[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

"
reezagent wrote:
Is the attack speed from ambidexterity applied to ice crash? It sounds like it isn't global

https://youtu.be/wNR0O6dA6xw
"
Dongaldo wrote:
"
reezagent wrote:
Is the attack speed from ambidexterity applied to ice crash? It sounds like it isn't global

It isn't global. But Ice Crash requires a mace to use and can't be used with swords.

Since we're using a sword and a mace, you can simply equip the mace in your off-hand and the game will use your off-hand for Ice Crash or Glacial Hammer automatically, applying the 20% attack speed every hit.

Remember to slot a Cold Steel in the jewel socket nearby, it is better even than high rolled Abyss jewels.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Quick question

So the 'middle' leveling tree here poeurl.com/bIfn has me picking up the shield nodes, but then the later tree has dual wielding nodes. Is that just an oversight when editing the guide or am I respeccing somewhere?
Hello,

I just want to thank you :D
I started following your guide/build and after i changed something around to make the guide work for me. I tried to play with Ice crush but in the end i didn't like the skill so i switched to Molten Strike. Now I have an Hybrid Fire/ice build (the majority of the damage is ice by the way), is not optimized and I am a terrible player, but for now It works very well :)

If u want to check here is my pastebin: https://pastebin.com/EC6U8Vr4

The char is low level (only 80) but since level 74-75 i am doing t8 map without problems (hope this will continue :D ).
As u can see i did some change to survive little more, the amulet give me a lot of sustain (I mean a LOT) using flasks with "increase recovery rate".
For the whole equipment I spent less than 40c (15 chest, 14 tasalio, 1 amu, 1 gloves, 4 all jewels, 1 alch the mace, other stuff self found).

Ty very much, enjoy, just my 2 cents. :)

Nico
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Dongaldo wrote:
"
reezagent wrote:

It isn't global. But Ice Crash requires a mace to use and can't be used with swords.

Since we're using a sword and a mace, you can simply equip the mace in your off-hand and the game will use your off-hand for Ice Crash or Glacial Hammer automatically, applying the 20% attack speed every hit.

Remember to slot a Cold Steel in the jewel socket nearby, it is better even than high rolled Abyss jewels.

Um no? Ice Crash can be used by literally any weapon and even without one.
Furthermore it doesn't alternate hands which means if your mace is in the off hand, you're only hitting with the sword.
So you either have to use GH for the speed boost, or just get the phys damage.
So I decided to try out this build this league... pretty solid overall.

Here is my pastebin currently if anyone wants to check it out: https://pastebin.com/pTcSd8pD

I did some similar stuff to your original build, but swapped a few pieces around to get more life and defense as well as took advantage of the new abyssal items and jewels.

Also, I went with The Perform Form for the extra defense from arctic armour + increased evasion from uncapped cold resist + phase acrobatics. Also, I sometimes switch out haste for grace for extra phys dmg reduction vs certain bosses as needed.

I'm also using Orb of Storms, which lets me proc Elemental Overload, which wasn't proccing enough I felt without.

Also, I found that skipping out on the Defiance + Retaliation + Cold steel and instead getting a solid abyss jewel + using the extra 5 points on more defensive passives (heart of oak/Heart of the warrior) was helpful for survival.

With the current setup, I can easily complete all content (about 7k life with tons of defense, 1 mill dps non-boss, 600k dps on shaper).

Another idea I was messing around with was getting a 6-link helm with the new shaper/elder items, getting hypothermia and increased area of effect on the helm to create a 6-link ancestral warchief for extra dps vs bosses.
Last edited by Xarrio2 on Dec 30, 2017, 4:52:36 PM
"
mr_moff wrote:
Quick question

So the 'middle' leveling tree here poeurl.com/bIfn has me picking up the shield nodes, but then the later tree has dual wielding nodes. Is that just an oversight when editing the guide or am I respeccing somewhere?

Total oversight when updating the leveling trees.
"
Xarrio2 wrote:
So I decided to try out this build this league... pretty solid overall.

Here is my pastebin currently if anyone wants to check it out: https://pastebin.com/pTcSd8pD

I did some similar stuff to your original build, but swapped a few pieces around to get more life and defense as well as took advantage of the new abyssal items and jewels.

Also, I went with The Perform Form for the extra defense from arctic armour + increased evasion from uncapped cold resist + phase acrobatics. Also, I sometimes switch out haste for grace for extra phys dmg reduction vs certain bosses as needed.

I'm also using Orb of Storms, which lets me proc Elemental Overload, which wasn't proccing enough I felt without.

Also, I found that skipping out on the Defiance + Retaliation + Cold steel and instead getting a solid abyss jewel + using the extra 5 points on more defensive passives (heart of oak/Heart of the warrior) was helpful for survival.

With the current setup, I can easily complete all content (about 7k life with tons of defense, 1 mill dps non-boss, 600k dps on shaper).

Another idea I was messing around with was getting a 6-link helm with the new shaper/elder items, getting hypothermia and increased area of effect on the helm to create a 6-link ancestral warchief for extra dps vs bosses.

I like your changes. Good work.
Is it fine to have an evasion chest or is armour one needed?
Hello, looking to spec out of a 90 spark inquisitor to this build, i have a decent amount of ex built up. I know this build isn't really comparable to that in terms of clear speed, but im still interested in using it anyways. How much can i take this build past the items in your gear section? Are there some good items i can use to replace the cheap uniques? Or are those all mandatory? Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info