[3.0] Death Aura Build - Guardians done

Hey,

some great ideas you put in here. I love to play with Death's Oath tho I havent found a way to go with it - until now. Tho I still have some question's or even idea's for the build.

Passive Tree:
- What do you think about "Blast Radius" - it should increase the aoe and the aoe damage if I dont get it wrong.

Jewels:
- What kind of jewels you're using right now?
- Increase chaos Damage
- Increase damage over time
- Increase area of effect
- increase maximum energy shield

- The unique jewel "Energy from Within" could be a great boost to our energy shield, in case we find a solid place to transform life nodes to energy shield instead - what do you think?

Flasks:
- What about Dying Sun to increase the AoE (maybe not worthy to spend that much currency)

I also tried to figure out what kind of DoT damage we have with Death's Oath but I wasnt able to do any proper calculation's within PoB. Does anyone know how to calculate it or has some numbers for me?
Last edited by CutMySoul on Sep 13, 2017, 4:59:37 AM
Hi again :)

Mine armour took like 3k jewellers, bit lucky i guess.

I have in mind an idea to "crossover" this build with some ED stuff, will test it when back from work, and share conclusions / gear with You, guys. It can be even tomorrow or later, two kids keeps me busy till night usually ;)

P.S. the best option for EFW jewel is spot near Melding.
"
Borehed wrote:

I have in mind an idea to "crossover" this build with some ED stuff, will test it when back from work, and share conclusions / gear with You, guys. It can be even tomorrow or later, two kids keeps me busy till night usually ;)

Personally I dont like ED to be honest but well, thats up to everyone :)

Refering to ETF, I thought the same - tho there is probably another good spot but it needs further skillpoints (the one over Devotion) - would grant us like 20% ES, str. and 3% of non cast auras. Could be a valid point but not entirely sure tho.
"
CutMySoul wrote:
"
Borehed wrote:

Refering to ETF, I thought the same - tho there is probably another good spot but it needs further skillpoints (the one over Devotion) - would grant us like 20% ES, str. and 3% of non cast auras. Could be a valid point but not entirely sure tho.

Hey.

I understand Your point, just feel that we need something to help us with single target, and ED seems to be natural choice here - same tree.
"
CutMySoul wrote:
Hey,

some great ideas you put in here. I love to play with Death's Oath tho I havent found a way to go with it - until now. Tho I still have some question's or even idea's for the build.

Passive Tree:
- What do you think about "Blast Radius" - it should increase the aoe and the aoe damage if I dont get it wrong.

Jewels:
- What kind of jewels you're using right now?
- Increase chaos Damage
- Increase damage over time
- Increase area of effect
- increase maximum energy shield

- The unique jewel "Energy from Within" could be a great boost to our energy shield, in case we find a solid place to transform life nodes to energy shield instead - what do you think?

Flasks:
- What about Dying Sun to increase the AoE (maybe not worthy to spend that much currency)

I also tried to figure out what kind of DoT damage we have with Death's Oath but I wasnt able to do any proper calculation's within PoB. Does anyone know how to calculate it or has some numbers for me?

Hi, thanks for your inputs!

Since AoE nerf in 2.6, it feels like the increased area from the passives is not significant. So I didn't take those nodes. But combined with increased area damage, these are still good passive nodes.

About my jewels, they are basically:

Int/Str/All Attribute
Increased Maximum Energy Shield %
Chaos Damage/Area Damage
Elemental Resistances

And I also use 1 "Energy from Within" (right side of Witch starting area)
I'll post the jewels I'm using later tonight.

For Dying Sun flask, I haven't tested it yet.
IMO, Death Aura already has a large area of effect even with concentrated effect.
So I would rather invest something to help single target DPS.

Path of Building can calculate Death Aura DPS.
You can just create a gem link on Death's Oath then the socketed support gems will modify Death Aura damage accordingly. My the effective DPS on PoB (with debuffs, no flasks) is 30k+ with 6s.

Last edited by Mehks on Sep 13, 2017, 9:51:33 PM
"
Borehed wrote:
"
CutMySoul wrote:
"
Borehed wrote:

Hey.

I understand Your point, just feel that we need something to help us with single target, and ED seems to be natural choice here - same tree.

ED can be a very good single target damage choice but the only problem is that I don't have enough mana to cast it...
Maybe Blight - CwC - ED?
Hey.

I'm using ED in Allelopathy gloves - supports are the same.

You can check my profile, character: Aonell on standard - still testing, but it is almost done i guess.

Running now shaped strands to test (had alot from previous leagues) - works fine.

Hexproof maps are very dangerous tho.

As You can see on char tab - i invested in curses more, but it depends how safe You want to be.

"
Borehed wrote:
Hey.

I'm using ED in Allelopathy gloves - supports are the same.

You can check my profile, character: Aonell on standard - still testing, but it is almost done i guess.

Running now shaped strands to test (had alot from previous leagues) - works fine.

Hexproof maps are very dangerous tho.

As You can see on char tab - i invested in curses more, but it depends how safe You want to be.

Hi,

I am also thinking to replace my gloves with Shaper's touch.
Change Grace aura to Arctic Armour to save some mana.
Then use 4L Essence drain for single target DPS.

I might use this 4L setup to do Shaper instead of Blight.

Thanks again!
"
Mehks wrote:

ED can be a very good single target damage choice but the only problem is that I don't have enough mana to cast it...
Maybe Blight - CwC - ED?

I just tried some ED stuff on my own, I am not entirely sure if it works propery, tho the damage feels great right now. Maybe you check this possibility:

Last edited by CutMySoul on Sep 15, 2017, 3:10:38 AM
"
CutMySoul wrote:
"
Mehks wrote:

Maybe Blight - CwC - ED?

I just tried some ED stuff on my own, I am not entirely sure if it works propery, tho the damage feels great right now. Maybe you check this possibility:

Hey.
I'm using some expensive stuff on standard (enlighten 4 etc.) so i have no problem with mana for ED (that allows me to get higher dps on it also).
But it is good way for You to solve mana issues, and contagion helps with clearing
Note, that contagion with profane bloom doesn't work very well.
My idea was to get an "lazy" build - on T11 i'm just running through packs and they explode. ED + Blight was used only on bosses or nemezis rares / uniques.

Btw, i've done some tests to maximize ED damage as boss killer with this setup:

and found that BotC feels just better for map clearing.

P.S.
I'm curious if life based marauder can be better for Death Aura or worse than occultist. He has 40% more damage, but have to use Abyssal Cry, and has no - chaos res for enemies in ascendancy.
Anyone tested it yet?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, i hope my posts are understandable for You.

Edit: ignore gems in bow, i'm leveling those on weapon swap

Last edited by Borehed on Sep 15, 2017, 5:45:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info