[3.3]Stormquake's Trapnel Shot Bow Bomber | All Endgame Content Viable!

How is this build looking going in to 3.2?
"
deselect wrote:
How is this build looking going in to 3.2?

Well flat damage abyss jewels being kept will certainly help it out a bit. Overall, the changes to deadeye didn't impact this build much, and I may be testing the saboteur path again now that both ascendancies have been changed. All things considered, this version of the build will still be viable as is.

I feel bad that I couldn't find the time to play it in 3.1, so I may return with it in 3.2 and head toward Uber Elder
was attempting this build in 3.2, really wish there is a detailed guide to leveling up since that is the hardest part about this build. I have around 600 deaths got lucky making it to act 9. Was hoping to understand it but its impossible to level up this build unless you get lucky and enter a party that will carry you through the process.
With all the new changes, I was already very happy with this build, I had change matter of trying something else.
I was considering getting back, so how it is now ? same efficiency, better ?
"
KunPeng wrote:
was attempting this build in 3.2, really wish there is a detailed guide to leveling up since that is the hardest part about this build. I have around 600 deaths got lucky making it to act 9. Was hoping to understand it but its impossible to level up this build unless you get lucky and enter a party that will carry you through the process.

Leveling up should be far easier with the trap reworks this patch.

"
phen0o wrote:
With all the new changes, I was already very happy with this build, I had change matter of trying something else.
I was considering getting back, so how it is now ? same efficiency, better ?

Trapnel is pretty good this league, yes. Deadeye still offers the best damage for the crit variation of the build, although Sabo is the better defensive version. Because Trapnel no longer has a cooldown, you don't need to run support arrow types and can instead run Bear Trap given that it increases Trap damage now.

I'm kind of leveling up new Rain of Arrows and Trapnel at the same time, but will update this build if I get to lategame with Trapnel.
Hello friends!

I come to you with a real update for the first time in a while. I am currently playing through 3.3 with Deadeye Trapnel Shot. As it stands, there are a few things that have changed. I will try to list off a summarized list here as I am still early in the game and will need to progress more before fully updating the guide.

THINGS OF NOTE:

* Trap Throwing Speed is a very important stat now. Because traps no longer have cooldowns, this stat directly improves our dps.

* Tailwind actually benefits the above stat, which has made me consider it given that I'm pretty sure throwing a trap counts as using a skill.

* Fast and Deadly is better than Endless Munitions. Doubling our accuracy raises our damage a lot through Obscurantis, increasing that unique's value, and also makes lacking accuracy rings a bit more forgiving. Overall this is better than the AoE and extra arrow.

* It may be more worth it to invest in the Frenzy/Power charge nodes that I previously didn't take because of the Charged Traps support gem. I will be testing effective DPS between Trap and Mine damage and Charged Traps. The extra crit multi and trap throwing speed may win out over flat damage increases, but it still needs testing.

* Run Bear Trap, remove other attack traps because they are no longer needed with trap support cooldown changes.

* For ascendancy pathing, both Fast and Deadly and Rupture hold the same weight. Pick the former if you lack early game accuracy and the latter if you lack early game crit. Gathering Winds and Powerful Precision also hold the same weight for 3rd/4th ascendancy.
Last edited by Stormquake on Jun 7, 2018, 7:05:33 PM
3.3 UPDATE IS HERE!!!

Featuring:

* Improved notes and ascendancy changes!

* A new Shaper clear video for 3.3! [Could certainly be improved further]

* Other stuff!

Thank you all for your continued support and have fun with Trapnel Shot in 3.3! Feel free to ask questions or message me in game or on the forums as always. Will be working on updating some of the old videos to newer parts, but I really wanted to get the basic build update done first!

UPDATE: Uber Atziri deathless video is finally up!
Last edited by Stormquake on Jun 12, 2018, 5:40:32 PM
Hey bud. I really like your build and I've been using it, But I've been playing around on Path Of Building and mine does 70K less damage per trap than yours, even if I copy over your items, so I'm confused and trying to figure it out, please drop me a line. thanks

I found out the problem guys (stormquake helped me) Make sure to check the boxes under Effective DPS in PoB and match the ones he has checked.
Last edited by KickerMW on Jun 21, 2018, 5:09:13 PM
Hi hi! I been looking for an Uber lab farmer to do league starts but dislike the usual jugg or slayer builds.
How well does this build do for Uber lab?

As I understand to be a lab farmer the build either needs high movement speed and evasion OR high physical damage reduction against traps and at least 5k hp. Does this build have that? On my phone so can’t see the pob.. can the build for example face tank izaro and Argus?
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hi hi! I been looking for an Uber lab farmer to do league starts but dislike the usual jugg or slayer builds.
How well does this build do for Uber lab?

As I understand to be a lab farmer the build either needs high movement speed and evasion OR high physical damage reduction against traps and at least 5k hp. Does this build have that? On my phone so can’t see the pob.. can the build for example face tank izaro and Argus?

I easily did the 100 lab grind back in 3.0 with this build and never much struggled with lab, and the build is better now. You don't need to be able to tank Izaro or Argus with it as they will both die pretty instantly.

Lab traps can be tricky, but this build moves decently fast, so if you play it somewhat safe in rough trap rooms, this build is great for labbing.
Last edited by Stormquake on Jul 3, 2018, 2:26:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info