[3.0] The Unshaper | Crit Starforge Heavy Strike | Millions of DPS | Shaper in ~3:30

Flicker strike is a lot of fun. I'm glad I don't have to level with it though because it's so unreliable. But you really can't beat it in clearspeed/fun combination.

Heavy strike for bosses works as described. You need to get up close and personal with them and make sure you hit them otherwise you're dead. But damage is amazing.

For me the Shaper himself is not a problem. I always have more trouble with mobs/unshaped than with him with this build.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
lemonize wrote:
I dont now what is wrong, besides that i used cyclone for leveling and really have 0 problems in normal maps and rarely die, im a bit disappointed with my heavy strike damage/single target damage vs guardians/shaper. I think my gear is decent enough and i have most of my gems linked to heavy strike with 20 quality but not all. i use rat's nest instead of abyssus and ancestral protector just in a 4link. I still can kill guardians/shaper but the damage looks nowhere near like in the videos. i didnt even expect it to be the same but i never really doing that big hits and it takes some time to kill them.
don't know what is wrong and i can't imagine if i have ancestral in 6link and all gems 20quality i would get that really hard single hits instantly.
i'll maybe just switch to full cyclone build.

maybe use abyssus? high flat phys + high crit multi on crit build and you wonder why you dont have dmg, holy fuk

using treshhold jewels might help as well

and yes you gain a lot of singletarget from additional warchief idk if you can't properly read don't complain if your build doesn't work like wtf
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
Last edited by Knampfclown on Sep 30, 2017, 12:05:34 PM
Shaper has been unshaped in timely fashion (x3 and more to come). Thanks for guide.

Best
TheScalpel
Last edited by TheScalpel on Sep 30, 2017, 11:52:32 AM
Could I use the retch Rustic sash instead of the other belt? I just feel it's more useful/ more life / more chaos dmg 200% MORE damage on it.
In a house of mirrors, who perceives who to be real?
"
Knampfclown wrote:
"
lemonize wrote:
I dont now what is wrong, besides that i used cyclone for leveling and really have 0 problems in normal maps and rarely die, im a bit disappointed with my heavy strike damage/single target damage vs guardians/shaper. I think my gear is decent enough and i have most of my gems linked to heavy strike with 20 quality but not all. i use rat's nest instead of abyssus and ancestral protector just in a 4link. I still can kill guardians/shaper but the damage looks nowhere near like in the videos. i didnt even expect it to be the same but i never really doing that big hits and it takes some time to kill them.
don't know what is wrong and i can't imagine if i have ancestral in 6link and all gems 20quality i would get that really hard single hits instantly.
i'll maybe just switch to full cyclone build.

maybe use abyssus? high flat phys + high crit multi on crit build and you wonder why you dont have dmg, holy fuk

using treshhold jewels might help as well

and yes you gain a lot of singletarget from additional warchief idk if you can't properly read don't complain if your build doesn't work like wtf

I think you understood me wrong, this was not a "build is shit i have no dmg and always die" post like others in this thread. i didnt wonder why i have no dmg, as i said i still could kill shaper/guardians deathless super easy. i just said i didnt see that really big big single hits. and ofc i used the treshhold jewels by the time i did the post i already took most items out. and ofc i tried abyssus with the 12% enchant but rat's just felt safer.

i must say the buildidea is really nice, great job. the dmg can scale really well with more currency u put in.

i was just at a point where i invested 70 ex and wanted to see this crazy dmg without investing more into it, knowing i wouldnt play it for that long anyways.i maybe could have invest way way more to see that insane big hits, like others who invested 150+ex.but i didnt because the skill itself is one of the most boring skills in the game,it already felt boring after 5 easy shaper runs.maybe it would have been fun to see guardians/shaper die with a few hits 5 more times but that's all. didnt even used heavy strike vs t15 bosses, cyclone was more than enough and just felt smoother(knockback of heavy strike can be annoying). so i only used it for for guardians and shaper.it is truely just an endgame boss killer build, like a dps benchmark, since u are also very limited with the map mods.

so maybe i could have invested way more and kill shaper 5more times with big hits and then get bored anyway,but it was not worth the time to put in. so this is more like a personal thing.

as i said, the buildidea itself is really nice.

Last edited by lemonize on Sep 30, 2017, 8:39:41 PM
why not multistrike with heavey strike? becasue you wont shock or?

also, if you cant be asked for flicker for map clearing, would you just run cyclone or lacerate or something like that?
Last edited by Nisseonbeer on Oct 1, 2017, 1:59:46 PM
Hi.

(Sry for my bad english but I hope you understand me).

I did your Build and it´s awesome for damage! But I die so fcking easily.. I can´t even do Cruel Lab because the traps kill me. I don´t know what I can do. I don´t wearing Abyssus while doing lab and I also try to play defensiv, but when I go in 1 trap I instantly die... and that in CRUEL. What Can I do except don´t touch the traps?^^

Last edited by T_T_B on Oct 2, 2017, 2:17:18 PM
For those player who wants to try this build. I would suggest don't trust those player who support using flicker strike on leveling. You can either use dual wielding Sunder by using Soul taker or just using two starforges (one for heavystrike the other for Lacerate, cyclone, or other skills) depends on your budget. I would suggest just leveling by dual wielding sunder then switch to this build when you feel the level is enough for you.
"
odin813 wrote:
For those player who wants to try this build. I would suggest don't trust those player who support using flicker strike on leveling. You can either use dual wielding Sunder by using Soul taker or just using two starforges (one for heavystrike the other for Lacerate, cyclone, or other skills) depends on your budget. I would suggest just leveling by dual wielding sunder then switch to this build when you feel the level is enough for you.

i leveled up with flicker all the way to 94, without abyssus ofc
Last edited by berg3g on Oct 5, 2017, 8:56:01 PM
First of all thank you for this manly build. :D I enjoy playing this build a lot.

I tried levelling up using flicker strike but it was kind of annoying since you have to watch out for reflect mobs, otherwise you're toast all of a sudden. Tried Lacerate but the damage isn't that good for my 5L Starforge and it was slow. Finally decided to use Cyclone which I really prefer and suggest. Others might feel Cyclone so slow but I wore Devoto's just to compensate, so try wearing it while levelling.

Now when it comes to Bosses/Guardians/Shaper, they really MELT like BUTTER. Also Brine King major Pantheon is a must like what OP suggested. I wasn't using it at first because I thought I could just get away with the mini stuns. But then I noticed I couldn't hit things properly. So if you miss, you'll gonna have a hard time keeping up.

I have been looking for great single target builds and I'm glad I tried this build, It's so much fun.

Here's my gear: (Didn't bother looking for 20/20 gems after ripping 2 for 17%/18% quality.)

Last edited by kurimaw666 on Oct 7, 2017, 12:02:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info