[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

"
dupie wrote:
Nice build and guide, the enchant "ancestral warchief totem grants 30% increased melee damage while active" is a nice budget option. Would be nice if you could drop videos down to 1080p windowed for recording purposes :).

Edit: I'm not convinced with the builds defense, even with pandemonius it just has too low EHP for a melee build, would definitely not feel comfortable at all for HC.

Thanks for the feedback on the videos. I'll have to figure out how to do that.
"
@Child_Of_Hundreds and Xavathos - if you're actively playing this build.... one thing I really wanted to do was take advantage of the Frostbreath double damage and Lycosidae adds cold damage to counterattacks. This is why there is a random Vengeance skill in my setup. It was left over from a Vengenace + Reckoning + Added Cold + Elemental Damage with Attack setup.

i thought this as well, basically we got 275 raw damage from lycosidae which is basically another added cold, so over all we got more or less 2k damage dealt to enemy when triggered, it could be useful with serkers' full leech, but i would hesitate to use 4l for it. the problem for counteratack is each skill is effectively a 30% efficient attack skill while totally depend on enemy's attack speed, this make it hard to use.

another thought, kaoms root would be quite good with this build,it wasnt socket starved anyway, tho you have to find that much resist. btw, your glove is not 10c now, not for a long while. but its actually ok, i find the difference with add cold on glove to be within 4%, not too much when you level up both hoi and add cold.
"
"
@Child_Of_Hundreds and Xavathos - if you're actively playing this build.... one thing I really wanted to do was take advantage of the Frostbreath double damage and Lycosidae adds cold damage to counterattacks. This is why there is a random Vengeance skill in my setup. It was left over from a Vengenace + Reckoning + Added Cold + Elemental Damage with Attack setup.

i thought this as well, basically we got 275 raw damage from lycosidae which is basically another added cold, so over all we got more or less 2k damage dealt to enemy when triggered, it could be useful with serkers' full leech, but i would hesitate to use 4l for it. the problem for counteratack is each skill is effectively a 30% efficient attack skill while totally depend on enemy's attack speed, this make it hard to use.

another thought, kaoms root would be quite good with this build,it wasnt socket starved anyway, tho you have to find that much resist. btw, your glove is not 10c now, not for a long while. but its actually ok, i find the difference with add cold on glove to be within 4%, not too much when you level up both hoi and add cold.

Really glad I picked those up before the announcement of BotW...

Also, Dongaldo, why aren't you using Glacial anymore? Was it worse? Is there another reason?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Hi everyone, first of all, English language is not my native, I'm sorry if it's hard to understand my wall of text.

I am really interested in this build, as I progress with my two mains for challenges, I wanna see how far I can go with that budget build.

More important, this build seems really fun to me, it has all I love in it, pure melee, shield, remember me of my zealot Pala I loved so much back in d2 times.

I have few decisions to make tho.
I play only hc
I think Templar can be hc viable, if I take more life nodes at the cost of a few dmg nodes, but i really wanted to try a Scion, for once.

Do you think an ascendant Templar + raider could make it?

The summary would be :

Elemental dmg
Concerted ground + elements dmg rdc
Free onslaught at full frenzy charges
Movespeed

Along with tons of free dexterity strategies intelligent, il would jump to raider starting point to gain few nodes.

I hesitate between glacial hammer (lol I love this skill) and ice crash of course, too
"
akanah wrote:
Hi everyone, first of all, English language is not my native, I'm sorry if it's hard to understand my wall of text.

I am really interested in this build, as I progress with my two mains for challenges, I wanna see how far I can go with that budget build.

More important, this build seems really fun to me, it has all I love in it, pure melee, shield, remember me of my zealot Pala I loved so much back in d2 times.

I have few decisions to make tho.
I play only hc
I think Templar can be hc viable, if I take more life nodes at the cost of a few dmg nodes, but i really wanted to try a Scion, for once.

Do you think an ascendant Templar + raider could make it?

The summary would be :

Elemental dmg
Concerted ground + elements dmg rdc
Free onslaught at full frenzy charges
Movespeed

Along with tons of free dexterity strategies intelligent, il would jump to raider starting point to gain few nodes.

I hesitate between glacial hammer (lol I love this skill) and ice crash of course, too

Every kind of Scion build that I can make has more life but far, far less damage than the Inquisitor version. I mean, literally half the damage, no matter how much I try to build for it. 40% more inc life though.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
What if i use taste of hate instead of atziri's promise? is there going to be a big difference in dps?
Last edited by MechaRbsc on Oct 6, 2017, 5:14:11 PM
Thanks for the answer, the lower dmg should solve the reflect pblm, I will try it then.
If it really lacks dmg and doesn't work i will remake as Templar, if I have the time.
It's sad Scion seems so hard to use on an active build (I mean not like rf or totems)
"

I keep of roots in my inventory. Swap into them for temp chains maps. Would love to work out a way to keep them on at all times.
"
What if i use taste of hate instead of atziri's promise? is there going to be a big difference in dps?

It's small damage increased. More defense against phys damage. If you can afford one, go for it.
"
Xavathos wrote:

Really glad I picked those up before the announcement of BotW...

Also, Dongaldo, why aren't you using Glacial anymore? Was it worse? Is there another reason?

Sweet gloves!

It wasn't "worse" it just played differently than what I like. The name locking on mobs didn't feel great, the threshold jewel AoE was less than Ice Crash. The freezing was nice. The namelocking felt fine on bosses. It was just different.

Run with Glacial Hammer and see it how feels. Would only take coloring the blue socket to a red and you're off. The damage is about the same, it's just the feel to me. You might like how it plays.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info