[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

"
TinieWenie wrote:
Are there some good items i can use to replace the cheap uniques? Or are those all mandatory? Thanks

I had the same question about optimisation in expensive gear, so I try to optimise that with the below stuff, and find something interesting I hope (and thx to Xavathos and Dongaldo for this build, i love it): (edit 2 : i did a price estimation at the end of the post )

I use 2 "The taming ring", and invest 2 point of the tree in the elemental node to the right to optimise them (+10% chance to freeze/shock/ignite with them).
I use the perfect form as Divano said and his change to the tree wth abyss jewel instead cold steel and heart of the warrior on the tree (good job to him).

I grab a lycosidae to take elemental overload, making it proc with the orb of storm/increase critical strike chance more reliable on bosses for me.
I take the pandemonius jade amulet too.

With all the resist thx to The taming*2, I take the abyss belt with 2 jewel slot, with flat life and cold dammage*2 on each+ attack speed, the bonus *50 for the both is amazing. It's like a + 1 free abyss jewel on the tree in my opinion.

Running grace give me a 50% phys damage reduction, 62% with the free artic armor due to the chest, and phase acrobatic is just a 1/3 chance no damages from spell. Stronk !

I find a rare boots with a lot of rez for max 75 needed, and take tombfist

I try deidbellow, seems really better with DPS than strakonja

In the tree, I put 3 abyss jewel with the*2 flat cold damages, and 1 classic jewel with *3 attack speed. I try to get life on most of them

Everything together is expensive and farming poe.trade and the map was a good end game goal for me. I feel super resiliant and really strong when switching increased area dammages for concentrated effect on bosses.

I can still optimise all of the gear with better rolls eveywhere, but have to farm and trade much more. And dont take a look too close to the gem link, i am doing some tests :) And I have to level up all my gems until level 20, made the 20% quality myself when they first reach level 20 xD

Price estimation, the complete stuff is at the moment is around : 3,3 Ex *2 (the taming*2) + 3,5 Ex (Lycosidae)+ 1,8 Ex (Pandemonius) + 7 Ex (6 linked The perfect form) + 1,8 Ex (tombfist) + 1 Ex (boots 70 life + mvm speed + 2*45 resist) + 6 chaos (helmet, weapon, belt) + 60 chaos (6*abyss jewels with life and 2 flat cold damages lines). So a betwin 22 and 23 Ex Total. A good goal :)

Last edited by dibdib2 on Jan 4, 2018, 5:06:52 AM
"
dibdib2 wrote:
"
TinieWenie wrote:
Are there some good items i can use to replace the cheap uniques? Or are those all mandatory? Thanks

I had the same question about optimisation in expensive gear, so I try to optimise that with the below stuff, and find something interesting I hope (and thx to Xavathos and Dongaldo for this build, i love it):

This is what i was looking for! I like the changes to the gear and the tree! Excited to try out ice crash for the first time
Hey Everyone!

Started following this guide and I really love it so far! Just one thing ... I'm 45 right now but struggling pretty hard with mana consumption. I'm pretty much constantly chugging potions which is fine as long as their are enough enemies around but feels a little clunky ... The gear you're using doesn't have much mana on it either, so I was wondering what I could do to alleviate those issues!
"
dibdib2 wrote:
"
TinieWenie wrote:

I had the same question about optimisation in expensive gear, so I try to optimise that with the below stuff, and find something interesting I hope (and thx to Xavathos and Dongaldo for this build, i love it): (edit 1 : change helmet, boots and loves)

I use 2 "The taming ring", and invest 2 point of the tree in the elemental node to the right to optimise them (+10% chance to freeze/shock/ignite with them).
I use the perfect form as Divano said and his change to the tree wth abyss jewel instead cold steel and heart of the warrior on the tree (good job to him).

I grab a lycosidae to take elemental overload, making it proc with the orb of storm/increase critical strike chance more reliable on bosses for me.
I take the pandemonius jade amulet too.

With all the resist thx to The taming*2, I take the abyss belt with 2 jewel slot, with flat life and cold dammage*2 on each+ attack speed, the bonus *50 for the both is amazing. It's like a + 1 free abyss jewel on the tree in my opinion.

Running grace give me a 50% phys damage reduction, 62% with the free artic armor due to the chest, and phase acrobatic is just a 1/3 chance no damages from spell. Stronk !

I find a rare boots with a lot of rez for max 75 needed, and take tombfist

I try deidbellow, seems really better with DPS than strakonja

In the tree, I put 3 abyss jewel with the*2 flat cold damages, and 1 classic jewel with *3 attack speed. I try to get life on most of them

Everything together is expensive and farming poe.trade and the map was a good end game goal for me. I feel super resiliant and really strong when switching increased area dammages for concentrated effect on bosses.

I can still optimise all of the gear with better rolls eveywhere, but have to farm and trade much more. And dont take a look too close to the gem link, i am doing some tests :) And I have to level up all my gems until level 20, made the 20% quality myself when they first reach level 20 xD

You sir are a hero!
"
Kasui86 wrote:
Hey Everyone!

Started following this guide and I really love it so far! Just one thing ... I'm 45 right now but struggling pretty hard with mana consumption. I'm pretty much constantly chugging potions which is fine as long as their are enough enemies around but feels a little clunky ... The gear you're using doesn't have much mana on it either, so I was wondering what I could do to alleviate those issues!

The life and mana leech on the path to Vitality Void solves all issues.
"
Dongaldo wrote:
"
Kasui86 wrote:
Hey Everyone!

The life and mana leech on the path to Vitality Void solves all issues.

Yeah, I removed some points from the no longer mandatory jewel sockets and leveled a bit to put get the required points to put into the vit/mana leach to Vitality Void. Totally worked! Awesome build btw! Love it so far!!
does multi strike not work well in this build?
"
Guvnah153 wrote:
does multi strike not work well in this build?

Multistrike is not possible with the ice crash skill gem (written in the gem description).
But on consecrated ground (ascendency) and with jewel/tree/stuff and blood rage you have enough attack speed to dont care about multistrike
Last edited by dibdib2 on Jan 5, 2018, 7:58:00 AM
Do you think taste of hate would be better than promise?
"
Guvnah153 wrote:
Do you think taste of hate would be better than promise?

I dont know, i am not using it, i am using the Dongaldo set up

And it's working pretty well, maybe you can change rumy with taste of hate, but because we already have a lot of our physical damages converted to cold, i am not convinced about the DPS boost. I am more exited about the defensive bonuses that taste of hate give (extra cold resist and physical mitigation)
Last edited by dibdib2 on Jan 5, 2018, 10:24:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info