3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
rhah wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:
"
rhah wrote:
Uploaded a red elder fight with dual dyadus axes.

https://youtu.be/B-ojVxHOlIg
\

Wow video looked like it is very viable with dual axes. Your gear is reasonable budget too.

The tree is interesting, gone for 2 additional jewel sockets, guess that really helps the damage output too.

Any feedback regarding the fight? How did it feel, any dodgy moments?

Jewels are expensive, especially Watcher's Eye. It goes for around 15ex.

Fight was very easy, just barely dipped below 70% when i got hit by a ton of projectiles. Didn't even need to use my HP flask.

Your jewels are all fire damage + burning damage. Is that better than increased damage over time + increased damage?

Trying to answer my own question but obviously not entirely sure. Is it because the damage increase from any 1 of those 4 modifiers is exactly the same in terms of weighting and the only influencing element is the numerical percentage. Therefore higher the % the more damage.

E.g. 14% increased damage is better than 13% increased burning damage.
E.G. 12% increased damage is exactly the same bonus as 12% increased damage.
(only with respect to RF, not taking into account movement skill, cyclone etc etc).

If so, is it because fire + burning damage has higher maximum % and thus give more overall damage.

Just checking - Area damage useful at all? (by comparison to others?)
Last edited by Mentalmike on Mar 20, 2018, 6:51:22 PM
Your understanding is correct.

Regarding Area Damage, it doesn't buff Scorching Ray. So if you are using it in combination with Righteous Fire, you'll be better off getting % damage or % damage over time instead.
I'm totally excited about the build. I still have some problems countering the degeneration when dualwielding.
But I actually like it much better than the more defensive variant with shield.

I am considering what is better for the endgame. Most of them seem to play with shield and scorching ray.
But can the damage dealt with shield, keep up with dual wield?
I could imagine playing with shield and scorching ray. But before I roll over the items again, I would like to know from someone who has already tested it, which is better.
"
exec85 wrote:
I'm totally excited about the build. I still have some problems countering the degeneration when dualwielding.
But I actually like it much better than the more defensive variant with shield.

I am considering what is better for the endgame. Most of them seem to play with shield and scorching ray.
But can the damage dealt with shield, keep up with dual wield?
I could imagine playing with shield and scorching ray. But before I roll over the items again, I would like to know from someone who has already tested it, which is better.

I wouldn't recommend dualwield unless you have recovery on belt and Watcher's Eye. You also need high MS roll on boots, and Quicksilver with MS.

I tested it last league on Minotaur, against shield without Scorching Ray. It cut kill time by more than half. With Scorching Ray, the difference will obviously be smaller, but still significant. I can't give you concrete numbers, as i haven't done extensive testing this league, but I've tried both builds and dualwield is noticeably faster, that's why i'm staying with it for now. I also hate using Scorching Ray, so there is also that.
hey i was wondering if there are watcher's eye jewels that actually has regen stat on them or if its just the increased life that you're talking about when you say multiplier (i'm new and confused ;P)

"
SpookZeh wrote:
hey i was wondering if there are watcher's eye jewels that actually has regen stat on them or if its just the increased life that you're talking about when you say multiplier (i'm new and confused ;P)

"(20-30)% increased life recovery rate while affected by vitality"

You can also get on an elder belt.

"(10-20)% increased life recovery rate"

This mod acts as a life regeneration multiplier. So if say you got 1000 life regeneration, 50% recovery will turn that into 1,500.
Hello, very nice detailed guide, thank you! So i just started mapping with 2x dyadus and have couple of questions : 1st of all - im playing chieftain with than ngamahu passive, i have brutality in my cyclone so it will not mess my EE ? or the only way to proc it to cast orb of storms ? And if not do i still need that orb to proc EE or i can go with cyclone and some added cold damage on my gear ? And what about vortex instead orb of storms ?
Last edited by xtraomg on Mar 24, 2018, 11:08:34 PM
"
xtraomg wrote:
Hello, very nice detailed guide, thank you! So i just started mapping with 2x dyadus and have couple of questions : 1st of all - im playing chieftain with than ngamahu passive, i have brutality in my cyclone so it will not mess my EE ? or the only way to proc it to cast orb of storms ? And if not do i still need that orb to proc EE or i can go with cyclone and some added cold damage on my gear ? And what about vortex instead orb of storms ?

Ngamahu ruins all skills and spells that deal physical damage, since it converts that physical damage into fire damage. By socketing Brutality into Cyclone you stop it from triggering bad EE. Now you need another way to trigger EE. Orb of Storms is a good way. But you need to make sure that you have no additional physical damage to spells on your gear. I also recommend linking Orb of Storms with Increased Critical Strikes, so that it can also trigger Elemental Overlord.

I guess you could use Vortex, but it has half the duration of Orb of Storms.

GUYS! NEED HELP!
I have 8EX and i don't know what to upgrade next on my RF build. I know i cant do Helmet, the bloody things are going for 20+EX.

My Main concern is regen at this stage and life. I've taken down shaper, Hydra, Chimera and RED Elder (t13+) However with elder i cant keep Shaper alive.

So please let me know i can best spend 8ex to get the next best gear, I'm sorry i don't know how to link Jewels, please have a look in my profile.

Thanks
"
stig2016 wrote:
My Main concern is regen at this stage and life. I've taken down shaper, Hydra, Chimera and RED Elder (t13+) However with elder i cant keep Shaper alive.

So please let me know i can best spend 8ex to get the next best gear, I'm sorry i don't know how to link Jewels, please have a look in my profile.

Thanks

kaom's way rings
essence crafted marble amulet
elder leather belt with % recovery
jewels with at least %life and burning damage
forbidden taste in-place of hp flask
i changed the main tree a bit, so take a look at the updated passive tree section

If you can't keep shaper alive, what you can do is: get frost wall, link it with increased duration, and cast it in-front of shaper. That will protect him from projectiles.
Last edited by rhah on Mar 25, 2018, 11:40:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info