People take this game way to seriously...

"
Antigegner wrote:
"
Like are POE players really this socially inept or are all communities like this?

the world is like that, check youtube comments

This

Guys for anyone who didnt know or did social studies but still dont know (cough charan) the internet is statistically a twellve year old. What did you guys expect?
"
zzang wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
Like are POE players really this socially inept or are all communities like this?

the world is like that, check youtube comments

This

Guys for anyone who didnt know or did social studies but still dont know (cough charan) the internet is statistically a twellve year old. What did you guys expect?

Don't fall victim to the cancerous "both sides are the same" viewpoint some ignorant people have regarding politics. Not all groups are the same. Some are far, far worse than others.

Reddit, being absolutely massive, can easily give examples of this. You can go to subreddits like r/knitting or r/vegan and find fairly good communities. You can go to subreddits like r/the_donald or almost any gaming subreddit with more than 10 people and find some of the most repulsive human beings in existence.

Some communities are fantastic, while others are horrible. Some organizations are good, while others are bad. Believing they're all the same takes an astounding level of ignorance or reality denial. "The Internet" isn't statistically 12. The Internet is a conglomeration of human beings. We're not all the same. The groups we form are many and varied.
Yeah, egoistic idiots will always be egoistic idiots, and will always view everything from their own, narrow point of view. If THEY play the game to streamline Shaper, everything that isn't capable of doing that, is "n00b shit" not worthy of of their time, beside bashing it with even more immature language than mine.

And yes, idiots have a tendency to be loud. Defining/generalizing a whole community based on them, is a bad idea. The best idea? Find a smaller, more suited community.

PS: I don't believe in the whole "this is internet, deal with it" part. Call me utopic, but I still believe in Edmund Burke's famous quote: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". The "internet" isn't an OK excuse for being a dick.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Sep 24, 2017, 6:05:16 PM
exiles, *spits*
Chill Jams
Please. When I was doing social studies it was all about how this new thing called "TV" was changing American politics.
I think most of these occur because how the game is designed. For ex: Most valuable item, Headhunter which is let's say 75 exalted. If an average guy who wants to get the headhunter invests 3 hour per day and gather 3 exalted, he needs 25 days to get it. That is huge. 3 hours a day is already a big investment and he needs to maintain this for 25 days.

Lets say this guy plays d2. He wants enigma armour. It is hard to get the runes but he is determined to get them. But after 5 days, he is bored and he doesnt want to grind anymore. What will he do? He just plug in the single player and test the fucking armour experience how great it is and move on. He had his fun, its either over or continue playing. In poe he needs to grind boring maps for 25 days.

So its natural for him to attack the builds he sees inefficient and act like a cunt. It is so obvious in the game everybody is efficiency maniac. They see everything if it is beneficial to them or not. Even a couple years ago, i gave a newbie carcass jack for free because he told me he needs it and dont have the currency, other members of his guild are responding as if i am doing something extraordinary. I just wanted him to have fun lol. So this "design" is making people bad in my opinion.
Last edited by ariakas6165 on Sep 25, 2017, 1:07:11 PM
"
ariakas6165 wrote:

So its natural for him to attack the builds he sees inefficient and act like a cunt. It is so obvious in the game everybody is efficiency maniac. They see everything if it is beneficial to them or not. Even a couple years ago, i gave a newbie carcass jack for free because he told me he needs and dont have currency, the other members of his guild are responding as if i am doing something extraordinary. I just wanted him to have fun lol. So this "design" is making people bad in my opinion.

Not everyone is an efficiency freak, I'm not one either, but I like to do endgame content and for that there's a big difference between builds, that clear let's say a guardian map in 3 mins deathless and a build, that somehow slugs trough it in half an hour and dies 5 times to the boss.

Therefore if there's an in game mechanism discussed, I'm going to give my opinion based on how it works in that environment, and I don't care if it is a well working thing on blood aqueducts or low tier maps, if it sucks ass on the content I want to do, then it is garbage for me.

On the other hand, reddit "meta freaks" are a different thing, I bet a stack of exalts on it, half of them don't even know what they are doing.
Last edited by krenderke on Sep 25, 2017, 1:19:08 PM
"
ariakas6165 wrote:

So its natural for him to attack the builds he sees inefficient and act like a cunt. It is so obvious in the game everybody is efficiency maniac. They see everything if it is beneficial to them or not. Even a couple years ago, i gave a newbie carcass jack for free because he told me he needs it and dont have the currency, other members of his guild are responding as if i am doing something extraordinary. I just wanted him to have fun lol. So this "design" is making people bad in my opinion.

This is a very interesting take on it. I agree to some extent that starvation based games cause a "dog eat dog" mentality where the hyper efficient are praised and the others are "filthy casuals".

It's unfortunate actually. I'm actually with the school of thought that if items would be more accessible people play more. The numbers of the Perandus league were proof to me enough. I can't believe how many people played that league for it's full duration, myself included. I couldn't stop rerolling!

When was the next time I did that? Legacy league where all of those similar mechanics were present.

Gear acquisition is super fun, but this game turns it into a job very quickly.
"
It's unfortunate actually. I'm actually with the school of thought that if items would be more accessible people play more. The numbers of the Perandus league were proof to me enough. I can't believe how many people played that league for it's full duration, myself included. I couldn't stop rerolling!

Yeah i was playing d2 in private server with around 250-300 people playing during peak times. Because it was not battle.net and the player base were small, the drop rates were much higher than battle.net. People were enjoying themselves, trying other different builds, giving away things free, helping each other etc. Then in one league reset, people wanted to try battle.net drop rates because best gear comes relatively easily. Guess what happened in that league. The nicest people began to act like cunts, even lowest runes are not given without strict trade and overall helpful community become not so helpful. And the count of people play during peak times droped to 50 from 300 at half of the league. I was one of the quitted also. After that league they reverted the drop rates back.

So it is important i think to have the balance between grinding, fun etc
Last edited by ariakas6165 on Sep 25, 2017, 2:10:04 PM
It's a mix of human nature and societal failings.

Humans are destructive, selfish and shortsighted by nature. Some societies have evolved past this, mostly tribal societies since they wouldn't survive otherwise. Then you have societies who have adopted the European societal nature of grabbing everything you can get your filthy paws on while completely disregarding anyone who may be hurt in the process.

It also doesn't help that the majority of people are pussies. Just look how many times you'll see some fuckboy running their mouth, harassing someone, causing a disturbance etc. and then as soon as someone gives them a dose of ackrite they're quick to say "I'm calling the cops". Now you give these cowards a vehicle to spout their nonsense (the interwebs) while being anonymous and for the most part out of reach and you get to see just how vile of a person they really are.

How they were raised also plays a huge part in it. Look at the countries where they demonize anyone who disciplines their child with corporal punishment, people need to grasp the simple fact that there is a huge gap being discipline and abuse, and you'll see they have a vastly higher rate of mass shootings, serial killers, rapists etc. in comparison to countries where parents actually discipline their kids. Even if someone doesn't end up at one of those extreme ends of the spectrum they're much more likely to be a grade A cunt than someone from a country that believes in effective disciplinary action.

Iono maybe I'm just rambling on like a crazy man but I feel there isn't enough accountability nowadays, too many people talking big shit because they know they won't have to see the hands.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info