Berserkers make other builds impractical :(

"
sidtherat wrote:

i asked you to read WHEN i posted it. you failed at that. so ill enumerate: when my thread was created he had 100% increased damage (not 40% more) and savage hit was 20% not 15%

Ahhh I see, so you are arguing that changing Aspect of Carnage from 100% increased damage to 40% more damage, more than a year ago, and a 5% threshold change, is what changed Berserker from "weakest class released so far" to the "OP" class he is today?

Makes sense.

"
sidtherat wrote:
when VP is removed stuff will get back to normal. weaker but not broken. if some cannot cope with game slowing down - so be it. colateral.

VP removal will make the game "Get back to normal" ?? Slow down the game??

You are quite mistaken.

You have a chronic problem with strong builds, I thought you would have learned by now that constantly trying to nerf strong builds instead of buffing weak builds only creates more balance problems while reducing build diveresity.

I remember you whining about ES. You are happy ES got nerfed, instead of life getting buffed. Now you have 2 issues: average life build is still facing the SAME problems from before, and the average ES build now has its own set of issues. So what exactly did you solve?

You had the same rational with Labyrinth - you were so adamant it would would punish "glass cannons" and finally force people to slow down. Hehe. Look how well that worked out. Didn't learn anything from that clearly.

More HP on bosses will slow down strong builds? Also solved nothing. Those "strong builds" are still obliterating bosses just fine and dandy, while the average Joe build is now struggling with content they should not be struggling with.

Great "balancing" work though, B+ all round for the display of effort.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 23, 2017, 8:51:06 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

A bit surely, normal leech is capped so investing in dps past a certain point gives no direct survivability benefit. Well, it was always a shaky point, dps already indirectly contributes to survivablity because dead enemies deal no damage and if you stack direct benefit on top of it investing in it becomes too important.

I say 'investing' there, but damage can come from all sorts of places these days, it isn't like in early days when more of it came from the tree, dps and survivability aren't butting heads as much as they should either.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 23, 2017, 9:10:04 AM
I was playing with my toys, they were living in peace until that fucking brutal dinasaur came from nowhere. His name is Berserkerius Rex.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
Ceryneian wrote:

"
sidtherat wrote:
when VP is removed stuff will get back to normal. weaker but not broken. if some cannot cope with game slowing down - so be it. colateral.

You are quite mistaken.

You have a chronic problem with strong builds, I thought you would have learned by now that constantly trying to nerf strong builds instead of buffing weak builds only creates more balance problems while reducing build diveresity.

I remember you whining about ES. You are happy ES got nerfed, instead of life getting buffed. Now you have 2 issues: average life build is still facing the SAME problems from before, and the average ES build now has its own set of issues. So what exactly did you solve?

You had the same rational with Labyrinth - you were so adamant it would would punish "glass cannons" and finally force people to slow down. Hehe. Look how well that worked out. Didn't learn anything from that clearly.

More HP on bosses will slow down strong builds? Also solved nothing. Those "strong builds" are still obliterating bosses just fine and dandy, while the average Joe build is now struggling with content they should not be struggling with.

Great "balancing" work though, B+ all round for the display of effort.

Sid's pathetic balancing suggestions coupled with his false sage predictions... it got ridiculous in 2015. Now its just pathetic. Guess why he got a grudge against working builds - because his builds are TRASH and he is unable to make good builds on his own. Its the kind of person that envies anyone who got a better build (and making him envy is easy to achieve). Therefore he made it his personal mission to spam the forum with shit suggestions in the hope to make other peoples builds as trashy shit as his own are.

What will change if vaal pact is removed and endgame damage is rebalanced?

Everyone will play slayer nothing else will change except that there will be even less viable builds to choose from the narrow funnel of nerfs.

Build diversity in 3.0?

HAHAHHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAA

please.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
Good thing IceFrog never listened to people like you, because all he ever did was buffed underused heroes/items. And I'm pretty sure DotA 2 is far more successful than PoE, and started literally as a fucking custom map for WC3.

???
Icefrog nerfed heroes and items all the time.

---

When calling Berserker op, people always seem to forget the "10% increased damage taken".

That's the same as "reserving 10% of your health pool with aura+BM", and can easily cost you 800+ life.

IceFrog nerfs things that are grossly overpowered, for the most part he buffs other things or introduces new things to indirectly 'nerf' the most popular thing at the moment. When farming was too strong, he introduced weaker towers, smokes, limited wards, etc.
so basically GGG shot themselves in the foot at the very beggining with their build "diversity" and everybody can do anything attitude. This design decision makes the balancing nearly if not fully impassible. As a result of the balancing attempts by GGG the diversiti slowly dissapears.

P.s. How many skills and supports is there in the game? and how many of them are actually really used by players
"
kovarda wrote:
P.s. How many skills and supports is there in the game? and how many of them are actually really used by players

By unofficial stats, top 6 main skills are used by a bit over half of the playerbase over level 70.
What's your point? :)

Last edited by raics on Sep 23, 2017, 3:26:12 PM
"
All the time before ES nerfs Berserker seemed to be fine for most people.

Obviously so, it was fine compared to the stuff that was more broken at the time. See how the power ceiling is lowering and people are still destroying the game? That means there's a lot more overhead left to grind down.

"
raics wrote:
That means there's a lot more overhead left to grind down.

Until the game is destroyed.
It's a fairly healthy game, not a fruit fly.

Or not, if destroying the hardest content effortlessly is the only appeal it has now, maybe there isn't much life left in it anyway.

Last edited by raics on Sep 23, 2017, 4:31:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info