People take this game way to seriously...

Not too surprising. A lot of no lifes play the game. Of course they are going to take it too seriously.
Standard Forever
"
Slizzered wrote:
Just look how many times you'll see some fuckboy running their mouth, harassing someone, causing a disturbance etc. and then as soon as someone gives them a dose of ackrite they're quick to say "I'm calling the cops".

Probably never, nobody wants to get his ass kicked again. A good avatar of law and order acts on the premise that it's far better to be proactive about it and dole out a few slaps where he shouldn't than skip doing it where he should, nobody is entirely innocent anyway. A lot like Dr. House, really.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
^I like the way you think
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
I was perusing reddit

There's your problem right there.
Never liked threads like this. You cant judge how someone acts in real life based on how they post on topics related to a video game. Each person values things differently from you, so what if they are more strong-opinionated about the subject than you are? Its fine to judge them and call them out as shitty human beings? So repulsive.....
Don't forget about the lab & trial threads!
"
Are there really that many angsty teenagers that play this game?

Like are POE players really this socially inept?

Yes and Yes.
95% of my experiences have been positive or neutral but there will be that 5% suffering from severe mental issues and quick to anger at little or no provocation. The general community actually playing the game is not as toxic and socially inept as the forums would like to believe.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Sep 27, 2017, 12:23:34 PM
It's not the actual opinion that's the problem. It's the presentation. If someone wants to present a reasonable argument for a minority position I'll be happy to discuss it with them.

What happens 99% of the time is a ridiculous display of hyperbole. It's this and that is bullshit and GGG is evil/greedy/stupid. And everyone that disagrees with me is a white knight/elitist. And OMG GGG ruined everything and the game is dying. YOU'LL SEE!!!!!! Just look at my biased interpretation of incomplete data!

If you act like a shitty human being, expect to be treated like a shitty human being.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
You cant judge how someone acts in real life based on how they post on topics related to a video game.

As far as judging goes; of course you can. Your actions define you. If you act like a moron, you are a moron, at least partly. If the internet and anonymity makes you go "full retard", it counts towards who you are. The internet doesn't "excuse" idiotic behavior just because it's the internet.

And I request the right to judge someone who - in a video game debate/chat - goes "full retard", with verbal assaults, attacks and generally idiotic behavior.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Sep 27, 2017, 3:46:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info