[3.2] The Snowblind Cospri CoC Assassin - Projectile based CoC

Updated guide with new gloves and gem links for shield charge, adding fortify.
Also added corrupted version of Doedre ring to give mana on hit.
bängan is bängan.
would love to try this build out, would a freezing pulse enchant be better or frost bolt enchant? (for the helm)
"
PUNSHET2 wrote:
would love to try this build out, would a freezing pulse enchant be better or frost bolt enchant? (for the helm)

Frostbolt has higher damage(at high crit chance) and further range than Freezing pulse. Freezing pulse also drop off in damage the further the projectile goes. The one thing the pulse got going for it is the higher crit chance, But that doesnt make up for the lower damage.

Also gem quality on Frostbolt increases its damage further, unlike Freezing pulse. Although quality on the pulse is also very good as it gives projectile speed.
bängan is bängan.
Last edited by Crovaxx on Sep 6, 2017, 8:18:57 PM
how often do you chill bosses?
have you considered blade flurry?
have you considered a arctic breath for chills?
have you thought about flow untethered?
Last edited by Enrovy on Sep 6, 2017, 10:58:05 PM
"
Enrovy wrote:
how often do you chill bosses?
have you considered blade flurry?
have you considered a arctic breath for chills?
have you thought about flow untethered?

As you can see in the Chimera boss video, even the guardians are constantly blinded. This is thanks to the change to chill in 3.0 patch.

"
Patch notes:
Chill no longer slows enemies by a fixed amount for a variable duration. Now, Chill will slow enemies for a duration of 2 seconds by an amount based on the Cold damage dealt to the enemy. A purely Cold hit which removes 10% of an enemy's life will slow that enemy by 30% for 2 seconds, scaling linearly down to 0% at no Cold damage dealt.

Blade Flurry works great but has a bit slower clearspeed than Cyclone due to the fact that you have to stop moving to use it. Blade Flurry is really good on boss fights like the Hydra guardian where you need precise positioning and quick movement. The downside is that you are no longer immune to stuns that Cyclone provides. And it also has fewer attacks per second than Double strike, which I sometimes use to reach the highest possible procs per second from Cospri on bosses like Guardians.

Flow Untethered is great for damage, as it makes it possible to get even more procs out of both Cospri and CoC link. But it comes at a great cost of life and resists. I prefer to have a regular rare belt.
bängan is bängan.
Last edited by Crovaxx on Sep 7, 2017, 2:00:50 AM
Thanks for the build, I really wanted to try some CoC build so I stumbled on this one and it's been great so far.

As I mentioned on your youtube video, I went and changed a few things tree and gear wise. Do you think those change are actually making sense ?

My tree (lvl 89) : www.poeurl.com/bxn5

I went a bit less for life/jewels (no scion life wheel and only 4 jewels slots) and went for proj damage and spell crit (Heart seeker, Doom cast). According to PoB I'll be sitting on 5.2k life with a decent rolled Belly. Should I be fine with this ?

Gear wise, I went for the Windscream instead of the Doedre for the +1 curse item, I thought I'd be okay with only 15% mov speed since I'd be mostly using Shield charge to zoom across the map. I'm currently using the Halcyon amulet instead of the Pandemonius. Is the blind + cold pen that much better than the 60% damage boost if enemies were frozen ? That 60% boost should be up most of the time so I don't know. Defense wise there is no question but for the damage, I wonder.

"
Hexennn wrote:
Thanks for the build, I really wanted to try some CoC build so I stumbled on this one and it's been great so far.

As I mentioned on your youtube video, I went and changed a few things tree and gear wise. Do you think those change are actually making sense ?

My tree (lvl 89) : www.poeurl.com/bxn5

I went a bit less for life/jewels (no scion life wheel and only 4 jewels slots) and went for proj damage and spell crit (Heart seeker, Doom cast). According to PoB I'll be sitting on 5.2k life with a decent rolled Belly. Should I be fine with this ?

Gear wise, I went for the Windscream instead of the Doedre for the +1 curse item, I thought I'd be okay with only 15% mov speed since I'd be mostly using Shield charge to zoom across the map. I'm currently using the Halcyon amulet instead of the Pandemonius. Is the blind + cold pen that much better than the 60% damage boost if enemies were frozen ? That 60% boost should be up most of the time so I don't know. Defense wise there is no question but for the damage, I wonder.

Glad you are enjoying the build!

Personally I would not aim for below 6k HP. Especially when doing high endgame content.
Jewels are huge damage boost, it really is hard to match them anywhere on the passive tree. And also you can have additional resistance on them to fix gaps in your gear.
For example, my tree thanks to the jewels has 60% attack speed, and your only 25%. which makes it hard to reach high cospri proc rate on bosses.

Halcyon is worse damage, even if you have frozen an enemy recently. I compared them in my path of building profile, and with Pandemonius Frostbolt does 79400 average hit damage and with Halcyon 77300.
Everything even up to T16 trash including rares instantly shatters from our damage, so bosses are the only thing we can utilize higher damage. And on bosses you wont have the Halcyon 60% buff up.

Im sure your version of the build will do just fine as well.
bängan is bängan.
Last edited by Crovaxx on Sep 7, 2017, 9:45:34 AM
what are you thinking about this boots ?

Inya's Epiphany Arcanist Slippers.

and about this armour chest ?

Bronn's Lithe Cutthroat's Garb.

im realy glad to see that you update the build every time and answer all of the question ! you are amazing and i realy like the way you build this Cospirs!
Last edited by yinoneliya on Sep 7, 2017, 9:57:45 AM
Updated a small change to the passive tree to fit The Green Nightmare jewel in the socket above the Sentinel node (scion area). This new tree removes Fangs of the viper node and a 5% hp node. And instead gives us more resistances as well as 9% dodge from the jewel.

Also added new boots with more HP.
bängan is bängan.
"
what are you thinking about this boots ?
Inya's Epiphany Arcanist Slippers.

The Inya boots are great, but the big deal about them is the 25% chance to gain up to maximum charges. This is amazing for Discharge builds. But since we really dont have a big problem with sustaining charges normally, the only thing we gain from them is the 35% increased damage they provide through charges. But we sacrifice higher life and movement speed.

That damage is quite significant though, and with near max rolled HP on them, it might just be worth it.
"
and about this armour chest ?
Bronn's Lithe Cutthroat's Garb.

This chest has good attack speed, but no life. I would not personally use it. since Belly is such a huge life source for us.

bängan is bängan.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info