster without leech for the end game?
devote a gem slot to leech ?

Stop trying to nerf things that work, and ask to buff things that limit build diversity.
even in dnd a berserker caster is a thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info