[3.2] The Snowblind Cospri CoC Assassin - Projectile based CoC

Sweet build, couple questions!

1) How easily can you toss on a biscos's amulet for mid level mapping while keeping a reasonably similar clear speed?

2) Have you tried crafted gloves with inc attack speed for socketed gems to potentially speed up shield charging even further?

3) How necessary is warlords mark? Looking at the tree you can (somewhat) easily grab the Mind Drinker node for 0.4 percent mana leech to help the mana out, and as you mention run Life Leech in the cospris so you are okay there, that would free up either a ring slot or a second curse instead of warlords.
"
Shimaran wrote:
Heya !

I leveled an Assassin that was supposed to be CoC Discharge but I disliked the fact that it was extremely bad for single target.
So I respecced into your build but it's still lacking both in survivability and damage (even "weak" bosses are difficult to kill). How can I improve these points ?
I feel the character is also a little too slow in attack and movement speed, even with vaal haste... I took some attack speed points in the passive tree to help compensate but I still would like to be a little more "responsive" :)

I'm currently trying to 6L a chest with 100 life (because colouring BotB is difficult and I don't even have one ^^), so that should be better than the Tabula I currently use.

You can check my profile if you want to see the character (name is Voll_Malice).

Get the Pandemonius amulet and Starkonja helmet, then fix your passive tree to be more like in the guide. Then fix your gem links.
Then you shouldnt have any problems at all to kill or survive bosses.
bängan is bängan.
Last edited by Crovaxx on Sep 18, 2017, 1:59:10 PM
"
allstopsbro wrote:
Sweet build, couple questions!

1) How easily can you toss on a biscos's amulet for mid level mapping while keeping a reasonably similar clear speed?

2) Have you tried crafted gloves with inc attack speed for socketed gems to potentially speed up shield charging even further?

3) How necessary is warlords mark? Looking at the tree you can (somewhat) easily grab the Mind Drinker node for 0.4 percent mana leech to help the mana out, and as you mention run Life Leech in the cospris so you are okay there, that would free up either a ring slot or a second curse instead of warlords.

If I would use Bisco's, it would not slow me down at all on even t15 maps to be honest. The damage we do is far beyond what is needed to clear trash fast.

Right now im using faster attacks in the charge so it is really fast anyway, the videos in this guide is quite outdated by now, and I will need to upload new ones to properly showcase the build.

Mana wise i dont need warlords mark anymore, thanks to corrupted doedre ring, mana regen on opal ring, and alira reward. The main reason to have warlords is to get even faster leech on shaper fight and perhaps on some guardian fights, also helps survive reflect mobs. Otherwise I would use elemental weakness instead.
bängan is bängan.
"
Shimaran wrote:
Heya !

I leveled an Assassin that was supposed to be CoC Discharge but I disliked the fact that it was extremely bad for single target.
So I respecced into your build but it's still lacking both in survivability and damage (even "weak" bosses are difficult to kill). How can I improve these points ?
I feel the character is also a little too slow in attack and movement speed, even with vaal haste... I took some attack speed points in the passive tree to help compensate but I still would like to be a little more "responsive" :)

I'm currently trying to 6L a chest with 100 life (because colouring BotB is difficult and I don't even have one ^^), so that should be better than the Tabula I currently use.

You can check my profile if you want to see the character (name is Voll_Malice).

CoC discharge can be great at single target. I think you're judging builds way too soon, before having invested much into them.

- your gems are level 18/19, compared to his that are mostly 21 when it matters (fb/fp). That's a huge damage loss.
- no quality on any gems, again, a lot of damage and crit chance lost
- almost 20% more damage lost on the amu slot
- no life leech on cospri so you're going to struggle against bosses
- you're still quite low level, and your jewels could be improved a lot (not that much crit multi)

Those are just some of the things you can improve to dramatically improve your damage and survivability. If I had to guess, I would say you have 1/3, if not less, of his damage. But if you like the playstyle of the build, continue improving it. When I started it was shit as well, but now i'm pretty happy with it.

ps: regarding the attack speed. I personally use gloves with 16% more attack speed, faster attack (level 21 for that sweet 1% bonus ^^) and I try to get attack speed on my jewels (that reminded me that I need to upgrade some of them... thx :D). That feels like enough to me.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Sep 18, 2017, 5:52:17 PM
What are the priority stones in chest ?
"
niuage wrote:
"
Shimaran wrote:
Heya !

CoC discharge can be great at single target. I think you're judging builds way too soon, before having invested much into them.

- your gems are level 18/19, compared to his that are mostly 21 when it matters (fb/fp). That's a huge damage loss.
- no quality on any gems, again, a lot of damage and crit chance lost
- almost 20% more damage lost on the amu slot
- no life leech on cospri so you're going to struggle against bosses
- you're still quite low level, and your jewels could be improved a lot (not that much crit multi)

Those are just some of the things you can improve to dramatically improve your damage and survivability. If I had to guess, I would say you have 1/3, if not less, of his damage. But if you like the playstyle of the build, continue improving it. When I started it was shit as well, but now i'm pretty happy with it.

ps: regarding the attack speed. I personally use gloves with 16% more attack speed, faster attack (level 21 for that sweet 1% bonus ^^) and I try to get attack speed on my jewels (that reminded me that I need to upgrade some of them... thx :D). That feels like enough to me.

Oh yes, I really like how the build plays :)

I guess it's mainly a matter of time before my damage is good then, but it feels like it takes an eternity to get 21/20 gems :P

Pandemonius is a little expansive at the moment (80c), I'll see if I can grab one without paying too much ^^
hi! i play HC and i have quest ..
CAN i use kaom boots ? will it drop my dps hard ?
kaoms cool cause u cant be stuned
Last edited by duude on Sep 19, 2017, 8:23:58 AM
"
duude wrote:
hi! i play HC and i have quest ..
CAN i use kaom boots ? will it drop my dps hard ?
kaoms cool cause u cant be stuned

Cyclone makes you stun immune.
Do you think glacial cascade would be good to use if i get the helm enchant for full conversion?
"
Shimaran wrote:

Pandemonius is a little expansive at the moment (80c), I'll see if I can grab one without paying too much ^^

Yesterday I tried runnning Beachhead maps with Bisco's instead of Pandemonius, and I could really notice a difference. The guaranteed chill, and blind and 20% more damage is a really noticeable difference. Good item, worth the price imo for this build.

I'm thinking about trying a wander now for once...
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info