[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
Quadcam99 wrote:
I currently don't have the blade furry gem setup in my boots, because I don't understand how it works with this build and Ancestral Bond. My understanding is that the skill won't work due to the limitation of not being able to deal any damage "myself". Could someone please explain how you utilize blade furry?

Oh... are + # to strength and intelligence jewels better than + # to dexterity and intelligence jewels? I also don't understand how increased HP stats on jewels benefit an ES build. Apologies for all the questions, it's my first ES character.

Thank you

Blade Flurry has 2 purposes: Apply blind (50% less chance to be hit) and trigger Elemental Overload (40% more elemental damage). Even though we can't apply damage, we still "hit" the mob (for 0 damage) and trigger both items.

Our damage scales off of Intelligence because of our primary weapon (Hand of Wisdom and Action). The reason for wanting Str+Int over Dex+Int is that you want to make sure that your Str>Dex so that the Cyclopean Coil makes you immune to Ignites (also immune to shock because Int>Str). As long as your Str>Dex, adding Dex is OK because the Coil also gives increased damage based on our lowest stat (which should always be Dex). Increased HP doesn't help us. If you look at OPs jewel recommendations, you'll see that he prioritizes attack speed and Intelligence ("Priority is Attack Speed > Intelligence > %Increased damage"). Those are the primary stats for improving our DPS.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by joNDel_x on Jun 26, 2018, 5:54:14 PM
That helps a lot!

Thank you
Just a status update on this awesome build (Thanks OP!) - I'm having a ton of fun with it this league!

I just hit level 87 and some of the stats are just amazing (these are vs Shaper from PoB):

- 15,002 Energy Shield!!! Better watch out, GGG will nerf ES again... :-)
- PoB says 84% evade
- DPS is a bit over 300K per totem, so over 1.2m shaper DPS.
- Immune to ignite, shock, and all curses

I expect that my DPS may increase with levels and I know it will go up with another jewel slot or 2.

Gear
Spoiler
Last edited by joNDel_x on Jun 27, 2018, 5:52:41 AM
Hey Waffle - just wanted to give an update for the HC community. The build is viable and i have done most content in the game - going to tackle Shaper this week and have done all previous content in the game.

I just wanted to get your take on my gear. Can you take a look at "BenTheRat" and figure out what I can do to improve? Any suggestions would be awesome.
I'm level 90, my ES is 9k flat it supposed to be 10k+ and it's really hard to kill uber atziri. I'm following this build but still I can't get over 10k+ es.
"
Does he do funky rainbowsplosions?

No.

"
Can he clear a Shaped Burial Grounds map in 10 seconds?

No.

"
I like Windriper (stronkk) can he use windriper?

No.

"
Does he plow through Shaper's Realm, Alluring Abyss and a map like this like through a Beach map?

Yes.
Last edited by SpectralLynx on Jul 24, 2018, 3:32:41 PM
Best item to dubbel corrupt ? Helmet if dont have enchant ? or Weapon/belt ?
How does this build behave in incursions ?
"
joNDel_x wrote:
Just a status update on this awesome build (Thanks OP!) - I'm having a ton of fun with it this league!

I just hit level 87 and some of the stats are just amazing (these are vs Shaper from PoB):

- PoB says 84% evade

I expect that my DPS may increase with levels and I know it will go up with another jewel slot or 2.

Gear
Spoiler

Hey. I just finished looking over your build setup. Our gear looks extremely similar yet you are saying in your post you're at like 15k es and I'm right under 10k. The only differences I see between our setups are you're body armour has about 100 more es (which there is no way this would justify the 5k difference), I'm a higher character lvl, and you're using lvl 20 discipline and I'm using lvl 21.

The rest of my gear is almost highest ES rolls. How on earth do you have so much more ES?.... What am I missing here?...
Last edited by JonnyBrains on Jul 2, 2018, 4:41:02 PM
"
JonnyBrains wrote:
"
joNDel_x wrote:

- PoB says 84% evade

Gear
Spoiler

Hey. I just finished looking over your build setup. Our gear looks extremely similar yet you are saying in your post you're at like 15k es and I'm right under 10k. The only differences I see between our setups are you're body armour has about 100 more es (which there is no way this would justify the 5k difference), I'm a higher character lvl, and you're using lvl 20 discipline and I'm using lvl 21.

The rest of my gear is almost highest ES rolls. How on earth do you have so much more ES?.... What am I missing here?...

You may be missing his shield which is an Atziri's reflection not mirror, so there is another base +200 ES, and he has a watchers eye with % of mana as extra ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info