[3.3]Stormquake's Trapnel Shot Bow Bomber | All Endgame Content Viable!

@fatekills

As Krazy said, this wouldn't be a good starter build, but it could potentially work in SSF. In fact, up until I started trying to 6L things, this build was mostly SSF.
Last edited by Stormquake on Oct 25, 2017, 3:36:58 PM
Thank you for the answers!
I have a 15% quality shrapnel shoot gem and 1 threshold jewel so far so was considering it.
I have a eq juggernaut almost to maps now so maybe farm for a bit before make the switch to new char
I love your build. I tried swapping Chin Sol with Infractem. It has more AoE coverage i'd say but it lacks single target damage. What do you think?
I'm leveling this currently and have a devotos with 40% shrap damage. Did you ever test with devo? If so, and with the enchant in mind, would you deem it better? Lets assume my acc will be between 87 and 90.
Last edited by seanxjohnson on Nov 7, 2017, 5:20:10 AM
Maybe I'll sound like a newbie, but why so much people making their builds without any chaos res? -60% means that even light poison clouds that left on the ground can easyly kill you. Or I miss something?

UPD. Looking on your build's tree and can't get how your Collateral Damage jewels working. Both don't have enough dex in radius
Last edited by lorrey on Nov 8, 2017, 4:14:37 PM
"
UPD. Looking on your build's tree and can't get how your Collateral Damage jewels working. Both don't have enough dex in radius

Collateral Damage jewels work with all dex in radius not need take all
Hey everyone! Thanks to all that are still trying or using the build. Sorry I haven't been around to answer questions, college consumed my life for a bit.

"
flekflekica wrote:
I love your build. I tried swapping Chin Sol with Infractem. It has more AoE coverage i'd say but it lacks single target damage. What do you think?

Definitely keep with Chin Sol. I've tested lots of different bows with the build, and Chin Sol is the best by a long-shot. Glad you like the build!

Also, @Lorrey, it was changed a while ago that you only need to have a certain amount of dex nodes in the radius, but don't need to take the nodes.
Last edited by Stormquake on Nov 18, 2017, 11:44:08 PM
Hey, I made a sab version of this build, and I considered deadeye after playing sab for a while. I saw it did more damage, but it seemed less defensive due to the blinding assault ascendency sab gets + not needing to run hair trigger jewels (getting extra 7% life instead).

Few questions I had for your build:

1. How does the mechanics of powerful precision's return arrow work w/ your traps? Is it at all helpful or is it a useless mechanic?

2. Do extra arrows increase the damage of shrapnel shot?

3. Have you tried GMP with LA/IS? I tried to run LA/IS as a trap, lack of pierce + only 1-2 projectiles kind of felt bad at mob clear vs blast rain. Otherwise, how about chain support?

4. How do you deal with situations where you are hit by a swarm of mobs and have no ES to cast/escape? How often does this happen? For me, I thought this would be a big issue so I opted not to get EB.

5. As your secondary skill, have you already given tornado shot/barrage a try?

Thanks!
Last edited by ironstove on Nov 29, 2017, 10:59:58 PM
"
ironstove wrote:
Hey, I made a sab version of this build, and I considered deadeye after playing sab for a while. I saw it did more damage, but it seemed less defensive due to the blinding assault ascendency sab gets + not needing to run hair trigger jewels (getting extra 7% life instead).

Few questions I had for your build:

1. How does the mechanics of powerful precision's return arrow work w/ your traps? Is it at all helpful or is it a useless mechanic?

2. Do extra arrows increase the damage of shrapnel shot?

3. Have you tried GMP with LA/IS? I tried to run LA/IS as a trap, lack of pierce + only 1-2 projectiles kind of felt bad at mob clear vs blast rain. Otherwise, how about chain support?

4. How do you deal with situations where you are hit by a swarm of mobs and have no ES to cast/escape? How often does this happen? For me, I thought this would be a big issue so I opted not to get EB.

5. As your secondary skill, have you already given tornado shot/barrage a try?

Thanks!

1. Powerful Precision is mostly used for the extra crit chance and to pierce closeby targets

2. Increases the coverage, not the damage. Each trap only fires one cone regardless of projectiles

3. Not worth it. It's better to get a +1 quiver and the +1 from Deadeye and settle for that

4. With proper trap placement, you can usually kill all mobs while they're running at you

5. Tried those, wasn't much of a fan due to the lack of inherent elemental damage

Hope this helps!
Will you update guide for 3.1? Rly interested in trying first trapper ever :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info