[3.3] MF Windripper Deadeye | TS and Barrage | PoB Link

Newb here. What is causing the Icy attacks everywhere when you shoot?
Hello , i'd like to know if Mirage Archer gem would be a good option for barrage set up ?
Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question, but how did you manage to farm headhunter in 2 weeks ? Chancing, Burial Chambers for doctor, or just plain currency farming to buy it ?
"
Zyrlock wrote:

you deal cold damage, which is chilling and freezing the monsters.
you also deal lightning damage that shocks monsters.

you want that for the increased IQ and IR, look at the Windripper's stats.

"
Elf_97 wrote:
Hello , i'd like to know if Mirage Archer gem would be a good option for barrage set up ?

nope.
also i replaced mirage archer with faster attacks with TS, just way more responsive and better DPS.
"
Zyrlock wrote:

It's herald of ice kill effect.
What order should I be spending currency on items in? Has anyone made a priority list?

6L Windripper is probably first right?
"
What order should I be spending currency on items in? Has anyone made a priority list?

6L Windripper is probably first right?

Actually, no. It's contradictory since it's the name of the build, but I would consider the Windripper to be one of the last items you'd get.

TL:DR

Buy cheap Item Quantity gear:

- Sadima's Touch Gloves (12-16% IQ, 5-10c)
- Goldwyrm Boots (16-20% IQ, 5-50c)

Optional Budget IQ Gear:

- Bisco's Leash (5% IQ, 2-3c)
- Thief's Torment Ring* (10-16% IQ, 10-30c)
- Any "Spinefuse" base Talisman (6-10% IQ, 1-20c)

*Remember Thief's Torment does not allow you to wear a 2nd ring.

Then consider more expensive items.

- Speed: Queen of the Forest armor
- Damage: 6-linked attack, additional projectile quiver, Dying Sun flask, Abyss Jewels with Flat Ele Damage
- Item Quantity: Windripper, Ventor's Gamble Rings, White Socket Pariah Rings, Shaped Amulet.

Grimro, a youtuber, released a video about a week back with a Windripper guide that is very detailed and is actually where I learned how to begin gearing my MF Windripper Deadeye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qICPaYA_PE8

It differs from OP's guide, but not in a bad way. Both guides are good. The video does have more explanation on the Windripper build as a whole and notes that they are very flexible/should be tailored to your play experience.

If you're looking for Quantity, you're buying Sadima's Touch (Gloves), then Goldwyrms (Boots) next. Ironically, the Windripper may be the last or second last item you buy.

That's because Windrippers (min 2 Exalts in BSC) have IQ of 15%, whereas Sadima's Touch is max 16% IQ for ~5-10 chaos. Goldwyrms have a max of 20% IQ and are ~50 chaos for max roll, and 20 chaos for 19% IQ. The boots are even cheaper if you don't mind less IQ (16-18% IQ). These items are worth 2x the IQ of Windripper, but costs 1/4 or less the price. So I would start there. Bisco's Leash is also nice if you can afford the belt slot, since having Rampage is super fun.

Afterwards, figure out what you are finding difficult and go from there.

- Problems surviving? Get HP in helm, accessories or belt. I'd go with a Starkonja's since it gets pretty cheap at this point in the league.

- Want to move faster? Get a 5 or 6L Queen of the Forest. If you slot your Tornado Shot in your chest, you won't need a 6L bow for general mapping.

- Need Damage? Get an extra Projectile quiver (shaped or corrupted), get TS or Barrage Helm Enchant, and/or get a Dying Sun. Get Searching Eye Abyss Jewels with flat elemental damage, life, or Crit multi. You want at least T1 or T2 damage mods and 2-3 damage mods per Jewel. Alt + Regal on high ilvl jewels is a fairly budget way to get decent abyss jewels and will really help with the low DPS of Windripper. If you're really balling, get a 2 proj shaped quiver (shaped and corrupted).

- Want max IQ? Get all the best IQ stuff. White socket Pariah (15% IQ each ring), Windripper, 10% IQ Shaped Amulet with needed stats.

Finally, if you're having trouble killing bosses at the end of maps, consider using a Chin Sol bow in your offhand and swapping when you get the the map boss. It gives you Point Blank, which is 50% more damage in close proximity and since you probably won't be freezing the boss, your 15% IQ from Windripper doesn't really apply.

Just in case you're wondering, a good cheap bow to use before Windripper is Lioneye's Glare, since it's got damage and has "Hits can't be Evaded".

Good luck!
Last edited by Rarchaic on Apr 2, 2018, 11:58:03 AM
"
Rarchaic wrote:

Actually, no. It's contradictory since it's the name of the build, but I would consider the Windripper to be one of the last items you'd get.

TL:DR

Buy cheap Item Quantity gear:

Thank you so much! That was exactly what I needed to know.
Guide suggests that you can run ele ref maps, but how?
i cant figure it out..

when i run ele ref map i insta 1 shot kill myself.
"
Elf_97 wrote:
"
Zyrlock wrote:

It's herald of ice kill effect.

Is that a purchase item? I have my stuff socketed the same way and it looks nothing like that..Cant find anything in the store either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info