[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

"
Dongaldo wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Really glad I picked those up before the announcement of BotW...

Also, Dongaldo, why aren't you using Glacial anymore? Was it worse? Is there another reason?

Sweet gloves!

It wasn't "worse" it just played differently than what I like. The name locking on mobs didn't feel great, the threshold jewel AoE was less than Ice Crash. The freezing was nice. The namelocking felt fine on bosses. It was just different.

Run with Glacial Hammer and see it how feels. Would only take coloring the blue socket to a red and you're off. The damage is about the same, it's just the feel to me. You might like how it plays.

Thanks!

I noticed on POB it's actually very much the same. The DPS of Ice Crash is slight higher and it has much higher damage per hit but much slower. (obviously with Multistrike in Glacial setup)

I'm leveling right now with Ice Crash and as much as I love the look of the skill, I guess I have actually gotten used to the way namelocking works on melee. Hitting the ground feels weird to me, even though sometimes when I missclick a mob, I don't get so punished with Ice Crash, because it still hits. Other times though, when things are behind even a tiny rock, the Ice Crash doesn't hit the mob at all, even though the animation/explosion goes right through him and I have 100% chance to hit. I know it's because line of sight, but it just feels weird to me.

I just feel like Glacial has more "stuff" going for it. 25% freeze, more chill/freeze duration, 30% more effect of chill and 33% "culling strike" on frozen targets, even though it doesn't work on bosses. It's interesting to note that freeze chance offers increased clear speed as well through Herald of Ice, as the herald requires a frozen target to be slain to proc the AOE damage part.

Our setups are so close together, it really doesn't take much to switch between them, so I'll just build for Glacial and try Ice Crash later to see how I like it, then make a choice. Thanks for the answer.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Oct 6, 2017, 7:15:38 PM
ty for build
in lvl72 uber lab farmable (fully buffed izaro) with The Pandemonius (at least 4.5k hp)
This build is awesome. I'm currently leveling it and enjoying every moment. But question, what is the new chaos firestorm build you are playing? I've always wanted to play something similar. Do you have a guide for it?
"
l3sfin3st wrote:
This build is awesome. I'm currently leveling it and enjoying every moment. But question, what is the new chaos firestorm build you are playing? I've always wanted to play something similar. Do you have a guide for it?

You sneaky devil. No guide for it. Just an idea to make Volkuur's Guidance actually poison and do damage. Chose to do Wither, Cast While Channeling Firestorm. In theorycrafting I found that fire damage and it's associated ailment (burning) actually scale the poison from Valkuur's Guidance as if it's also burning damage. So anything that increases elemental damage, fire damage or burning damage also scales the poison, including Elemental Overload.

Here is the pastebin for it level 81 right now. https://pastebin.com/5U6PfL6s

Here is a brief Video on a T10 boss. https://youtu.be/lYBzDzTceJw

"
akanah wrote:

Every kind of Scion build that I can make has more life but far, far less damage than the Inquisitor version. I mean, literally half the damage, no matter how much I try to build for it. 40% more inc life though.

Damn this is sad, I hate the male characters and ranger is not my fav also so I started as scion, the leveling with ice crash is the best after leveling 5 characters but the ascension possibilities are just awful. Did you count the +2 jewels? That's atleast 25% attack speed.
Last edited by drbokorkati on Oct 7, 2017, 4:58:58 AM
"
drbokorkati wrote:
"
akanah wrote:

Every kind of Scion build that I can make has more life but far, far less damage than the Inquisitor version. I mean, literally half the damage, no matter how much I try to build for it. 40% more inc life though.

Damn this is sad, I hate the male characters and ranger is not my fav also so I started as scion, the leveling with ice crash is the best after leveling 5 characters but the ascension possibilities are just awful. Did you count the +2 jewels? That's atleast 25% attack speed.

I did, unfortunately. And Onslaught too. I didn't leave out anything.
I tried several setups on PoB, but I couldn't make it work. The best possible damage I could get out of Scion was roughly 65% of what Inquisitor does effortlessly. Like I said though, it does have more life and higher attack speed, due to more efficient pathing possibilities, more jewels and more points to spend. Just the ascendancy itself adds next to no nothing, outside the points and pathing, and it just doesn't make enough of a difference.

You could try elementalist if you're really keen on a female character. It gets less life yet, but free shocks for much superior damage, ele reflect reduction and golems to tank for you. Also has access to the AOE cluster nearby to add a little to that radius. It's also a melee witch... Melee. Witch.

You'll probably be forced to use Glacial Hammer over Ice Crash though, due to the fact I doubt you'll be able to get as far as those ranger points on the tree before running out of points to spend and that means you wouldn't have the conversion with Ice Crash. Glacial does with jewels regardless.

