[3.0] Death Aura Build - Guardians done

a little suggestion from experience: make the red socket your last or 6th socket so the chances of spending 350 jewellers more than once is very small
Is this how beginner friendly build, as a starter mainly?
So i tried this build now, and i thinkt its completely squishy.
after reading the Whole thread i know it shouldnt, so im doing something wrong it seems.

Character Sirisiani in my profile.

any help appreciated.
Well, i have tried something with this build to help with the single target dps on bosses.
I am running Shield charge + fortify + faster attacks + decay. I am still using Blight from the gloves and Spell totem + Wither + faster casting.
It really feels like the decay hit works really well against bosses.

So what i normally do in boss fights is this -->
1. Put totem down
2. Shield charge
3. Blight (and repeat from nr. 1 if boss fight is long).

Items and links are:

Passive tree is:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAA18DkgPqxEvEVARlhNtFAkVfha_Fy8YVhhqGYoajxslHNwdFB2qIvQkiySwJognqSj6Kwospiy_L281uTeDPV9CS0ZxSRNJsUuuTLNSU1KvV8lYB1xAXGtd8mf8aHRp2GqMbAttGXC7dZ52gngvfOV88H6hf8aApILHhEiExYXFh8uJ4I8aj0aP-pDWkQeSdJMfkyeUoJeVl_SboZu1oS-i2abrpwinK6ebsNi0DLTRtUi3MLiTu027_L6KwcXDOsNtxvfIDMgUytPPFdAf18_ZE9lb2mLdX9-K4YjmWOha6QLquutj6-7sGO-I7-v1b_ba98H31_k3-ej60vsJ_kk=?accountName=HanSoloDK&characterName=IcaManDK

I still need to get proper enchants for this build, like the 2% regen on the boots but I am a bit unsure what to get on the helmet and gloves. Any ideas ??
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Dec 17, 2017, 3:57:25 AM
Thoughts on Abberath's to trigger decay instead of your shield charge?
"
bahamut458 wrote:
Thoughts on Abberath's to trigger decay instead of your shield charge?

Hmm, not sure if that would work since the Decay only works on hit and I am not sure that Abberath's Fury counts as a hit. Also I would be loosing to much ES and movement speed + I need the cold res to be cold res capped.

But what 4 gems would you use it then? Decay + AoE + Added chaos dmg + ? or ??
Im running this in the league (character GodsGiftToGaming) and I am hybrid life/es with abberath's. About 8.4k EHP. With an alchemists quicksilver of adrenaline + flask effect and an overflowing chalice it's fast enough so I don't miss movement speed from abberaths.

Abberath definitely procs decay and it's much more reliant than shield charge, but even with decay going all the time boss dps still feels really lacking and T14+ bosses are very dangerous.

I've used the breath of the council as well, but found that with decay + death aura the dmg is actually enough and the extra % chance to proc explosions actually makes clearing much safer and faster than with a breath. Try for yourself.

"
Sirais01 wrote:
So i tried this build now, and i thinkt its completely squishy.
after reading the Whole thread i know it shouldnt, so im doing something wrong it seems.

Character Sirisiani in my profile.

any help appreciated.

If you're referring to your Occultist, you have no Discipline, your boots are low ES, your belt is VERY low, and your rings could have more es as well, 40+ per ring
My guides:
[3.15] Broodmother: A Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2540439
Quick question, I was looking at the damage stuff for the aura under my character screen and there's a couple of mods for cast speed. The character i was testing on has 11% increased cast speed which shows up as a mod and also shows "Casts per Second: 1.11"

When I put a level 1 faster casting gem in it shows "Casts per Second: 1.31"

Does cast speed increase the damage rate or is this just a technical glitch?
"
l2ap wrote:
Quick question, I was looking at the damage stuff for the aura under my character screen and there's a couple of mods for cast speed. The character i was testing on has 11% increased cast speed which shows up as a mod and also shows "Casts per Second: 1.11"

When I put a level 1 faster casting gem in it shows "Casts per Second: 1.31"

Does cast speed increase the damage rate or is this just a technical glitch?

Hmm, that sounds a bit funny that cast speed would increase the dps.... However it can be something about how the aura skill applys the damage, but that sounds even more strange to me.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info