[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

"
Lemabelle wrote:
It's possible your max mana pool is too low if you skipped the few mana nodes in the build, like soul siphon.

Thanks! You help me a lot. I have followed Raider tree from first post and there is no soul siphon.
Now it's clear why I have mana issues :)
"
SdSp wrote:
How do you deal with bleeding, if you don't have any staunching flasks?

I do you have staunching flask, my diamond flask.

"
RawDamage wrote:
"
Vessious wrote:
How do you overcome the massive amount of mana KB takes to cast? costs me 81 of my 157 mana (unreserved) to cast, which leech can't keep up with.

I'm wondering too. Currently need to pop mana flask all the time.

You're doing something wrong. KB in tempest should be the highest your mana cost gets, which is 68 mana. If you're using Thunderfist, it is 52.

"
idrgz wrote:
is belly vs yriels a huge dps loss? has anyone tried?

If you're using Lycosidae, Yriel's is less of a damage boost. But in endgame setups (rare shield / esh's mirror), the damage Yriel's provides is huge. But the HP from Belly is very nice of course.

"
SdSp wrote:
How would you deal with being frozen? specially from strongboxes

If you're not playing as Raider / Pathfinder, you need to run a freeze remove flask. The shock from Vinktar's is unavoidable though.
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
lol it isn't that they're doing something wrong, its that they have something slightly different from you. most likely its a different support rather than pierce, thus higher multi, thus higher mana cost.

almost nobody copies a build 100% of the way

a way you can get around the mana cost while mapping anyway is to get a jewel with +2 mana gained on hit.

another thing i've started doing personally is running my herald of ice with curse on hit poacher's mark which gives mana on hit to things that are cursed as well. i do this for the flask charge generation, which really helps for constantly having flasks up (especially dying sun and diamond flasks) and on lower charge generation map mods.
after all i don't need assassin's mark power charge generation since im a scion with assassin point (20% change to get power charge on hitting max life enemies. they're up constantly). and you don't need the extra crit vs trash and stuff anyway, which is the only thing assassin's mark will be procing on. i use proj weakness vs bosses anyway.

i also removed onslaught from my herald of ice setup, since it wasn't procing often enough to justify the mana cost since i too have 81 mana cost on KB. the extra max mana is nice.
"
xMustard wrote:
lol it isn't that they're doing something wrong, its that they have something slightly different from you. most likely its a different support rather than pierce, thus higher multi, thus higher mana cost.

almost nobody copies a build 100% of the way

a way you can get around the mana cost while mapping anyway is to get a jewel with +2 mana gained on hit.

another thing i've started doing personally is running my herald of ice with curse on hit poacher's mark which gives mana on hit to things that are cursed as well. i do this for the flask charge generation, which really helps for constantly having flasks up (especially dying sun and diamond flasks) and on lower charge generation map mods.
after all i don't need assassin's mark power charge generation since im a scion with assassin point (20% change to get power charge on hitting max life enemies. they're up constantly). and you don't need the extra crit vs trash and stuff anyway, which is the only thing assassin's mark will be procing on. i use proj weakness vs bosses anyway.

i also removed onslaught from my herald of ice setup, since it wasn't procing often enough to justify the mana cost since i too have 81 mana cost on KB. the extra max mana is nice.

Another method is just take 1 extra mana node in the mana leech/life leech node. That puts you at .08% leech which was more then enough leech for me from 60ish until 85ish when I readjusted my gear and did tons more damage.
so interesting thing here.
i noticed i had a really good base wand ready for crafting to possibly replace my piscators. here it is right as is.

with a t1 lightning and t1 cold its pretty good and ready to craft. atm it would sell for probably about 40-50c.
at the cost of 4x (bout 140c) total i could master craft prefixes cannot be changed (2ex) and scour the suffixes, then i could remove the crafted mod, and get multi mod (2ex) and craft atk spd and crit chance for all mods. sure it has a useless 11 mana mod but no matter.

by doing that, if i got max rolls, i'd end up with a 250 edps, 319 dps wand worth about 250-350c compared to others listed at the moment.

interesting thing is, PoB doesn't show it as being better than my current piscator's, which is this

either way im going to craft the wand because it'll be a profit, no way around that. at that point i'll try the wand and if it isn't a significant boost to anything then i'll just master craft my piscators as 3L and keep using it.
just interesting how ppl say rare wands will for sure be better, when i don't see that as the case, unless you want a 50+ exalt wand. at that point, ya fk you might as well just use a piscators unless you're so stinkin rich and have everything else perfected.
Hi!
Can anyone check my character having a hard time killing boss for T6, T7 maps.
Thank you
Could you explain why you prefer traveling up through heart of oak to get to VP? I mean instead of going by Acro and heading left. The acro way takes you by Revenge of the Hunted as well, which seems very strong for 3 points.

I mean is heart of Oak worth it over say 2 5% life nodes? You don't get any use out of the life regen either.

Also, any particular reason youre not a fan of acro?
IGN: dbk or BONGSANDTHONGS if you prefer
Last edited by datbabykilla on Sep 8, 2017, 7:49:50 PM
I watched the video and didn't understand how u got ice icicles from the ground. What is that - skill or mt?
HCSSF vegan crosfitter btw
I've made two wand builds in the past and they were most fun ranged builds I ever played. Other was Power Siphon and other was Kinetic Blast. How are these skills nowadays in practice? KB seems to be the go to wand skill, but I have soft spot for PS, because it's such a beautiful skill.
@xmustard: you got like 22% total WED on your gear but 3 flat damage rolls. There's no way switching to any rare wand below 100ex would make any sense unless you change your gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info