I don't have time to build you one right now or I'd check. Try it on PoB. Give it some thought. :)

Last edited by Xavathos on Oct 7, 2017, 10:51:00 AM
Quick update on my progress: Stop! Hammer time.

I've reached the point where I can use the mace and where the build is coming together. Now having a good mace makes me able to use Glacial Hammer finally! And...

Well I'm not going to use Multistrike, because hitting three times for things that 9/10 times die in one hit, keeping you in place swinging at air is so flipping annoying. So I'm going to use:

Glacial -> WED -> Ruth -> Add Cold -> Hypo -> Ice Bite.

I'm also going to take 2 extra frenzy charges on the tree and +1 max frenzy on boots, so that Ice Bite becomes a second added cold with additional freeze chance to boot.

I'm having the time of my life with this skill and I much prefer it over Ice Crash! According to PoB, the difference in AOE radius is 18 compared to Ice Crash's 26. Not TOO bad, I guess. Especially considering the outer ring of Ice Crash is the one that does the least damage. Stuff still dies and the extra procs from Herald of Ice due to the massive freeze chance I have, makes it almost the same AOE radius in total. Without curse my freeze chance is 85% with Glacial Ice Bite setup. With curse it's at 99. That's almost every single mob that dies will proc herald ice explosion.

Also, Gore Herald with HoI. <3

Last edited by Xavathos on Oct 7, 2017, 10:43:33 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:

I've reached the point where I can use the mace and where the build is coming together. Now having a good mace makes me able to use Glacial Hammer finally! And...

Well I'm not going to use Multistrike, because hitting three times for things that 9/10 times die in one hit, keeping you in place swinging at air is so flipping annoying. So I'm going to use:

I'm also going to take 2 extra frenzy charges on the tree and +1 max frenzy on boots, so that Ice Bite becomes a second added cold with additional freeze chance to boot.

I'm having the time of my life with this skill and I much prefer it over Ice Crash! According to PoB, the difference in AOE radius is 18 compared to Ice Crash's 26. Not TOO bad, I guess. Especially considering the outer ring of Ice Crash is the one that does the least damage. Stuff still dies and the extra procs from Herald of Ice due to the massive freeze chance I have, makes it almost the same AOE radius in total. Without curse my freeze chance is 85% with Glacial Ice Bite setup. With curse it's at 99. That's almost every single mob that dies will proc herald ice explosion.

Impressive. Using Frenzy on bosses to keep charges up?

Curious to see how this high freeze chance keeps up in red maps. Perma-Freeze Glacial Hammer? Yes please.
"
Dongaldo wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Impressive. Using Frenzy on bosses to keep charges up?

Curious to see how this high freeze chance keeps up in red maps. Perma-Freeze Glacial Hammer? Yes please.

I'm very curious as well. Will keep you posted.

Also I'm not currently planning on using Frenzy to keep up charges on bosses, as they usually have adds that, since I have some duration from taking the frenzy charge on the tree, will be there in time. Between the 69% chance of Ice Bite and the 25% chance on Blood Rage, I should get a charge renewal from at most 2 mob kills. If I do end up doing a lot of bosses without adds, like Atziri or something, I do have an empty socket for Frenzy currently housing my golem that I just put there for giggles.

Last edited by Xavathos on Oct 7, 2017, 1:45:09 PM
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
drbokorkati wrote:
"
akanah wrote:

I did, unfortunately. And Onslaught too. I didn't leave out anything.
I tried several setups on PoB, but I couldn't make it work. The best possible damage I could get out of Scion was roughly 65% of what Inquisitor does effortlessly. Like I said though, it does have more life and higher attack speed, due to more efficient pathing possibilities, more jewels and more points to spend. Just the ascendancy itself adds next to no nothing, outside the points and pathing, and it just doesn't make enough of a difference.

You could try elementalist if you're really keen on a female character. It gets less life yet, but free shocks for much superior damage, ele reflect reduction and golems to tank for you. Also has access to the AOE cluster nearby to add a little to that radius. It's also a melee witch... Melee. Witch.

You'll probably be forced to use Glacial Hammer over Ice Crash though, due to the fact I doubt you'll be able to get as far as those ranger points on the tree before running out of points to spend and that means you wouldn't have the conversion with Ice Crash. Glacial does with jewels regardless.

I don't have time to build you one right now or I'd check. Try it on PoB. Give it some thought. :)

I just go with templar, got some nice leveling items. Is there a way to get decent aoe for glacial early? I'm tired of sunder xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info